A quick question about Custom Vehicles spawning

Jraie

I'm sure there is other threads about this same subject but I am either just not looking hard enough or blind... Not sure which one, But I'm rather new to running a DayZ server and I just had a question about how Vehicles spawn, The Vehicles in the v_vehicle table are the ones spawned in, Correct? But there is a few vehicles that were added to our tables by default but they don't actually spawn in game, Is there anything I need to do to fix the fact that they aren't showing up in game or am I going to need Rmod for them..?

This is what my SQL tables show

MMMWV
Code:
HMMWV
[0,[13441.056,12003.912,4.5776367e-005]]
[[["AK_47_M"],[]],[["PartWoodPile", "ItemBandage",...
[["karoserie",1]]

MH6J_DZ
Code:
MH6J_DZ
[122,[10137.868,12049.376,-6.1035156e-005]]
[[[],[]],[["1Rnd_Smoke_M203", "7Rnd_45ACP_1911", "...
[["motor",1],["velka vrtule",1]]

BAF_Offroad_D
Code:
BAF_Offroad_D
[152,[864.868,9125.78,-0.002]]
[[[],[]],[["HandChemRed"],[1]],[[],[]]]
[["glass1",0.419],["glass2",0.237],["glass3",0.553...

V_vehicle table shows vehicles that are currently spawned into your map...

Vehicle shows the available vehicles by the Bliss database...

To add additional vehicles to spawn into your world, you have to add entries under world_vehicle... Bear in mind, even though some of the vehicles show up under the Vehicle table, certain vehicles are restricted by maps (unless you are using rmod, rmod removes map restrictions for all vehicles)...

To add an entry, you'll need to go to the bottom of the world_vehicle table and add an entry... You'll put in the vehicle_id which will correspond to the id # for the vehicle under the vehicle table... So if BAF_Offroad_D is id 30, then you would use that as the vehicle_id under world_vehicle... Next you'll need the world_id, this corresponds to the map your server is set to... I think by default, Chernarus is 1... I would have to look up what the others are if you are running a different map... Next, under worldspace, you would put the coordinates that you want the vehicle to spawn in on... The easiest way I have found to do this is to run to a point on the map, then look yourself up under the survivor table and pull your coordinates off of there... Description is purely optional, I usually put vehicle type and/or location of the worldspace (so... HMMWV, Elektro) or whatever... This is just to make it easier on myself later but definitely not required... Chance is the likelihood of spawning... 1 would mean 100% of the time whereas 0 would be 0%... The numbers should go up by decimal... For the sake of testing, I would set the new vehicle to 1 and then run the spawn vehicles script... If the new vehicle is where you wanted it (and doesn't show up invisible), then you are good to go... No further steps required... You can assign multiple spawn points to the same vehicle type to offer a little bit of a random spawn (also, changing the limit_min and limit_max entries on vehicle table could allow for more than one of these vehicle types to spawn in, provided you have more than enough spawn points to accommodate)...

If you need any further clarification, please feel free to ask...
CPL

Is there a list of vehicles by id that are allowed for specific map, im starting to get tired of adding vehicle spawns and selecting a vehicle to find that it doesnt spawn, since every time a server restart is required

also i have not been able to spawn a hmmwv

Is there a list of vehicles by id that are allowed for specific map, im starting to get tired of adding vehicle spawns and selecting a vehicle to find that it doesnt spawn, since every time a server restart is required

also i have not been able to spawn a hmmwv

You're probably running the regular Chernarus map, to unlock all vehicles, you need to run the rmod version of Chernarus...

As far as vehicles that are not banned, here is a handy little list I used to use prior to moving to rmod... It will show you what you can and cannot spawn in a standard DayZ server...

http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/83421-dayz-big-vehicleweaponmisc-classname-list/

Only exception being, A10 is no longer spawnable (the list is a bit old)... The other vehicles have been proven to work just fine...

thanks for that link this is what i was looking for, i had found this thread a while back before i started working on setting up my own private hive, but forgot where i seen it

also from everything that ive read rmod is required on the client as well so i think i will just stick with vanilla bliss as i dont want to have users install anything on their clients to log into my server

now looking into seeing if there is another way to get the debug monitor up besides what is posted in the slightly nicer debug monitor thread

thanks for that link this is what i was looking for, i had found this thread a while back before i started working on setting up my own private hive, but forgot where i seen it

also from everything that ive read rmod is required on the client as well so i think i will just stick with vanilla bliss as i dont want to have users install anything on their clients to log into my server

now looking into seeing if there is another way to get the debug monitor up besides what is posted in the slightly nicer debug monitor thread

I was like you, but started getting frustrated with not being able to add things that just made sense (I mean, all around Chernarus is blown up HMMWVs, so why can't we have functional ones, even if they are not armed?)... I also wanted to start modding too, to make it a little more interesting to explore the map... I mean, at current, you either same Stary, NW AF, or the coast... Most of these other cities serve no real purpose because there is nothing of interest in them (except unnecessary conflict with zombies)...

I also have been working on getting up power and lights, so that players can go spend the time repairing the power grid to restore lights, which also gives bandits something more than just PKing to mess with people... It's just things like this that motivated me to go with rMod...

The download took literally like, 2 minutes to download and an additional 5 minutes (or less, depending on proficiency with computers) to set it up...

Anyways, best of luck to you...

i may end up with rmod eventually, depending on what kind of player base i establish when i finally get my server up and running on my dedi and what they would like to see added in, right now im still testing stuff on a vm mirror of my dedi box i have colo'd, im running debian squeeze so getting wine to work was kinda a pain at first

Back