AI Lagging

Very helpful...:rolleyes:

Lets just say its slightly more technical than my reading ability allows and although I have read a couple of instructional works I lack the know how...hence my asking for a bit of help...

Don't worry I was just kidding.

Have you tried to read the install instructions for DayZ AI? Or are you just presuming that you do not have the knowledge to understand it? If so, maybe it is time to start reading up on it or just try. And learn by failing.
Kind of the best way to learn it tbh.

No worries ;)

You're right Zed I've got to look more deeply into it. A good starter for 10 though is...in what file or where about is the dayz_server.pbo? I use a Nitrado server that has an interface for looking at and downloading all the different map server files and theres a few with the "addons" bit!

Edit #1

I think Ive installed it but as yet Ive had no spawns on my map so...question is, having just installed it, is it set up already to just spawn or do I have to enable it somehow?

Last edited:
I think DZAI has dynamic spawning enabled by default so you could end up seeing them somewhere.
If you really want to test if they work, use the static spawns.
Tbh, making static spawns work requires some knowledge but can be figured out if the existing example files are examined closely.

So what do I do for most of my days off...yep thats right...properly install DZAI lol! I bit the bullet (thanks again Zed for the prod) and installed it via the server config... I now have bandits running around the map and the world is a slightly happier place :)

Now...I as yet have seen no helis...

I haven't used DZAI in a while so not sure if this applies to the newer versions as well but back in they day when I had it the heli patrols were disabled by default. So take a good look in the config and set the Patrol to true.

this thread is for sarge ai, not dzai. and for anyone that ends up reading this thread, dzai is a smaller ai feature that only spawns bandit ai. i tried it a long time ago, and went right back to sarge. sarge has bandit, military, and survivor ai, plus you have a lot more control.

Back