Can anyone help me with installing "Admin Tools" Please?

annihilatorhd

Hey guys, i'ma put this straight, i'm not the most experienced in server management but I found this tool on here called dayz admin tools and I would love to get it running on my server, only problem is I honestly don't have a clue how? I've tried but I have no idea what the instructions means. Could anyone please explain it to me in simple steps? Or if you know of any videos I would appreciate it as I could not find any:/ Thanks in advance!

I'll go ahead and make a guide for getting acquainted with the DayZ files, along with Arma's mission engine.
I will shoot you a message with a link when it's finished.

A link to a resource thread is in my signature, if you're interested.

I'll go ahead and make a guide for getting acquainted with the DayZ files, along with Arma's mission engine.

Honestly a few months ago... I didn't know what a PBO was, never edited anything like this in my life.. and was entirely clueless about the DB... It took significantly longer when I started doing this than it would now with all the material available... But one well structured guide on "How to customize your server for the new guy" would REALLY go a long way ... I've noticed tons of threads asking for help or getting stumped on beginner things that they could be easily shown in a great little tutorial with examples and such.

Probably start with what PBO files are. Where they are located. How to open them / with what, looking at the default content of a PBO and comprehending which file does what (Something basic like... Here's the Mission PBO. This is where Sensors go, etc) How to comment things out rather than delete them.. Perhaps a few organizational tips for both their files and within them. Explain the mechanics of the init.sqf and how writing the file pathways correctly is .. rather important. And one of the most asked question is "where do I get that file".. and the response is usually "dayz_code"... Which stumps the newcomer even more because they didnt know where/how to actually get that file from their installed game and implement their custom changes.

I believe such things would cover all the general basics of what does what... Perhaps an explanation of .paa and .ogg and how to make them. As well as all the necessary tools like notepad++ and the language and compare addons for it.

I'm more than willing to help write a guide with simple tutorials, I myself know diddly squat on how to actually code... but in the past 3 months I believe I've learned enough to teach the very basics of how things function and how to implement the great work that has been done on these forums.

Hey I had a look at your tuts and you explain things very well, I will maybe be even following a few which will be amazing! Just cannot wait for you to put up the explanation on how to use the admin tools then I may move on to some of your other tuts! Thanks a lot for this, nice too see a person willing to help others with such detail!:D

Admin Tools NO tutorials on it.​

Hey I am having the same difficulty with this my server it is on Namalsk. I did all of you tutorials, like AI and all that good stuff, but it seems like I can't get this one right. When I join the server no scroll menu shows up. Plus I am invisible when I go into third person view. please help! -Thanks ethan588

Honestly a few months ago... I didn't know what a PBO was, never edited anything like this in my life.. and was entirely clueless about the DB... It took significantly longer when I started doing this than it would now with all the material available... But one well structured guide on "How to customize your server for the new guy" would REALLY go a long way ... I've noticed tons of threads asking for help or getting stumped on beginner things that they could be easily shown in a great little tutorial with examples and such.

Probably start with what PBO files are. Where they are located. How to open them / with what, looking at the default content of a PBO and comprehending which file does what (Something basic like... Here's the Mission PBO. This is where Sensors go, etc) How to comment things out rather than delete them.. Perhaps a few organizational tips for both their files and within them. Explain the mechanics of the init.sqf and how writing the file pathways correctly is .. rather important. And one of the most asked question is "where do I get that file".. and the response is usually "dayz_code"... Which stumps the newcomer even more because they didnt know where/how to actually get that file from their installed game and implement their custom changes.

I believe such things would cover all the general basics of what does what... Perhaps an explanation of .paa and .ogg and how to make them. As well as all the necessary tools like notepad++ and the language and compare addons for it.

I'm more than willing to help write a guide with simple tutorials, I myself know diddly squat on how to actually code... but in the past 3 months I believe I've learned enough to teach the very basics of how things function and how to implement the great work that has been done on these forums.

^This. I've had my server for months and im still feeling my way around. Just getting the hang of PBO's and Databases.
A basic guide would go a long way.

Back