dayz 1.8 error

dmustanger

My log is spammed with this and no one can join. Can someone help me here?

18:10:06 Error in expression <find _iClass;
_weights = dayz_CLChances select _index;
_cntWeights = count _weig>
18:10:06 Error position: <select _index;
_cntWeights = count _weig>
18:10:06 Error Zero divisor
18:10:06 File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\spawn_loot.sqf, line 31

well to get rid of the error do no tbuild with care packages or wrecks but im still not able to spawn in only error i have in rpt log now is "ERROR: Cannot Sync Character zoom zoom as no characterID"

and i always use the version number when i build the hive

Thanks indepth! Got it working,

in build.pl i changed:
Code:
$args{'serverversion'} = '1771' unless $args{'serverversion'};
To:
Code:
$args{'serverversion'} = '18' unless $args{'serverversion'};

and manually moved the PBOs over, thanks for the tip, looks all different now, i kinda like it.

Thanks indepth! Got it working,

in build.pl i changed:
Code:
$args{'serverversion'} = '1771' unless $args{'serverversion'};
To:
Code:
$args{'serverversion'} = '18' unless $args{'serverversion'};

and manually moved the PBOs over, thanks for the tip, looks all different now, i kinda like it.

That's much better than what I did! :) I was using commandline..
Do you have working custom building & custom loadout?

tried a vanilla install and still cant login. here is the full error.

"STARTING LOGIN: ["73046534",B 1-1-A:1 (zoom zoom) REMOTE]"
19:35:39 "LOGIN ATTEMPT: "73046534" zoom zoom"
19:35:39 "LOGIN LOADED: B 1-1-A:1 (zoom zoom) REMOTE Type: Survivor1_DZ"
19:35:51 "Player UID#73046534 CID#? PID#1(zoom zoom) as Survivor1_DZ, logged off at Wilderness [-187:-106]"
19:35:51 "ERROR: Cannot Sync Character zoom zoom as no characterID"

any ideas?

i used this: http://www.silentspy.net/p/dayz-mission-generator/ to generate the mission files, it seems there are mission files in the dayz_code.pbo in DayZ 1.8 and new variables so the generated files point to the new locations and set those missing variables. The reality builder doesn't seem to create the correct files. once i did that everything worked, now to figure out how to add the mods back into the init.sqf file and if i put the changes somehow in the generated init.sqf in MPMissions or in the dayz_code.pbo files under system/mission :p hope this helps.

What i did though is unPBO'd the dayz_code file, removed the system/mission folder, opened the three files and pasted their code into the respective files in the MPMissions matching files where they replace the "include" line the above files, effectively taking it out of dayz_code and making mods and addons function again. I do not know if that was proper, but hey... it worked ;)

Moving missions files, admin tools and Sarge AI are working just fine. Sorry for all the separate posts, I am kinda posting as I am moving along.

So no matter what I do I can't seem to get passed requesting authentication. Just loops logging in like 10 times then fails.

Don't build using the control panel, use the command prompt. Something like this:

Code:
perl build.pl --instance 1 --host localhost --user YOURUSER --pass YOURPASS --name dayz --port 3306 --dayzversion 1.8

For the retrying authentication and failure bit, is there anything in the RPT log saying what has failed. i know mine doesn't say Retrying authentication anymore, it says something different in 1.8. maybe theres some of the wrong files in there.

i used this: http://www.silentspy.net/p/dayz-mission-generator/ to generate the mission files, it seems there are mission files in the dayz_code.pbo in DayZ 1.8 and new variables so the generated files point to the new locations and set those missing variables. The reality builder doesn't seem to create the correct files. once i did that everything worked, now to figure out how to add the mods back into the init.sqf file and if i put the changes somehow in the generated init.sqf in MPMissions or in the dayz_code.pbo files under system/mission :p hope this helps.

tnx! Everything is working, debug monitor, self bloodbag, auto refuel, suicide and towing!
woot!

This perl crap is kicking my arse.....I've never used an installer like this before. I always put the files in manually. I can't get the installer to run. It keeps saying I need to install more perl stuff, like Carp. But I have no clue how to get it or install it...any help would be appreciated! I'm stuck!

Back