dayz 1.8 error

Have you guys got spawn selection working? Everything is working for me apart from that.

I have also noticed a strange thing, not sure if it is Reality related or in the mod, when I spawn in it is night time but if I tab out then go back in the screen flashes white then when it comes back it is daytime. If I disconnect and load back in it is night time again.

This perl crap is kicking my arse.....I've never used an installer like this before. I always put the files in manually. I can't get the installer to run. It keeps saying I need to install more perl stuff, like Carp. But I have no clue how to get it or install it...any help would be appreciated! I'm stuck!

Have you installed Strawberry? the 32bit version? If yes have you ran the Perl set up file? if no there is a .bat file in the reality directory called setup_perl double click that.

Tried that. I ran it once and it said it completed. Then I went to use the build.pl script and it said I needed to install Carp and DirCompare....and now I'm lost. The setup_perl will not run successfully again because...wait for it..I need to install Carp! lol!

Fixed it. I got it working on my PC and then transferred it to the server over RDP. I have no clue as to why it worked fine on my rig on not the server....but oh well....Thanks anyways! The good news is, I have server files and a working db if anybody needs them! Just send me a PM! At least it would be a start if you're struggling like I was.

Hey indepth, was wondering what script you were using for self bloodbag, my selfactions file that i was using for it conflicts with the "new" 1.8 selfactions, so it broke the vehicle repair and all the new options for 1.8. but when i update the bloodbag selfactions, it breaks. just wondering if you are using a different BB mod than i am.

And everything else on my server seems to be working great (minus bloodbag issue). seems to startup a lot faster and zeds aren't as dodgy when they run, so far a good update.

edit: i should add, the option is there, just nothing happens when selected.

mdswish, i have strawberry perl on my server (windows 08 R2) i had to install it by right clicking on it and selecting run as admin, same with the bat files. seems to have worked for me.

mdswish, i have strawberry perl on my server (windows 08 R2) i had to install it by right clicking on it and selecting run as admin, same with the bat files. seems to have worked for me.

This. Servers have a much higher level of security compared to normal desktop OS settings.

yep using that commandline got me actuall working files, but now i have the issue that i can select spawn locations eventho i set it to 1 in the init.sqf

yep using that commandline got me actuall working files, but now i have the issue that i can select spawn locations eventho i set it to 1 in the init.sqf

Did you make a slip while writing or did you really set it to 1? It needs to be 0 if you want to disable spawn selection.

Did you make a slip while writing or did you really set it to 1? It needs to be 0 if you want to disable spawn selection.

Think its a typo he means he can't select spawn, I think its not working for Reality right now regardless of init.sqf

that's a typo indeed, i'm using the genderselect hiveext.dll atm
that one enables spawn select screen ...

Back