1.8.3 backpack glitch - disappearing?

muggerfugger

Alot of my players are complaining about their backpacks randomly disappearing.

I personally haven't experienced this, but some of the guys i group with have.

It seems their backpack still appears to be there, and other people can access it, but they can't access it themselves, and it doesn't show up when they goto their own inventory.

I don't know why it happens, or whats causing it.

i haven't changed anything with the ui or inventory systems.

I googled about this being related to 1.8.3 but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know of a quick fix for this?

if others can access it, then in the database they still have a backpack and probably if they go to the lobby and return they will access the backpack again. This issue actually sounds familiar from around 1.7.6 .. if not backpacks it was something else that did this same thing.

it sounds like the gear dialog is just not being displayed ..

the code that displays that dialog is this bit in dayz_code\compile\keyboard.sqf
so it checks if they are not pressing shift, control, alt or a dialog is already shown. So perhaps they have their caps lock on?

Code:
_gear = {
        if ((vehicle player != player) and !_shiftState and !_ctrlState and !_altState && !dialog) then {
            createGearDialog [player, "RscDisplayGear"];
            _handled = true;
        }
        else { if ((vehicle player == player) and (speed vehicle player > 0)) then {
            [objNull, player, rSwitchMove,""] call RE;
            _handled = true;
        };};
    };

BTW I just did a search and came up with about 60 servers running dayz 1.8.3 so there might not be enough servers running to produce results when you search for issues. And out of those 60 most are either small and dont make posts or are large servers which fix their own problems and dont provide any fixes to the community.

I think I said this before, if you have problems check and post here https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues?page=2&q=is:issue is:eek:pen so they can be fixed by the devs for the next build

I've had this issue on my server as well. Players have a backpack, others can access it but the player themselves can't access it. I'll see if shootingblanks post helps about caps lock next time I hear someone saying its happening to them.

A buddy i play with finally just this issue. Asked him if his capslocks or something else was on. nope.

I suggested that maybe relogging would resolve the issue, but the backpack was completely gone after re joining.

Not sure what causes it to happen. its not a caps lock typoe thing. more like a glitch when messing with his gear, because at the time he was looting a barrack.

what item did he loot

might be a gun without the right tag so it kills the backpack. do you have custom loot tables?

what item did he loot

might be a gun without the right tag so it kills the backpack. do you have custom loot tables?

All default loot. He said he hadn't even picked up a gun yet. just was looting regular stuff and the glitch happened. So sounds like regular backpack opening and such.

Back