1.7.7.1 loot fix

Matt L

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
Alright so a genius of a dude named Hangender showed me this way to fix the ridiculously sparse loot spawns in 1.7.7.1, simply go into your init.sqf and locate a line that says
Code:
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"
and delete it. Bam, done. Loot should start spawning more reliably. I would also use the custom loot table found here : http://opendayz.net/threads/100-custom-loot-tables-tutorial.8474/page-15#post-53896 to edit loot chances, amounts, etc. Have fun!

Alright so a genius of a dude named Hangender showed me this way to fix the ridiculously sparse loot spawns in 1.7.7.1, simply go into your init.sqf and locate a line that says
Code:
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"
and delete it. Bam, done. Loot should start spawning more reliably. I would also use the custom loot table found here : http://opendayz.net/threads/100-custom-loot-tables-tutorial.8474/page-15#post-53896 to edit loot chances, amounts, etc. Have fun!
Ya that is the first thing i did to my server automatically because it has no purpose!

To fix loot in 1.7.7.1 just do this:

In server_cleanup.fsm (dayz_server.pbo) look for :

(diag_tickTime - _timeNem) > 60

And change 60 for a higher number (I'm using 3600)

In variables.sqf (mission.pbo) change:

dayz_spawnDelay = 300;
dayz_spawnWait = -300;

with:

dayz_spawndelay = 120;
dayz_spawnWait = -120;

There are other variables you can modify at your taste, but that should be enough to get loot spawns properly.

has anyone tried this with vilayer im struggling to find variables.sqf due to there not there is there any way i can add variables.sqf to this without having to fix all scripts

has anyone tried this with vilayer im struggling to find variables.sqf due to there not there is there any way i can add variables.sqf to this without having to fix all scripts

I'm with Vilayer too m8. This is what I normally do.

• You can download the dayz_code.pdo from @dayz/Addons in the FTP
  • Extract variables.sqf from dayz_code using PBO manager
  • Edit the extracted variables.sqf as above
  • Upload it to your vilayercodecustom/mission/map folder/. I make a new folder called fixes so fixes/variables.sqf
  • Open up your init.sqf and change the file path for the variables to fixes/variables.sqf or whereever you put the changed file.

I'm with Vilayer too m8. This is what I normally do.

• You can download the dayz_code.pdo from @dayz/Addons in the FTP
  • Extract variables.sqf from dayz_code using PBO manager
  • Edit the extracted variables.sqf as above
  • Upload it to your vilayercodecustom/mission/map folder/. I make a new folder called fixes so fixes/variables.sqf
  • Open up your init.sqf and change the file path for the variables to fixes/variables.sqf or whereever you put the changed file.

ok thanks this worked alot

To fix loot in 1.7.7.1 just do this:

In server_cleanup.fsm (dayz_server.pbo) look for :

(diag_tickTime - _timeNem) > 60

And change 60 for a higher number (I'm using 3600)

Thanks for this. Do I place a copy of this file into my fixes folder and edit a file in my mission folder to redirect dayz to it?

Nope that file is already in dayz_server.pbo as those instructions clearly state.

I could not get this pbo to repack correctly which is why I was wondering.

It seems I was using an old or corrupt version of the cpbo executable, it was missing out a number of files when rebuilding dayz_server.pbo, hence the question.

Once I made sure I was running cpbo V2.12, it packed up nicely! :)

http://www.kegetys.fi/arma/
has the latest, as does the latest Reality Hive.

ok thanks this worked alot
I know this is an old thread, but for future reference you don't have to go through all of that. Vilayer unpacks our server.pbo and mission.pbo for us, so you don't need pbo viewer/manager. Go into your Vilayercodecustom folder and the first list you see is all of the server.pbo files (find your map) and at the bottom is the root missions folder when you open that you are in your mission.pbo... they're just unpacked into a non pbo format. You can then just go in and edit the text, save, restart server, bam.

The actual locations of both of the files on Vilayer -
open file manager:
Vilayercodecustom - dayz_chernarus - system - server_cleanup.fsm
Vilayercodecustom - missions - dayz.chernarus - dayz_code - init - variables.sqf

Back