Collection of cool colour corrections

this is not necessarily true.

for example, I tried to add a FOG script to my server, and it turns out you need a high end PC to run the correct settings in order to SEE the fog script.

so you can have players on low settings with the tactical advantage, because they see no fog!

so its a moot point to say try and see....screen shots anyone?

People have been asking for pics. I have several but not all.

Clear Contrast [best one imo, blue's are beautiful]

20s8thy.jpg

Tropical

prh4o.jpg

Sandy

2gv3ask.jpg

Summer

35i5402.jpg

Wasteland

142r1hx.jpg

Africa

2rpcxhy.jpg

Blue

30kan34.jpg

That's it. I'll try and get some grabs of the rest.

I'm also modifying the Clear Contrast one, turning up the green a bit. If I can get the green as vivid as the blue...it'll look tight.

doesnt work.... dose a certain setting need to be set in video settings to SEE the effects?

Its the simplest script on the site and it works. Read all 5 pages of posts and you'll find your error. You should feel lucky its only 5 pages and not 60 pages like the Sarge Public release was.

Pro-tip: When an installing a new script, read all the pages before installation.

I already know what you did wrong, but I'm not going to say anything because someone else addressed it on another page. See, if I repeat whats on another page that means the other page is now obsolete, thus making my answer obsolete as well. This is a repetitive phenomenon on this forum and it hurts people that have serious questions that go unanswered.

You asked for screenshots, I gave you them. You asked what this script does when someone actually went through the work of making a video and posting it for the board to see in this very thread. How did you miss it? Maybe you didn't bother to look?

Do you know how long it took to take those screenshots? I tested and sampled them on my own accord initially, but I still shared the fruit of a time consuming labor so others wouldn't have to.

These sort of inquiries create more problems than they fix.

well maybe the OP can update the instructions.

for example, he says to post this code

Use
Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "fixes\effects.sqf";
};
Instead of

but he did NOT say where to paste it.

so its very vague so if u know why its not working, do you really know? not giving instructions could be a nightmare for someone who does NOT know

he did NOT say where to paste it.

so its very vague so if u know why its not working, do you really know? not giving instructions could be a nightmare for someone who does NOT know

Your incorrect, OP says exactly where to paste it.

Reiterating, reread the thread. Your not even reading a single post because I see your answer as plain as day.

Why wouldn't you read the entire thread? Your just reading the opening post and the github? Do you think all these posts are for show and there is ZERO information in them.

Your incorrect, OP says exactly where to paste it.

Reiterating, reread the thread. Your not even reading a single post because I see your answer as plain as day.

Why wouldn't you read the entire thread? Your just reading the opening post and the github? Do you think all these posts are for show and there is ZERO information in them.

This is a community forum so the more times it gets repeated the more clear it gets. if you dont like it then your not part of the community.

for example, he says to post this code

Use
Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "fixes\effects.sqf";
};
Instead of

but he did NOT say where to paste it.

to answer your question i have placed this code in my init.sqf (at the bottom)

Lads please lets help out others...this is not a forum to be an wise-ass. Again its community forum...remember that.

This is a community forum so the more times it gets repeated the more clear it gets. if you dont like it then your not part of the community.

Yeah, and the community spoke. Your wrong, the more times it gets repeated the bigger the page count gets and vital information gets lost as a result. It takes people more time to siphon through a 1000 pages of garbage to find the answer they need. Also, people are less likely to respond to serious questions because they get smothered by senseless inquiry.

I don't like it and I am a part of the community. I might not be releasing scripts, but if I see an opportunity to legit help someone, I will and have...e.g. in this very thread as well as several other threads. Your approach promotes laziness and its rubbish.

Lads please lets help out others...this is not a forum to be an wise-ass. Again its community forum...remember that.

What do you mean lads? Lads responded on page #1 post #5. If this guy would have spent 10 seconds reading the 1st page we wouldn't have this mess...and your promoting it? Think about what you say before you say it.

So, I was using Clear Contrast but the blues were much too high. Night time turns blue/purple, Hero shirt bleeds [on the shoulder], and for some reason whites turn blue. Actually, I used the Hero skin to get the blue just right and used the bleeding of the color on the right shoulder as a barometer. Once I got the blue I buffed the greens as well. This preset took a lot of time to get right. Also, I used Clear Contrast as my template. Here is a link I found that helped me sort it out...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?75528-ppEffect-collection

The below preset is my custom preset and the best one in the bunch if you just want to bring the color alive and not be dominated by any color in particular.

//Color Buff
_hndl = ppEffectCreate ["colorCorrections", 1501];
_hndl ppEffectEnable true;
_hndl ppEffectAdjust [ 1, 1, 0, [0, 0, 0, -0.31],[1.9, 2.5, 1.64, 0.7],[0.2, 0.1, -0.5, 1.64]];
_hndl ppEffectCommit 0;

Reiterating, only blue and green are buffed, I didn't touch the red due to time constraint. If you raise the above blue values even by a smidge it'll bleed, my preset is the threshold.

If you use this correction I would suggest using the No Fog script, makes it tastier imo.

Example...

No Color Correction

2nm8fa.jpg

With Color Buff

mkcfo2.jpg

Not sure how it happened, but yellows are brighter. Look at the book stand as well as the yellow stripe right above it on the ceiling. Also, there is some gold caps above white churches and those look smashing as well.

Hey guys,
can't get this running in DayZ Epoch (Server hosted by Nitrado.net).
On my old dedicated server on Celle, it was no problem but now I'm getting crazy.
Tried so much, but nothing works. Any Ideas ?

Would be cool to mimic the effects in DayZ Aftermath. I really like the feel of those colors they use at night!

EDIT: Just tried "wasteland". Very close :)

Does anyone know how I can edit the colour corrections that it will look like in Arma 3.
I would be very glad if anyone could tell me the code of it. :)

Here it is. I don't have time to play around with the dynamic feature. I think it could be done by just putting the ppEffectAdjust values into an array relating to the time (0 for morning, 1 for dawn, 2 for day, ... so on).
I had the date set in the video to June 3rd of 2012.
Example mission file (run in Arma 2: OA) is attached, it's what is shown in the video.

**I will try and make a dynamic version, but this will do for now
(I apologize for the utterly wretched quality, I recorded on half resolution)

Code:
//set time arrays: cycle = [begin, end] (measured in-between, so like 6, 6 would mean the hour of 6)
_morning = [0, 4];
_dawn = [5, 5];
_day = [6, 18];
_dusk = [19, 19];
_night = [20, 23];
//Create the color correction effect and enable it
_hndl = ppEffectCreate ["colorCorrections", 1501];
_hndl ppEffectEnable true;
//while loop, goes on forever
while {true} do {
    //get the hour in the server
    _hour = date select 3;
    //check against table, rest should be self-explanatory
    if (_hour >= (_morning select 0) && _hour <= (_morning select 1)) then {
        //Clear contrast
        _hndl ppEffectAdjust [ 1, 1, 0, [0, 0, 0, -0.31],[1.9, 1.9, 1.73, 0.7],[0.2, 1.1, -1.5, 1.64]];
        _hndl ppEffectCommit 0;
    };
    if (_hour >= (_dawn select 0) && _hour <= (_dawn select 1)) then {
        //Sandy
        _hndl ppEffectAdjust [ 1, 1, 0, [1.01, -2.46, -1.23, 0],[2.11, 1.6, 0.71, 0.8],[1.43, 0.56, 3.69, 0.31]];
        _hndl ppEffectCommit 0;
    };
    if (_hour >= (_day select 0) && _hour <= (_day select 1)) then {
        //Wasteland
        _hndl ppEffectAdjust [1, 1, 0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.8*2, 0.5*2, 0.0, 0.7], [0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.0]];
        _hndl ppEffectCommit 0;
    };
    if (_hour >= (_dusk select 0) && _hour <= (_dusk select 1)) then {
        //Heavy Colour Correction
        _hndl ppEffectAdjust [1, 1.04, -0.004, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [1, 0.8, 0.6, 0.5], [0.199, 0.587, 0.114, 0.0]];
        _hndl ppEffectCommit 0;
    };
    if (_hour >= (_night select 0) && _hour <= (_night select 1)) then{
        //Operation Flashpoint
        _hndl ppEffectAdjust [1,1,0,[0,0,0,0],[1,1,1.2,0.85],[1,1,-2.5,0]];
        _hndl ppEffectCommit 0;
    };
    //make sure the script checks every 5 minutes, could be increased (in second interval)
    sleep 300;
};

Useful Links:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10163
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Post_process_effects
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?75528-ppEffect-collection
http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=33485.0
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?97766-Colour-Correction&p=1608027&viewfull=1#post1608027

Thats a very nice Script, thank you!

We used this and we want to change some things..
I tryed many things but it doesn't function.. maybe someone can help me..
We want a 2 cycle system (Day 23-6 and night 6-23).
At night, we want this coloreffect from https://board.nitrado.net/support-d...er/dayz/49975/tut-eagle-wing-effecte-in-dayz/ this Script. It looks like wasteland.
And at the Day we want a "Summer effect" with nice colors.. like the Script from Site 5 from here.

Is that possible?

Greetings

Hey people I've just found the video and wonder how they have the color that?
Does ne idea how they did it with the colors???

Apparently, he speaks German...:S

Back