day z editing problems

reggy

i am new to this kind of thing and i am wondering how i get my mission files from my server .pbo in my arma 2 editor. i downloaded my .pbo extracted it edited the script a little to add towing and want to test it out before uploading to my server. i have no idea where to place the files to make it show up as a map i can edit. any help appreciated!
cheers
reg

you would have to set up a server on your local pc in order to test out your changes. It isn't that difficult to do. Use the reality section at the top of the main forums and start reading :)

cheers for the swift reply :) i shall have a read of this and hopefully it will work last i read on having a virtual server style thing was using a virtual machine and 2 copies of aoa and dayz? expensive so i am hoping i do not need to do that one lol.
cheers again
and happy dayzing

i do have one other question. can i convert my database file into a file that i can edit in the map editor? or where would i place the file so i can see it in the editor as i find it a pain usind the script editing to place stuff

you don't need another license since only you will be accessing the server.

As for you second question, I don't believe there's a way to do that.

Back