100% Custom Loot tables - TUTORIAL

Seven

Staff member
100% Custom Loot tables help and discussion takes place here...

Says the KSVK is fake not banned those that mean it is banned?

class ksvk: FakeWeapon {};
This means its been turned into a "fake weapon" so it doesn't exist. So yes it is banned. Anything listed like this is banned But if there are two forward slashes "//" infront of the line, they aren't on the ban list.

class ksvk: FakeWeapon {};
This means its been turned into a "fake weapon" so it doesn't exist. So yes it is banned. Anything listed like this is banned But if there are two forward slashes "//" infront of the line, they aren't on the ban list.

If we have disabled sig checks can we remove items from dayz_anim (like you can with banned vehicles) to get the weapons to spawn since it looks like this is downloaded through the mission file. Or would it not work because loot is client side?

If we have disabled sig checks can we remove items from dayz_anim (like you can with banned vehicles) to get the weapons to spawn since it looks like this is downloaded through the mission file. Or would it not work because loot is client side?
You cant remove them, well you can but then every client that joins your sever has to the same

if we have already modified our server_spawnCrashSite.sqf, just revert it back to default and use this method?

Keep your crash site code. This code only changes building loot. Loot in buildings is spawned client side then sent to the server whilst crash sites are spawned server side. So crash sites will not pick up these changes since they are only ran in the building code.

No luck here. It just makes no loot spawn. Got the log's to say "CUSTOM LOOT SPAWN" like it should, no buildings spawn anything though. Checked 4 types of buildings, waited 15 minutes, etc.

Where were you testing this, I will run my tests on the exact places you tested, but this code worked fine with me testing in Kamenka docks and Cherno pubs

In Vybor's school, supermarket, and couple houses. And also down in Cherno's big industrial building. I spawned in coast near it, and nothing spawned in during that treck.

EDIT:

I got it to work using only the standard one posted here. I tried editing it, and i think the weapons i tried adding aren't banned, but arent allowed to spawn even though i can add them to my inventory via DB

I Just setup a clean server with doing this exact installation I laid out. Spawned Cherno, ran straight for supermarked then to some industrial sheds, all is spawning well. I then changed all my loots to spawn as50's and only as50's. Did the same again, All loot was an as50.

Attach your mission pbo and I'll have a look, as the code is working fine on my end.

I Just setup a clean server with doing this exact installation I laid out. Spawned Cherno, ran straight for supermarked then to some industrial sheds, all is spawning well. I then changed all my loots to spawn as50's and only as50's. Did the same again, All loot was an as50.

Attach your mission pbo and I'll have a look, as the code is working fine on my end.
I can't at moment, but see if this works when you add it. ["M8_carbineGL","weapon"] it works if I add it to my inventory via database, but I'm thinking it doesn't actually spawn and its causing script not to work.

Works 100% out of the box for me although the farm buildings were missing so spawned the default residential loot which was kinda weird to see :D, added in the farms now though nice one Seven.

Guess I missed one while quickly writing this :p I've updated the code in the first post

hey Seven, I have a question for you about modifying loot types.

I see below that there is a blank itemclass with a type of "hospital". How do I modify what loot is defined in this item? The reason I ask is because I have m107 magazines spawning in with no m107 being in the loot tables as I have removed them. My only suspect is that a "military" type is spawning them in.

So I am wondering what I need to do to change this.

Code:
case "Hospital": {
_itemTypes =[
["","trash"],
["","hospital"],
["MedBox0","object"]
];
_itemChance = [
];
};

I've come to the conclusion that if an item is banned, it will make the script not work. I added ghillie and camo to military spawns perfectly fine but

Hambeast you would need to look into the spawn_loot.sqf, and copy this same concept to make modifications to the default switch type so that it draws from your manually made up arrays rather than the ones in cfgloot.hpp file.

Hambeast you would need to look into the spawn_loot.sqf, and copy this same concept to make modifications to the default switch type so that it draws from your manually made up arrays rather than the ones in cfgloot.hpp file.

Hey, thanks for the tutorial, a couple of things

1: I asked earlier about the lapua spawning, and it was said that it is blacklisted therefore can't be spawned. However, for vehicles, at least, i have found a workaround by disabling signature checks, then editing dayz_anim.pbo and unbanning whatever vehicle i choose. Could i somehow integrate this with weapons. Or into the mission file so people can find lapuas at heli crashes? I understand it probably wouldn't work at barracks/other places since they spawn client side loot, but would it be possible with heli crashes since the items are spawned by the server?

2: I would love to see the heli crash tutoiral whenever you have the time, the method im using atm doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks again

Hey, thanks for the tutorial, a couple of things

1: I asked earlier about the lapua spawning, and it was said that it is blacklisted therefore can't be spawned. However, for vehicles, at least, i have found a workaround by disabling signature checks, then editing dayz_anim.pbo and unbanning whatever vehicle i choose. Could i somehow integrate this with weapons. Or into the mission file so people can find lapuas at heli crashes? I understand it probably wouldn't work at barracks/other places since they spawn client side loot, but would it be possible with heli crashes since the items are spawned by the server?

2: I would love to see the heli crash tutoiral whenever you have the time, the method im using atm doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks again

and how works your signature disabling ?

Back