Couple of questions from a newb - can't find vehicles

boywonder

Hey guys,

I've hosted game servers before but this DayZ stuff is new to me and pretty overwhelming. I've been reading a bunch for the last few days, setup a server, and have a few questions.

First - a general one. Only the server accesses the mySQL database, correct? I know nothing of mySQL other than it can be a security risk if its on a website. Your SQL database is not open to the public, correct?

Second - I am using pwnoz0rs package (the latest one I believe). I updated my @dayz folder to the latest one on dayz commander (1.7.6.1) by copying the file from my gaming PC to my server. When run the server, it shows up in dayz commander as 1.7.6. Does this matter? I can't seem to get it to change.

Third - Like many others, I can't find any vehicles. I have 53 items in "object_data", all created around the same time (when I first booted the server). The instance column is 1 on all of them. I checked the pMain() function and it seems like it has the older

"DECLARE sInstance VARCHAR(8) DEFAULT 391;"

which I will change when I get home. I'm suppose to change this to 'default 1;' correct?

Is the 'default 391' in the current repo, or am I somehow downloading an out-of-date version? This, coupled with the 1.7.6 error has me worried I've buggered something up between versions.

If my vehicles are in the object_data portion of the DB, with instance 1, is there any reason they wouldn't be spawned in the server? I guess, backing up, I should ask exactly what makes the vehicle spawn in the game? Does the game continually read the object_data table, or does it spawn vehicles once (on server start) based on what is in that table?

Sorry for the wall of text. I am new to the server admin side and have been trying to answer these questions myself but am at the end of my rope.

Back