Accelerated Time

Edit this works on my server you need to edit your server pbo also or it will reset the time every 5 minutes.

This syncs whit players so al players have the same time .
Stil need to test some stuf loot spawns and zombies spawn despawn also

This version is diffrent then the one from armaholic
//Skip 5 minuntes, use setDate, sync every 10 minutes, skip time every minute,Night Cycle, night skips by 7

[5,true,10,1,true,7]
You can use setDate(true) or setTime(False) Use setDate so you dont see the clouds skip.

put this in your init
[5,true,10,1,true,7] execFSM "core_time.fsm";

Attachments

• Dayz time.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 563
I am interested in this, did you manage to work out the bugs, do you have a tutorial on how to install it. ??

What I would really love is the ability to say the time so that all players get to experience some night time and day time, kinda like how minecraft does it, with 30 minutes of day, 10 minutes of night, although in dayz I would love it to be 2 hours of day and 1 of night.

hope your still working on this.

Sorry for late respone iam not home yet so i cant check my server files .
I will post asap when iam back home having some problems here on vacation.

Sorry for late respone iam not home yet so i cant check my server files .
I will post asap when iam back home having some problems here on vacation.

Shit that sucks, vaca getting messed up blows.... I know the feeling ... violently ill for a whole week while in Bodrum a couple years ago =(

Shit that sucks, vaca getting messed up blows.... I know the feeling ... violently ill for a whole week while in Bodrum a couple years ago =(

well yeah it's getting better now i hope to be home in a week broke my shoulder on vacation long story :d

if you guys wanna test this this out you need to search for lines in the server pbo its somting like "timesync "
there are found in 2 files of the server pbo on reality build .

you can take them out for testing be aware if there is no time sync then i think that vehicle positions are not gonna be saved .

I was looking into doing this a while back, my feelings on the subject are just making changes to server_hiveWrite would be sufficient.

server_hivewrite would get the time from HiveEXT and calculate how much game time will need to be accelerated. server_cleanup.fsm already retrieves and syncs the time periodically so there is no need to write a new fsm.

I believe i have this working on my server had to edit a script restriction in the process will update shortly.

Back