"Connecting Failed."?

Kilk428

So I am having a problem with my sever, it appears that I can not join to it, and neither can my friend who doesn't live to far away (See EDIT), but then my brother (who is on the same router that I am on) can join the sever without any problems at all. Whenever I join i get a loading screen and then it puts me back to the sever list with a message saying "Connecting Failed."

I am using MySQL Workbench for my database. I have 1.7.6 with the newest build (Though my sever says that it is running 1.6.2 and so does my sever launcher, though I believe that it normal,though it did cause me to not to required a specific build within my sever config. file because it wouldn't let me even try to join.). I have opened ports 2302-2305 UDP and TCP in my router and firewall. Also when I look at my sever in the list it says "Creating" and doesn't show the mission name. Still though my brother was capable of joining the sever just fine, I was even able to give him guns and move his character around the map to vehicles through my database (Just testing if it worked and how it worked.) I created my "Combined Operations" simply by moving the Addons folder from Arma2 over to a desktop folder already containing AO. Perl was installed some what correctly to my knowledge, it asked me where to install and I accidently hit H, but it still installs everything just fine. My computer is running on Windows 7 64bit and I have about 6GBs of ram. I've tried many different things to attempt to create a sever, and after the 8th try deleting and re-installing my folder and games, this is the farthest I have ever gotten with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Anything else you guys need to know about my system or how I set the sever up, please feel free to ask. Once again thank you guys! :)

EDIT: So apparently my friend says he can join, but once he gets past the "Player Lobby" his screen goes black and his name appears in one of the upper corners. Also I've opened ports 2074, 3074, 3310, 3306, 2306, 53, and 80 both UDP and TCP ( Heard it was suppose to help.)

EDIT: So apparently my friend says he can join, but once he gets past the "Player Lobby" his screen goes black and his name appears in one of the upper corners.

This is an Indicator that either the Server has started up with wrong mod parameters or your friend connects with wrong mod parameters. (if you use dayz commander most likely the server is misconfiguered).
You can also look at the servers RPT file to check for mission file errror!

As for your problem: I noticed some of my TS buddys where some of them play in LAN and they have sometimes issues connecting to the same server.

However, your primary resource for resolving Errors as a Serverhost should be checking the RPT file and the hiveExt.log (if its a DB problem, you will find answeres here!)

My HiveExt.log is for the most part empty, some of the older ones just say "Failed to connect to Mysql database" , "HiveExt: [Error] Error fetching created character for playerId 42432838", or "Database: [Error] Error 1045 (Access denied for user 'dayz'@'localhost' (using password: YES)) in connect,". But all of those problems I was able to fix myself.

Server.cfg is fine. Pretty much standard.

If your latest hiveext.log is missiong or empty, then it's not connecting to the db. Incorrect settings, old hiveext.dll, etc. Make sure everything is up to date file wise, and db is up to date.

You might want to try to pretty much copy your user permissions for dayz@localhost and create another user permissions for [email protected]

Others have had issues, and using both user permissions eliminates the chance of it being an issue.

Make sure both users have full permissions on.

Ok I did that and I still get stuck at "Waiting for host." I know the sever is working since my brother can join, it's just not working correctly. I still can't join, and my friend get's stuck on Authenticating, just pass the lobby screen.

You need port 2302 open or whatever port your game server is connected to + 5 for the voice communication and other stuff. So 2302 -2307 at the bare minimum.

Still getting stuck on "Waiting for Host" even with 2302-2307 opened in both my firewall and router.

EDIT: I do have a Skype, TeamSpeak, and a TeamViewer account for quicker communication/ visual instructions.

Back