A question about spawns

BetterDeadThanZed

Valued Member!
In regards to static spawned AI. If all the AI in an area are killed, and a player remains within the spawn area, will the AI continue to spawn, or do they need to leave to activate it again?

The AI will continue to respawn if the spawn area is still considered active. "Active" means that either a player is currently inside the spawn area or a player has left and returned within the time defined by DZAI_despawnWait. It works like this:

1. All players leave spawn area. A despawn timer starts, by default: 120 seconds.
  2. 120 second later, a check is made to see if there are players in the area.
  3. If there are players: cancel despawn. If there's no players: cancel any respawns, despawn area if any AI still existing.

TL;DR: If you camp within the spawn area, AI will keep respawning. Unless you set a spawn limit inside your dzai_config.sqf.

Ok, I asked this because I have a player that was testing the respawning of AI by sitting on a roof top of a building on Napf at the Suhrenfeld Array. He killed all of the AI and non respawned. I suppose it's possible he was outside of the spawn area. How big is the spawn area normally?

I do not have a spawn limit set.

The trigger area expands from 600m to 750m when active, so there's no worries about deactivating a trigger if you're camping it. It is possible that spawns were prevented because there was a player/players present near a potential spawn point.

I'm very sure that respawns work, especially at the Array since I often farmed the barracks there and 90% of the time I get shot in the back by a newly-respawned AI group.

Back