Bliss forums closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

beowolfschaefer

Staff member
Ayan4m1 the main dev for Bliss hive has announced here that he will be closing the Bliss forums. He has suggested that users move over here, which should be agreat step towards consolidating the community.

I was thinking that to help with tis transition we should probably add a Bliss section to the private servers area so that users can start moving Bliss related content over here.

What do you guys think?

I second this. the forums where usefull to talk to other bliss users (aside from using irc) :)
imho it will be missed

Yep Ayan4m1 got in touch and we will have a bliss section, just need to work out the layout with him (proberbly the same as pwnoz0rs).

So what does this mean for Bliss?
Is Ayan4M1 going to spend less time developing it, or more?
What about the servers that are running Bliss? 1.7.3 is out now, so when will Bliss be made compatible?

Although I like the idea of a consolidated forum/site to support all the DayZ mod branches, it's also unlikely the other developers will use this site as their main forum. It's just the way of things. Mostly they'll want their own site/forums to control and play with, and not want to 'compete' against other devs in an open forum they have no control over.

As big as Dayzmod.com is, if Rocket turns his back on it and starts a forum at DayZGame.com for example, how soon do you think before everyone leaves dayzmod.com in droves? The players will follow wherever the devs go, not other way around :(

No change

Nope. He will be just as active as before.

What about the servers that are running Bliss? 1.7.3 is out now, so when will Bliss be made compatible?

Already is, just us map guys that our behind in porting.

Although I like the idea of a consolidated forum/site to support all the DayZ mod branches, it's also unlikely the other developers will use this site as their main forum. It's just the way of things. Mostly they'll want their own site/forums to control and play with, and not want to 'compete' against other devs in an open forum they have no control over.

We all did ok on tunngle.net, in fact we grew so much we came here. There are also plenty of devs who don't hang out here, but why should that be an issue?

As big as Dayzmod.com is, if Rocket turns his back on it and starts a forum at DayZGame.com for example, how soon do you think before everyone leaves dayzmod.com in droves? The players will follow wherever the devs go, not other way around

I can't really comment on that.

All it is, is that Ayan4M1 got tired of dealing with forum spam all day and wanted to free up time to work on whats important (Bliss). So he came over here.

As big as Dayzmod.com is, if Rocket turns his back on it and starts a forum at DayZGame.com for example, how soon do you think before everyone leaves dayzmod.com in droves? The players will follow wherever the devs go, not other way around :(
Its a damn shame.

I liked Ayan4m1's forums and I'll now just be following his git-hub for updates like a lot of the members.

Won't be joining here and will be closing this account after this post.

Cya at Git-hub:)

Its a damn shame.

I liked Ayan4m1's forums and I'll now just be following his git-hub for updates like a lot of the members.

Won't be joining here and will be closing this account after this post.

Cya at Git-hub:)

Why close your account? Is there something you don't like / agree with? If so let us know, you might have made a valid observation. If its just a protest statement, well there is not a lot we can do really.

As for Ayan4m1, he is just madly busy, you only need to hang around in his IRC channel to see its relentless, he just does not have the time anymore to maintain the forum. He approached us and said could he set up home here, there was not much more to it than that.

Freeborne, did you think of sending him a PM yourself to ask? It would have required half the effort that has gone into this thread so far.

I contacted ayan and asked him to come in here and comment on what his plans are.

Freeborne, I do not have customers. I do not have time to post over and over on forums nor check them - as it is my GitHub issue list and IRC support consume 70% of my Bliss time and that should all be spent on development in an ideal world.

I would like to move users over here because I do not have the time or energy to maintain a forum community and it seems that this is a good place to consolidate our efforts. A single Bliss Support subforum would be ideal but I don't have any particular expectations.

I appreciate the support I have seen across the DayZ community. As shinkicker has explained I do not have time to moderate a forum (barely enough time to work on Bliss itself) so I need to consolidate my efforts. Partnering with this community is a win-win in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back