Armed Land Vehicle Patrols don't shoot (No ammo)

m1cr0man

Hi all

I'm wondering if it is possible to add ammo to the weapons of armed land vehicle patrols. I noticed they didn't have ammo after the gunner of an M2 HMMVW I had added just stared at me and didn't shoot. I unlocked the car with Admin Menu and saw that the gun had no ammo in it.
Looking at the source code, I see nothing obviously wrong myself. I even compared it to the vehicle patrols WAI adds to its missions (which, of course, do have ammo), but I can't see anything that was clearly making them work. I also tried some other armed vehicles (M240 HMMVW, M2 Military OffRoad), none of which had ammo either, confirming its not just specific to that one vehicle.

Please note that heli patrols are still perfect. This is an OverPoch server and I have added custom loot tables and trader configs, if that makes any different. As mentioned, I've got WAI on this too, along with animated crash spawner (Which is awesome because DZAI shoot at them!) and a lot of client side scripts (including DZAI client).

There is literally nothing but info (0 warnings/errors) in the logs. Here is some of DZAI's logging anyway:
Code:
19:17:43 "[DZAI] Initializing DZAI version 2.1.2 Release Build 08232014 using base path z\addons\dayz_server\DZAI."
19:17:43 "[DZAI] Reading DZAI configuration file."
19:17:43 "[DZAI] DZAI configuration file loaded."
19:17:43 "[DZAI] Compiling DZAI functions."
19:17:47 "[DZAI] DZAI functions compiled."
19:17:47 "[DZAI] Epoch classnames loaded."
19:17:48 "[DZAI] DZAI settings: Debug Level: 0. DebugMarkers: false. WorldName: chernarus. ModName: epoch (Ver: 1.0.5.1). DZAI_dynamicWeaponList: true. VerifyTables: true."
19:17:48 "[DZAI] AI spawn settings: Static: true. Dynamic: true. Air: true. Land: true."
19:17:48 "[DZAI] AI settings: DZAI_findKiller: true. DZAI_useHealthSystem: true. DZAI_weaponNoise: true. DZAI_zombieEnemy: true."
19:17:48 "[DZAI] DZAI loading completed in 4.843 seconds."

19:18:51 "[DZAI] Verified 312 unique classnames in 0.957977 seconds."

19:23:54 "DZAI Monitor :: Server Uptime: [0d 0h 10m 10s]. Active AI Groups: 13."
19:23:54 "DZAI Monitor :: Static Spawns: 0. Respawn Queue: 0 groups queued."
19:23:54 "DZAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 0. Air Patrols: 7. Land Patrols: 6."

If you're not using the _DZE vehicles then the gunner should already have ammo. DZAI has a 3 minute cooldown between ammo reloads so there will be a time window where the gunner won't be reloaded again immediately after a previous reload.

I've just done a script testing in the 3D editor with ammo reloading and couldn't replicate this issue.

If you're not using the _DZE vehicles then the gunner should already have ammo. DZAI has a 3 minute cooldown between ammo reloads so there will be a time window where the gunner won't be reloaded again immediately after a previous reload.

I've just done a script testing in the 3D editor with ammo reloading and couldn't replicate this issue.
Thanks for the quick reply! Using non DZE vehicles appears to have fixed it. :D I believe I was using the DZE M2 hummer, which would explain the problems.

By the way, DZAI are amazing stunt drivers. Setup a ramp on a tarmac road and observe the chaos from afar. :D
Ynu2a3l.jpg

Back