Arma 3 AntiHax - Pastebin

Phenom

Came across this on pastebin, not sure whos it is but it looks like monkeys work for the most part.

Instructions:

Place the attached antihack.sqf in the root folder of your server

Add this to the bottom of init.sqf in your MPMissions file:

Code:
if (isServer) then {
    [] execVM "antihack.sqf";
} else {
    "AHAH" addPublicVariableEventHandler
{[] spawn (_this select 1);
};
    clientStarted = player;

publicVariableServer "clientStarted";
};

Attachments

• antihack.sqf
    6.2 KB · Views: 173
Yes it works but it's really not very good, easy to bypass so you'll have to modify it to suit.

I guess it's a start and will keep out most of the people that download/run scripts.

can't get this to work I guess, put the lines in my init, and put the .sqf in both the root of my mission files and my server, neither works

You need to modify it after the update, you should be able to work out what needs to be done easily enough just by reading the script.

I've spent the past two days redoing most of it, I don't know who put it together but it just looks like someones cut/pasted bits from other scripts like monkeys, tried to change it to make it look slightly different then screwed it up.

Perhaps you could PM me, your response was a bit vague. Also besides classnames what would have to be modified after the update? Could you perhaps provide me with your latest version?

You'd want to remove this... to at least get it working after the recent update.

Code:
waitUntil {
    !(isNil "BIS_initMultiplayer_initServer")
};

You'd likely want to clean up the stuff that's not applicable, fix up the errors in the logging, directory scanning to actually scan and kick people instead of just the prompt that it has scanned, add to the directories scanned and the global vars.

In the client init.sqf you'd want to add the following.

Code:
"AHAH" addPublicVariableEventHandler
{
    diag_log "Antihack starting!";
    [] spawn ((_this select 1));
};

and

clientStarted = player;
publicVariableServer "clientStarted";

Appreciate that this will catch the majority of the people that download scripts and run them, it won't stop someone from bypassing this that knows what they are doing.

This is still extremely vague. I'm not stupid, and got it to work, but for many your advice will be found confusing. I recommend rewriting this in a structured manner that actually makes sense.

If you got it to work then why are you messaging me asking for my version? you can always post your working version for others to use a long with detailed instructions on how to implement it...

My point is, other people see this post thinking you provided some relevant information, you also posted it as if you were doing a server, by not sharing what you have found or at least following up with fixes is a disservice. Why share the initial post if you have no intentions of helping or at least providing a few tips to others?

You tell me to post my working version along with detailed instructions.
yet
You you post your initial [non-working version] with extremely vague instructions.

The initial version worked, albeit with a few bugs. Arma 3 is an alpha release and when they release updates it has the potential to break things.

I then updated the post with the modifications required to get it working again. I will repost that, remove the following code from the attached sqf file.

Code:
waitUntil {
    !(isNil "BIS_initMultiplayer_initServer")
};

At the very least the scan on the global variables will work, which is what will catch most people who download scripts and run them, aka script kiddies, sure it won't log the detections but that's beside the point.

So now that we've confirmed the script works, and updates were provided to get it working once again, where's your version?

Perhaps pay nfoservers a bit more $$ to fix it up for you?

"Perhaps pay nfoservers a bit more $$ to fix it up for you?"

Yeahhhhhh I pay for a few UNMANAGED VPS'. NFO doesn't actually support me in anyway. I pay them for my VPS' and nothing else. Where you got this idea is beyond me. I take offence to that statement as I put in quite a bit of time and effort into running my servers and I build most everything from the ground up.

Here is my current version.
http://pastebin.com/yQSDzPYg

btw little comments like that aren't going to get you anywhere it's snide and extremely rude.

I am however greatful that you had posted the initial thread and sqf, that however is where my appreciation ends.

I made the original version of this btw. Seems like somebody removed all references to my name in it..

I made the original version of this btw. Seems like somebody removed all references to my name in it..
It's sad that people feel the name to remove other peoples credits, It only puts coders off releasing their work publically and it would piss me right off.

I am however familier with your name AWA and i belive you :)
Are you still supporting this ? i'd love to use it on my A3 server

I actually thought it was someone that took monkeys work and tried to get it working in Arma 3, there's definitely his code in there.

Ebay, take the attached script, and make your own modified version, modify the variables, add in additional directory/global var scans, just visit the cheat forums to obtain up to date lists. Your own personal version is going to be less likely to get bypassed than a publicly released version that is going to be bypassed in next to no time.

Almost all of the players caught cheating on my instance are caught through the basic directory scan (this part is 100% monkeys work btw) as most of them just download and run the scripts. Changing the directory structure means changing a bunch of references in the scripts so most tend not to do it, or even know how, so they leave the folder structure the same.

The few that do get through get detected by the variable scan, that's been about two players so far....

Has anyone updated this recently? Been working like a charm for 2 weeks now. Had my first attack since then tonight.

I made the orginal orginal version this btw. Seems like somebody removed all references to my name in it.

(see what I did ?)

Back