Battleye Extended Controls

Wannab007

Has anyone got BEC to work with reality? I haven't tried to install it yet, was just looking for some info on how to get it set up with reality.

i installed it but since im running on a linux box with wine, BEC and wine dont like each other, something about how bec draws its console window, the error i get is mode con is no an executable or script or something of that nature, when i googled mode con the arguments are line and col which are also adjustable in the bec config, but doesnt work with wine for some reason. the only problem ive found is when i try to run my restart script after server shutdown in my scheduler, it doesnt want to issue that command (and yes the scheduler is made correctly i tested it on windows)

what distro are you using and with what version of wine? im getting errors with debian squeeze and the lastest version of wine i got from source, but it was doing the same thing with the last version of wine that i was running

Debian Linux 6.0
wine-1.5.19
BEC 1.498 (worked with the 2 previous versions too - havent tested the earlier ones)

do you have a gui installed too?
if yes then test it on the gui... to make sure everything is configured right
i have installed xvfb too to get my dayz servers running directly from the console without any gui (also a start with webinterface is possible easy this way)
but BEC runs without xvfb just with wine...

what wine extensions did you install so far?
with winetricks etc...

EDIT: my winetricks.log shows me all extensions which have been installed so far...
Code:
volnum
vcrun2005
corefonts
dotnet20
fontfix
physx
d3dx9
dsound
xact
d3dx10
d3dx11_42
d3dx11_43
d3dxof
mfc42
vcrun2008
d3dx9_43
comctl32
comdlg32ocx
vcrun2010
w_workaround_wine_bug-23427
msxml3
dotnet30
vcrun2010
dotnet40

i can run MW3 dedicated server or homefront server too with this wine configuration...

i dont have a gui installed im using xfb also, il have to check winetricks i dont think i have everything you have

i check and installed the same ddls as you have and im still getting the same error

cant recognize 'mode con lines=55 col=110' as an internal or external command or batch script, without this bec cannot draw its console window, ive tried clearing my wine prefix and starting over, not sure what else to do

just to reiterate, my wine version is 1.5.31

google says nothing on this one...
maybe posting it in the wine forums and see what they know...

yeh ive googled it also, cant find anything, il probably just try to recompile wine and make sure i have all the dependencies and try again

if that fails then il post on the wine forums

Back