AI Lagging/Warping - Infantry & Choppers

SandG

Hello!

So my Chernarus Epoch 1.0.3.1 server has been running fine and Sarge's AI has been working really well, until today that is. I was watching a Chopper flying over me, when I saw it warp back to around 50 meters. I presumed it was just a one off and a bit of lag since I'd seen it happen very rarely before. This time I kept watching it though, and 30 seconds later it did the exact same thing, it warped back about 50 meters. Then it began to fly really slowly, sort of stuttering for a lack of a better word. It flew about 300 meters, then it warped back again and did the exact same thing.

After observing this for a few minutes, another Chopper arrived and that started to do the exact same thing, so i had two Choppers stuttering, lagging and warping around. This is when I spotted some infantry on the runway (they were soldiers but I doubt that matters), and I was watching them run up the runway. Then they all warped back exactly like the Choppers, they did this several times.

I teleported around the map, and each group of infantry and each helicopter I saw was doing this exact same thing. The server FPS is fine, it's not using much memory and the CPU usage is low. I do not lag at all when I witness any of this, and none of the Zeds, animals or players are lagging or warping, it's just the AI. There are also no errors at all, and nothing is showing in the .rpt about AI problems, I checked when they were warping, nothing came up. I have also tried to change the vehicle fix in config, with no luck, nothing changes. I've also tried to remove scripts one by one, it still does the same!

Any and all help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Nope, it's doing it with DZAI too. Literally only the AI is doing it - Zeds, Players & Animals are all perfectly fine.

Spent all evening long troubleshooting this. I've narrowed it down to the server PBO causing it. It's 2am so I'm wrapping for the night. Tomorrow I'll rebuild the PBO mod-by-mod until I find the cause. When I get it I'll report it back here.

I'll be doing the same.

Which PBO program do you use by the way? I use PBO manager, so there's a possibility it could be related to that if you use it too. Although it's always worked for me.

I got really frustrated with this. I started with 1031, took the server to 104 then to 1041 and still the lag persisted. I finally just nuked the entire thing and reverted back to a default 1031 server and mission pbo. I'm going to start adding things one-by-one over the next couple of days until I nail down what the culprit is. My server was running fine for quite a while with WAI and no lag issues so it's something that has happened recently. When I get to the reason I'll be sure to update this thread.

And yeah I use PBO manager and it's been stellar in every way for me.

Not sure if it was a temporary problem with HFB servers or not, but my AI lag has magically fixed it's self, and is now working well.

I have not changed anything from when I first posted this problem, I just left the server running for 24 hours without restarting it.

We have the same on our server! Did anyone find a real solution yet? also what host are you running?

Back