AI subgroups and aggression inheritance

cramps

I'd like to be able to spawn groups within groups - I've found you can use many of the arma models for AI (list here) - as I type this my survivors carry shotguns and look like farmers but I change them often and have been considering a rotation of the sar config file each restart - however - would it be difficult to spawn "sub-groups"? - eg groups that are configured differently in regard to what they carry and how they are dressed but inherit the main behavior of thier main archetype?

I could then spawn individual bandits in electro, put aggressive american troops in a base stuffed with nato gear and have friendly russian troops out there with ak's killing zombies at the same time as dayz themed survivors wandering about with winchesters.

one solution i could think of is adding the weapon list and skin list as an optional parameter to the SAR_AI call. By this you could overwrite the default configured values / group.

Will need to check though what other things (e.g. respawning) that affects.

Have put it on my todo list, no date and priority as of now though .-)

Sarge

one solution i could think of is adding the weapon list and skin list as an optional parameter to the SAR_AI call. By this you could overwrite the default configured values / group.

Will need to check though what other things (e.g. respawning) that affects.

Have put it on my todo list, no date and priority as of now though .-)

Sarge

Sounds awesome and fair enough :D

Back