Change weather server side.

I haven't noticed any issues, have taken it off for now, would like to add it to the weather cycle. Maybe only allowing snow at certain times and on random would do for now.

Hi man! Did u manage to set the snow only at certain times? Thx to this forum i have snow/fog setup in my server, but i'm interested in disable snow/fog sometimes.

The snow is a particle effect, which shows as it is still visible when inside a house.

Switching it off, in code, when you are within so many metres of a house or at certain times is certainly doable..

Ok. Teach us/me how to do it. I'm sure there's a lot of server admins there with the same problem. I'm no pro scripting, started this thing few weeks ago. If it's to complicated then at least can you tell me how to decrease fog level, coz now it's almost impossible to fly a heli with the snow/fog effect. I can also pm you my skype/ts if u have time to talk, but i'm sure you are also a busy person. Thx a lot for the great posts, and for the help.
Sugestion: can u make a list with all the scripts/addons that we can add to our public hive servers? That would be awesome. Thx again axe!

Weather is something I haven't really looked into beyond trying to detect thunder to create power failures.

A good place to start is @DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code\external\DRN_ReadMe.txt

I need the server to have the storm effect with lightning. how does someone do this with this script? It doesnt have an option for lightning storm no rain

I need the server to have the storm effect with lightning. how does someone do this with this script? It doesnt have an option for lightning storm no rain

based on the DRN_ReadMe.txt i am trying to figure out how to lower the intensity and frequency of the rain. A lot of the players get cold feet :p
How can i leave everything at random but without tweaking the overcast to just have smaller frequency and intensity for rain ?

i got it to work great with the help of everyone in the comments and such (and the original post) but the issue i run into is that infistar doesnt like the changes, would i need to change anything in infistar for it to work with it?

Back