Another "Wait for Host" issue.

AtomikMulch

Hello all.

I am new to OpenDayz and would like someone's help in solving this private server issue. This server is intended for myself and my son to play on.

I have watched several videos regarding installing and setting up of the server. So here is what I did.

1) I downloaded and installed/copied the "PwnozOr_DayZ-Private-Server" files into the Arma2:OA directory. [BTW, I have the steam copy].

2) I noticed that my server.cfg file had 2 lines missing from what was shown on the video, so I added them in.... "server, type '#login xyz' and the "reportingIP=blah blah" . Saved and exited.

3) modified some of the gamesettings in the init.sqf within the MPMissions/dayz_1.Chernarus folder. Save the file and exited.

4) Launched the startup.bat file and got an error (within the launched window) stating "ERROR 1449 (HY000) at line 1 : the user specified as a definer ('root'@' % ') does not exist. "

5) Arma 2 OA console window pops up showing dedicated host created and then Host identity created.

6) Launch DayZmod via DayZ commander

7) find the server and join

8) and then I get the "Wait for host" message and then "Session Lost" message.

9) Join OpenDayZ, search the forum for fixes/solution to problem. Check the sample startup batch file posted at "http://opendayz.net/threads/server-automatically-shutdown.10625/#post-47829". Noticed a few differences between the batch files so I modified my .bat file. Changed " -cfg=cfgdayz\basic.cfg" to " -cfg=cfgdayz\arma2.cfg" to match the sample .bat. (not sure if this made anything worse.)

10) Launch the startup .bat file, get the same error message, dedicated host and host identity created. Launch DayZmod, find the server, join and still get stuck at the Wait for Host black screen, and subsequently the Session Lost message.

11) Checked several things that were suggested in the other post. Noticed something.... then copied my Arma2 files into my Arma2:OA folder. Followed step 10 again and still get the same problem.

I would greatly appreciate help in this matter.

Addition: I now can't access any other servers with DayZmod. It gets stuck at the Wait for Host screen for all servers I am trying to join.

Last edited:
Step 1: You dont copy the private server into Arma2oa directory. You need to make a folder for your server and copy the entire Arma2 folder AND the Arma2OA folder into the same directory. And then you copy the private server files into that server folder.

Step 9: The path in your startup batch file references the file location of your server.cfg and basic.cfg files. You can keep them anywhere but by default the private server pack places them in cfgdayz so you need -config=cfgdayz\server.cfg and -cfg=cfgdayz\basic.cfg

Open your cfgdayz folder and look for arma2oaserver.rpt and see what the last line says. Post that entire file to dropbox or similiar and post the link here.

Here is a tutorial that I did for someone else where I do it all step by step EXCEPT for the part where I created a server folder and copied arma2 and arma2oa files into it (because that takes 10 minutes so I began just after that).
http://iaregameplayer.com/smf/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=7

Thanks for the help!!!

Now, when I follow your instruction via video, when I get to the 6minute mark, I launched the @START_SERVER.bat file. The launcher was working until I got this error "Windows cannot find '.\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe'. And windows whines about making sure that I have correctly typed the file name and to try again.

I have found the arma2oaserver.exe file but it was about two directory levels above the expansion\beta location. Should I simply copy/paste it into the requested location?

I also still get that error during the launcher loadup regarding the spawn script of ERROR 1449 (HY000) at line 1 : the user specified as a definer ('root'@' % ') does not exist. Not sure where the source of the error is, where this spawn script is.

Ok, I've linked my arma2oaserver.RPT file here "https://www.dropbox.com/s/s767u7r5064w3wv/arma2oaserver.RPT?dl=0".

I keep getting that stupid Wait for host issue whenever I launch the server and try to join. I used DayzCommander to change my DayZmod from 1.8.3 to 1.7.7.1 and no improvement. I am curious to know what is the problem.

One more issue, when launching the startup_server.bat file, in the cmd.exe window, I get this reoccuring error stating "150201 20:42:56 InnoDB: Operating system error number 32 in a file operation. The error means that another program is using InnoDB's files. This might be a backup or antivirus software or another instance of MySQL. Please close it to get rid of this error." This is beyond my knowledge hence why I am here.

I am ready to pull my hair out.........

Edited/added:
Curious to know if you recommend I use steam to install DayZmod or DayZCommander.

Last edited:
yes, old video from pre-steam release. There is no longer an expansion/beta folder so change the path to the root of your folder ./arma2oaserver.exe but you can keep the rest

That InnoDB error: Dayz requires a Mysql server to save its data. Pwnozors private server pack comes complete with its own mysql server and if you look at your startup batch file you will see that it is started up when you start the server. But there can only be ONE mysql server running. So when you have an error and close your dayz server, you must also close the black command prompt window that is the mysql. So got it? close ALL the windows when you stop the server. they should be 3 if the server actually started up, but will be 2 anyways
The Mysql window looks like this: .. of course yours fails because there is already one open. You might have to restart your computer to kill any zombie processes if you dont see any cmd windows.
IO5Ak3Y.png

AND FINALLY .. looking at your rpt log, wait for host errors usually show up as the last line and yours is this
ErrorMessage: Include file z\addons\dayz_code\gui\description.hpp not found.

that is a line in your description.ext file. Errors in this file ALWAYS result in wait for host error. So you have one of a couple things going on here.
  1. You are using an server pack that includes the mission file for dayz 1.8.3 but your actual dayz installation files are older and thats why dayz_code/gui doesn't have description.hpp .. just guessing here, not sure at what point in the patches that file was introduced.
  2. ... actually thats all i have .. obviously your server can find the rest of the files because its loading the server config files .. So check the file in your server @dayz/addons/dayz_code/gui/description.hpp and see if you have that file path to that file. If not, then download the actual server files again from here http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/1.8.3/

Last edited:
oh yeah this error
'root'@' % '
that has been addressed before, its a bug with 1.8.3 which there are a lot of. http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-private-server-files-pack-1-8-3.28/page-26#post-115478
Basically the pmain script is what exectutes on the database to update vehicles and objects when the server starts. Not sure if this error affects that but the server will at least start with this error. We can fix that later unless you are comfortable editing your pmain sql code in the database. You would have to start the server so the database is running and then use mysqlworkbench or something similiar.

To be honest, IMHO if you are just doing this for personal benefit I would stick with 1.8.2 as that was nearly flawless and 1.8.3 buggered the entire thing. But if you want to play on other dayz servers you would need to stick with 1.8.3

http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/

one other thing I would like to comment on .. do not think you are the only one who has trouble with the private servers. I have been fortunate I guess that they seem to setup easily for me MOST of the time but there are a few on this site who are very knowledgeable and have popular servers yet have difficulties getting a private server running .. not just one person, many people.

Well ShootingBlanks,

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it. Thanks for clarifying the matter on server knowledge, those of us who have more difficulty than those who don't!

So out of curiosity, would it be best if I install DayZmod 1.8.1 or 1.8.2 and then run the server 1.8.1 or 1.8.2? (if I understand your explanation correctly, these two application must have the same version number in order to work properly)

I would rather play with a slightly older version of DayZ and run my personal server than to have the most up-to-date version and have to play online, which is more of a hit and miss experience for me.

One more thing, the link above that allows access to older versions, are the @client files, the DayZmod files that are normally installed by steam or DayZ Commander?? If so then I won't have to use DayZCommander to install the files and launch the game. I find Commander quite a pain to use at times.

AM

Last edited:
Your server and your game clients must have the same version. So if you want the one with least bugs, use 1.8.2 as they made many, many changes to the structure of 1.8.3 and introduced a lot of bugs. If you are going to be playing dayz on the internet (not epoch, overpoch, origins etc) then you should tough out 1.8.3 as you will have to have the same version on your client as the internet servers use. There is a workaround that would allow you to use multiple versions of dayz but for now, until you get yours working I would avoid that.

That link I posted is the official file repository for all the versions. Correct, dayz commander and dayz launcher not required. Normally the @client files are what you would download via dayz commander and it contains the @dayz folder which is ALSO found on the server. These two folders MUST be the same version and contain the same files so you download one and copy the files to both your client and your server. Make sure the actual pbo files are in your @dayz/addons folder (image attached at bottom of page).
The @server files SHOULD contain just the @hive folder that has your addons/dayz_server.pbo, your MPMISSIONS folder and all the required dll files. I would use the dll files included in this download and overwrite those provided by the pwnozors private server pack, but that might be incorrect so if it crashes or gives dll errors then overwrite the server dll's with those included with pwnozors pack. I really dont know if there is a difference .. shouldnt be but the official released dll's SHOULD be the ones to rely on .... ideally.

Again, just make sure that in your @dayz folder and your @hive folder there is a subfolder addons. ALL your pbo files should be inside of the addons folder.

notice that my @dayz and @hive folders both have an addons subfolder and THAT is where the pbo files are located. Just want to emphasize this because I have made that mistake several times when unzipping mods and forgot to put them in the addons subfolder. My server.cfg is in the config folder rather than cfgdayz. It doesnt matter you just have to put the correct path in your startup.bat file.
wx2HHPt.png

Here is my startup.bat file. its modified somewhat from what you have
Code:
@echo off
echo Starting MySQL database. Please wait 5-10 seconds.
start /D.\MySQL\ MySQL.bat
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
.\MySQL\cecho {0A}    OK.{07}
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Executing spawn script...
.\MySQL\bin\mysql.exe --user=dayz --password=dayz --host=127.0.0.1 --port=3306 --database=hivemind --execute="call pMain(1)"
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Starting server...
start .\arma2oaserver.exe -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;ca;@hive;@dayz -name=infected -config=config\dayz\dayz.cfg -cfg=config\dayz\basic.cfg -profiles=config\dayz
echo.
echo.
echo.
cho.
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
exit

And this sir .. is your meme of the day
5x7G1ak.jpg

ROFL!

Yes that is my meme of the day!

Well SB, you are truly a gentleman! You have been so patient and helpful. I am currently downloading versions 1.7.7.1 and 1.8.2 so that I may try them out. You have given me plenty of information now to help me through this setup with greater confidence.

One more question. Just to keep things tidy, I deleted and reinstalled Arma2 and Arma2:OA. I have just run both games to the point where I am searching for internet servers. I believe that is all that needs to be done prior to installing the DayZmod files, correct?

Anyhow, I will keep you informed of my progress. But once I get my server going, I will probably ask you for help in tweaking my server settings such as increase loot spawn rate, increase valuable loot spawn probability, etc.

Thanks once again.

AM

The games have to be run once because that is when Battleye is installed and it creates the configuration files.
I am not sure that the 1.7.7 would work with the pwnozors server pack because he has the database already configured and included and 1.7.7 used a different mysql schema than we are using now.
If you follow the steps exactly, it should at least get CLOSE to working. Let us know what happens, post your RPT log, server.cfg and start.bat file if you have trouble. Screenshots of the problem also.

I shall do so.

BTW, do I have to run on an online server with Arma2 and OA or is just looking for an online game sufficient. As I launched the games I saw that BattleEye was installed but I can't tell you if the config files were created.

Anyhow, I will have fun trying to get 1.8.2 to run.

One more question. I've reinstalled Arma2 and OA. I have run both of them online - found servers and played abit. When I copied over Arma2:OA, I noticed that there was no _DZC_Cache folder. Does this folder come with DayZ mod. I haven't added DayZ mod 1.8.2 yet. So I assume that this particular folder is found in that package.

Ok, the 1.8.2 package doesn't appear to have the SQL folder or include the .bat file. Can I snag those from the 1.8.1 package?

Thanks again.

AM

Last edited:
You only have to start them so they install battleye. The configuration files will be located in your "My documents" folder under Arma2 or Arma2 Other Profiles if you have changed your in-game profile name from the default. The default is the user logged into windows so on mine the Arma2 folder has the profile "frank" while the Arma2 Other Profiles has the profile "ShootingBlanks" . The only 'real' reason you will use these profile folders is if you start using the 3d editor.

The mysql and bat file are included in the pwnozors private server pack.
So to go over the steps here.
  1. make a folder called Dayz Server
  2. Copy your Arma2 folder into Dayz Server folder
  3. Copy your Arma2OA folder into Dayz Server folder
  4. Download the pwnozors private server pack and copy that into your Dayz Server folder
  5. DELETE the mpmissions folder
  6. Download the 1.8.2 @server files http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/1.8.2/ and copy the @dayz, @hive and MPMissions folders into your Dayz Server folder overwriting the existing @hive folder.
  7. Copy the @dayz folder into your steam client also to ensure you have the same version
  8. Edit the default @server_start.bat line to refer to ./arma2oaserver.exe instead of ./expansion/beta/arma2oaserver.exe
  9. Edit your cfgdayz/server.cfg file to change the mission you will be starting. We want to use the 1.8.2 mission which is named dayz_1337.chernarus instead of dayz_1.chernarus which was included with pwnozors (and we deleted)
    Code:
    class Missions
    {
        class DayZ 
        {
            template = dayz_1337.Chernarus;
            difficulty = "Regular";
        };
    };
Now if you looked at the pwnozors private server pack AND the dayz 1.8.2 that you downloaded you will notice that both have dll files in the root AND the hiveext.dll file in @hive folder. In the above setup we are using the pwnozors dll files which should work BUT if you experience issues where the server crashes or it gives you some errors about dll files then replace them all with those you downloaded in 1.8.2 (at this point they are probably identical though)

Thank you so much.

BTW, once the server is running, how do you launch DayZ?? Do you use Steam, DayZ Commander or another means?

AM

Ok,

I've followed the instructions and launched the server. Beautiful results. I then launched DayZmod using DayZ Commander. Looked for the Lan game. Found it and joined. Then we went through a bizarre startup, it didn't show the usual Waiting for Host as the game was minimized by an error stating that the wrong password was passed or something of the kind. I then realized that I had added a password to the server.cfg file for protection.
I then entered again, put in the password and got the Waiting for Host hangup message and then the "@dayz/addons/dayz_code/gui/description.hpp" message popped up.
So I checked for the existance of this file and NO I do not have it. I don't have any subdirectories within the @dayz/addons folder. It appears like I must follow the previous instructions and use the 1.8.3.

Take a look at the screenshot..... "https://www.dropbox.com/s/ang14apqslj72yd/FL1-8-2(20150202).bmp?dl=0".

Do you still want to see those files you requested??

A teamspeak session might be in order.......

AM

Last edited:
Here is my @START_SERVER.bat file "https://www.dropbox.com/s/keg4ruw85xkzj7f/@START_SERVER.bat?dl=0"

Here is my server.cfg file "https://www.dropbox.com/s/j298dte3037t19r/server.cfg?dl=0"

Here is the arma2oaserver.rpt file "https://www.dropbox.com/s/s767u7r5064w3wv/arma2oaserver.RPT?dl=0".

Let me know if you find anything strange, wrong, erroneous.

I might need a clean slate, delete the server directory and startover, or perhaps delete the @DayZ, @hive, MPMissions folders and @START_SERVER.bat from the server folder and install 1.8.3.

AM

i will be home in an hour or so and will look at my files. make sure you are using the same version files ... @dayz and mpmission

Back