Change number of inventory slots in a vehicle?

Retsam_Evals

I have been trying on and off for a few weeks to add files and edits to my mission file to change the capacity of vehicles. I don't care if it changes a Dayz vehicle or if I have to create a custom class (seen this referenced on reddit for the C130).

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/commen...bo/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I was not able to do anything with the above link myself.

The only way I have gotten this working is by editing the files client side and turning off signature checking. I don't want everyone who connects to have to download my modded Dayz files a head of time.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? For vehicles or tents? Any help what so ever will be greatly appreciated.

I tried loading config.cpp from dayz_code.pbo by placing it in the mission file and editing init.sqf. The game failed to run with an error of not being able to find "Configs\basicDefines.hpp". Which is the first file it tries to load. After I moved the entire Configs folder from dayz_code.pbo and the server loaded without issue. I had "UH1H.hpp" edited for more inventory but dayz still used the client side version.

this is exactly my problem right now, i have been searching and searching but cannot find an answer. if anyone is willing to help out i would greatly appreciate it

more specifically i need to know if there is a way to tell the server to use the server side file instead of our client side file

You can load files into your mission, that is then downloaded and used when your players connect to your server.

You then need to load in, or include, any files your want to be used instead of the defaults. No need to include them all, just the ones you want to modify. It also looks like you need to look at your relative paths as you shouldnt need to copy your entire configs folder over if these are set up correctly

How could I show the capacity of the vehicles in the player's inventory when you enter the "gear" (inventory) of the vehicle in question?

Back