Conditional Self Actions Problem

PezDax

I’m having trouble with a script I’m working on, that will allow certain Self Actions (trading in this case) to be enabled, only when the player is in a certain place on the map.

I’m using a “dome” script in my mission.sqm file, to detect that the player is in the proper place to enable the self actions. Some lines of the dome script ...

name="dome";
expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""Trade\trade.sqf"";";
expDesactiv="terminate dome; canTrade = false; titleText [""You've left the dome"", ""PLAIN DOWN"", 3];";

When the player enters the dome the trade.sqf script runs ...

titleText ["You've entered the dome.","PLAIN DOWN"]; titleFadeOut 5;
canTrade = true;

In my fn_selfActions.sqf I have ...

if (canTrade) then {
- trade self actions are here -
}

The dome is working fine and I get the “You’ve entered the dome” and “You’ve left the dome” messages when testing.

The self action enabling is working fine and I can only access the trade self actions when I enter the dome.

What isn’t working is setting the global variable “canTrade” to “false” when the player exits the dome. When you exit the dome, the self actions are still enabled.

I try to set it to false in the dome script line ...
expDesactiv="terminate dome; canTrade = false; titleText [""You've left the dome"", ""PLAIN DOWN"", 3];";

But obviously, I’m doing something wrong J

How do I get the global variable “canTrade” set to “false” when a player exits the dome, so that the IF statement in my fn_selfActions.sqf will disable the trade self actions?

Thanks for any help.

** I figured it out, I needed to cancel the self actions :) **

Back