100% Custom Loot tables - TUTORIAL

so then you just need to edit what you have then right?
are these loot tables you have had working previously or newly installed?

post them and maybe someone can help you out. are there errors in your rpt also or not?

i took the orginal dayz_code files, and edited config into missionconfig and changed at end how often the loot is supposed to spawn. My Loot Spawns, weapons do too, but without ammo. I've seen the AK47 spawn with 1 magazin, but neither the uzi or the m4a1 spawns with one. So generally it has to do something with the orginal dayz files.

Thats why i asked if someone else could post his, files and I check where I went wrong, or post a fix.

but few people use dayz anymore ... even I, a die-hard epoch hater have moved away from 1.8.3
so its up to you and the other guy with a dayz 1.8.3 server :D
which is why i said if you post it, maybe someone can look at it .... you MIGHT be the only one with 1.8.3 custom loot on this site

i know at some point dayz was supposed to spawn all weaopns with at least one magazine but i never saw that happen on a regular basis. are magazines in your loot table?

I added them as "ammo" and a count of "2.0" but there is still nothing spawning, hell i want the old dayz back, or atleast dayzmod team to make it easyer for server owner to change the loot themselves, and choose what weapons and vehicles to add. I miss the Scar's and VWgolf..

I added them as "ammo" and a count of "2.0" but there is still nothing spawning, hell i want the old dayz back, or atleast dayzmod team to make it easyer for server owner to change the loot themselves, and choose what weapons and vehicles to add. I miss the Scar's and VWgolf..
thats why i switched to epoch. some of the things dayz banned are just dumb. So I have an epoch server but removed MOST of the traders and left the remaining traders to buy anything but only sell the basics.

as to your problem. You posted a few files but not all, you DID import all the dependencies right?
your cfgbuildingloot.hpp imports "CfgLoot.hpp"

and then that imports
#include "BuildingLoot\Residential.hpp"
#include "BuildingLoot\militaryEAST.hpp"
#include "BuildingLoot\militaryWEST.hpp"
#include "BuildingLoot\Supermarket.hpp"
#include "CfgBuildingTrashLoot.hpp"

and here is your ammo loot array from cfgloot.hpp
Code:
ammo[] = {
        {"7Rnd_45ACP_1911",0.03},
        {"6Rnd_45ACP",0.03},
        {"15Rnd_W1866_Slug",0.03},
        {"15Rnd_W1866_Slug",0.03},
        {"8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug",0.03},
        {"7Rnd_45ACP_1911",0.04},
        {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",0.02},
        {"75Rnd_545x39_RPK",0.02},
        {"20Rnd_762x51_DMR",0.02},
        {"20Rnd_762x51_FNFAL",0.03},
        {"17Rnd_9x19_glock17",0.05},
        {"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",0.01},
        {"8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD",0.01},
        {"15Rnd_9x19_M9",0.03},
        {"30Rnd_762x39_AK47",0.02},
        {"30Rnd_545x39_AK",0.02},
        {"5Rnd_762x51_M24",0.01},
        {"8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug",0.04},
        {"1Rnd_HE_M203",0.01},
        {"8Rnd_B_Beneli_Pellets",0.04},
        {"30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD",0.01},
        {"30Rnd_9x19_MP5",0.02},
        {"30Rnd_9x19_MP5SD",0.01},
        {"100Rnd_762x51_M240",0.01}
    };

so if you dont have those hpp files in your mission then the ammo array isn't loaded and therefore no ammo will spawn. If you want more ammo, increase the number in cfgbuildingloot.hpp whereever it says "","ammo",.10

I will add a little info to help people edit their loot, not sure it it says this in the tutorial you followed or not and if you already know this, good but many new people probably don't so I will babble on ..
Those values after the item classname are not percentages or chances of spawning like you would expect.
{"7Rnd_45ACP_1911",0.03}, is NOT a 3% chance to spawn an item
as an example, what happens is that when its supposed to spawn ammo is an array is built with each one of those items added to the array that many times. So the array would look like this
[7Rnd_45ACP_1911,7Rnd_45ACP_1911,7Rnd_45ACP_1911,6Rnd_45ACP,6Rnd_45ACP,6Rnd_45ACP, ...etc]
so when its all done the ammo array has 56 items in it and one item will be selected randomly from those 56 items. An item that is listed four times naturally has a better chance to be selected than an item that is only listed once or twice, but its not a 4% chance, its actually 4/56 = 0.07 (7% chance). Now this is AFTER the random selection was done in cfgbuildingloot where ammo had to be randomly selected already.

if i copy the spawn_loot from dayz 1.8 to 1.8.3 atleast the ammo spawns.. but still most buildings still have no loot.

are you copying all those other files too? You need them all into your mission.

#include "BuildingLoot\Residential.hpp"
#include "BuildingLoot\militaryEAST.hpp"
#include "BuildingLoot\militaryWEST.hpp"
#include "BuildingLoot\Supermarket.hpp"
#include "CfgBuildingTrashLoot.hpp"

1.8.3 is very different from 1.8.0 so not surprising if sometimes it fails.
Looking at this image, I compared the dayz_code.pbo from 1.8.o and 1.8.3 and you can see on the lower right it says there are 842 files and I highlighted those that are identical which amount to 11 files meaning 831 files are different including all those loot files. So, its highly unlikely that you can intermix the files and have it work reliably. I am sure some of those files have differences that are inconsequential but others .. well others will cause issues. So, if you want to use 1.8.3 you should just work with those files and get it working IMHO. And I said you because as I mentioned before, very few people are using Dayz mod anymore.

jBslIWM.png

Maybe I am missing something but there is no tutorial here.

100% Custom Loot tables help and discussion takes place here...

class ksvk: FakeWeapon {};
This means its been turned into a "fake weapon" so it doesn't exist. So yes it is banned. Anything listed like this is banned But if there are two forward slashes "//" infront of the line, they aren't on the ban list.

Back