Custom Loadout

Yorto

I am trying to add a gun and a map to the default loadout on my server. I opened my config.cpp and edited:

class CfgSurvival {
class Inventory {
class Default {
//weapons[] = {"Makarov"};
magazines[] = {"ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"};
weapons[] = {"ItemFlashlight"};
backpackWeapon = "";
backpack = "DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1";

Now, if I were to edit this and give my players a LeeEnfield, two rounds of ammo and a map (which I tried), where in the above should i put them?

Also, as I commented above...I did try to add the Enfield, when I did, I repacked the pbo and I get an error on player startup that "publicEH.sqf cannot be found". I do not understand what to do here.

I disabled "verifySignatures" set to 0 (zero) in the ServerConfig.cfg file.

Am I missing something?

Help is always greatly appreciated.

-Yorto

Here is the area of the Config.cpp file that I edited:

Code:
class CfgSurvival {
 class Inventory {
  class Default {
   weapons[] = {"LeeEnfield","ItemMap","ItemCompass"};
   magazines[] = {"10x_303","10x_303","ItemBandage","FoodCanBakedBeans","ItemSodaCoke"};
   //weapons[] = {"ItemFlashlight"};
   backpackWeapon = "";
   backpack = "DZ_CivilBackPack_Pack_EP1";
  };
 };
CODE]

Wait, is this working for Pwnzors build? I thought custom loadouts were unavailable with this build... If so, could you elaborate on how to do so? I don't recall having a config.cpp lol

I had one person log on. They got the Gear listed above. All others, aren't getting it. Doesn't make sense.

Yes, this is Pwnzors' build.

(Go to your Dayz Server main install folder. Go to your \DayZ Server\@DayZ\Addons folder. Find the file named...
"dayz_code.pbo" and extract the file. You will need a tool to do so. I used PBO Manager. Extract the dayz_code.pbo file and you will see config.cpp. Use Notepad++ to edit the file. Find the above string, and make your changes. Then edit your server.cfg file and set the "verifySignatures" to zero.)

Like i said, one (1) person got lucky and got the cutom load out. I dumped the server and truncated all the databases. When I went back in, the load out didn't work. The good news is, something did make it work. I just don't know what.

-Yorto

it works on my server. Add custom things at the end of the code.

Code:
class CfgSurvival {
    class Inventory {
        class Default {
            //weapons[] = {"Makarov"};
            magazines[] = {"ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","FoodSteakCooked","ItemSodaCoke",};
            weapons[] = {"ItemFlashlight","ItemCompass","ItemMap",};
            backpackWeapon = "";
            backpack = "DZ_Alice_Pack_EP1";
        };
    };

Update:
Strange working random...

i checked my database when a new player spawns:

at the beginning he had custom loadout in database
1 minute later is default loadout..? :&

Pretty much the only thing I can get to work properly without distributing files is the loot tables. Other than that, it seems it applies to your client only. IE I can spawn with a hatchet, but no one else does.

I also experimented with the Dawn/Dusk in variables, and it absolutely refuses to work. I also edited Food/Drink degredation rates, and the only person affected was me, the person with the edited files.

After all the hype of the standalone, the only thing I really want is server side control. He can keep dogs. o_O

If you edit your @DayZ folder, the changes will only ever be relevant to you as the code is executed on each person client side. This is why they have the @DayZ mod, otherwise nobody would need it. If you change anything in @DayZ relating to player variables, it will only be effective if the people have your version od the @DayZ code.

PS forgotten, does that mean you are running with verifysigs off? That's overly exploited with the notrees glitch etc etc.

Yeah Doc, I know about the notrees thing, but most of my players are on a whitelist, and I spectate VERY often to compensate for the loss of protection. I and my players consider it a good trade-off to get a better loot table with any extra guns I have spiced it up with.

Speaking of that loot table, I don't quite understand why sometimes it will obviously load the loot files from the client, but for other objects, it won't.

My example is for the crowbar. I have Weaponholder_Crowbar removed from all loot tables in config.cpp, and on top of that, I use a custom spawn_loot file loaded with the mission file with crowbar specfically removed and replaced. Instead, my players continue to find crowbars.

On the other hand, I have successfully removed and replaced all double barrel shotguns, with none spawning anywhere in months. And I have edited both military and military special loot tables, and they work for my players, who do not have those files, but apparently the server still uses them to check against for loot spawns.

I fail to see where the server decides wether it wants to accept the player loot file, or use it's own.

Back