DayZ Base Building 1.3 Discussion

That is exactly the issue Marc and I had. Marc switched to Dami's and says BB1.3 works out of the box with Dami's antihack. No configuration required.

I was told Infistar mailed out an update for his antihack, I suppose this is one of the fixes but I have not tested it yet.
i use damis AH his latest version and i still get this problem....weird

I will double check, but both Marc and Kflo use dami antihack and they never mentioned having to do anything for the base building.
I will double check with them about it.

Someone else has sent me a PM with the same issue, or very close to it.

See all those ANY's all over. That means the variables are not defined. The images are named the same as the class name you are building so to call the image they just put a .jpg at the end of the classname. So you have ANY.jpg and all the any's on the materials. Your arrays of items are all messed up.
I bet if you look in your log you have a bunch of errors about buildablearray. Did you edit anything? Check all the commas in your [ arrays ] of your build list.

Marc said he had to disable the cmd menu check. Other than that it worked. There is probably an option to keep it enabled and whitelist the menu.

Marc said he had to disable the cmd menu check. Other than that it worked. There is probably an option to keep it enabled and whitelist the menu.
yea i tryed removing the entire commanding menu check completly from the AH and still no help and b4 i did that i already had it disabled but still no luck any idea about what the other guy had to do?

EDIT SOLVED THIS PART BELOW- installed this it works until the build part, the button is always white even if i have the supplies to build the object.
i dont use BE , infinistar , i do have admin tools installed from another script. found here http://opendayz.net/threads/release-epoch-admin-tools.18591/
i had to disable the dialog.hpp for that mod because it had calls already in this one.

ALSO not to be nit-picky but nowhere in the thread, mod or instructions is it mentioned explicitly what you need to trigger the script to test , like beeing at a workbench or having stuff etc , might be helpfull to some, just a thought. or maybe i didnt read everything theres a damn lot to this one.

EDIT ! nevermind i see its related to my last comment , you need to have only the stuff required no other materials in your inventory to actually build.

Second problem is raising and lowering objects how is it done can it be done theres no option for it in the controls when building. when building on not perfect flat ground the objects start underground and cant be raised to level things until the preview stage can you only place objects on one "plain" or level with these buildings through the mod?.

also anyone else using the admin tools i am and able to help merge the dialog.hpp lines/file with the conflicting one from this mod.

also having problems with the num pad not working , i am going to try rebind them to more logical buttons for me anyways and report back.

LAST thing - is that other thread ( http://opendayz.net/threads/how-to-add-more-buildings-to-base-building-1-2.9584/ a operational way of adding changing the buildables/recipes for this , has anyone worked it out yet or have a change of files for additions , i really find the recipes way to simple, and not enough materials are required, making it way to easy, anyone else?

Last edited:
FIX TO REBINDS (aka a new set of rebinds i find logical

in your > dayz_code\init\ folder find the compiles.sqf , edited the last bit for building binds

replace current keybind for base building with the below code
Code:
    //Keybinds for Base Building
        _shiftState = _this select 2;
        //Elevate /* PgUp on arrow keypad */
        if ((_dikCode == 0xC9) && !_shiftState) then {
            DZ_BB_E = true;
            _handled = true;
        };
        //Lower /* PgDn on arrow keypad */
        if ((_dikCode == 0xD1) && !_shiftState) then {
            DZ_BB_L = true;
            _handled = true;
        };
        //Elevate small shift + /* PgUp on arrow keypad */
        if (_dikCode == 0xC9) then {
            DZ_BB_Es = true;
            _handled = true;
        };
        //Lower small shift + /* PgDn on arrow keypad */
        if (_dikCode == 0xD1) then {
            DZ_BB_Ls = true;
            _handled = true;
        };
        //Rotate Left sysrq/printscreen
        if ((_dikCode == 0xB7) && !_shiftState) then {
            DZ_BB_Rl = true;
            _handled = true;
        };
        //Rotate Right Pause/Break
        if ((_dikCode == 0xC5) && !_shiftState) then {
            DZ_BB_Rr = true;
            _handled = true;
        };
        //Rotate Left Small Shift sysrq/printscreen
        if (_dikCode == 0xB7) then {
            DZ_BB_Rls = true;
            _handled = true;
        };
        //Rotate Right Small Shift + Pause/Break
        if (_dikCode == 0xC5) then {
            DZ_BB_Rrs = true;
            _handled = true;
        };
        //Push Away /* Scroll Lock */
        if (_dikCode == 0x46) then {
            DZ_BB_A = true;
            _handled = true;
        };
        //Pull Near /* Home on arrow keypad */
        if (_dikCode == 0xC7) then {
            DZ_BB_N = true;
            _handled = true;
        };
        //Move Left F11
        if (_dikCode == 0x57) then {
            DZ_BB_Le = true;
            _handled = true;
        };
        //Move Right F12
        if (_dikCode == 0x58) then {
            DZ_BB_Ri = true;
            _handled = true;
        };
        _handled
    };

also in doing this i answered one of my last post's questions about moving objects up and down , its not marked in the controls but is in the file ! hope this helps some people! now i have to figure out how to edit the control help panel when you build to show my changes... any help on that would be great (where to start looking) im new at this lol

Last edited:
Hi I'm a bit confused about the instructions provided. I'm upgrading from bb 1.2 to 1.3 - I'm reading the instructions but they seem to be instructions from scratch as if I had no bb installed previously. Is there a set of instructions for upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3 any where?

----- EDIT ----

I've followed the instructions and modified my bb 1.2 to 1.3 - I've finished with that but now I'm having an issue with the BE filters. The BE filters are in the old format and I'm not sure how to add them to the new format. Any help? :)

Last edited:
Hi I'm a bit confused about the instructions provided. I'm upgrading from bb 1.2 to 1.3 - I'm reading the instructions but they seem to be instructions from scratch as if I had no bb installed previously. Is there a set of instructions for upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3 any where?

----- EDIT ----

I've followed the instructions and modified my bb 1.2 to 1.3 - I've finished with that but now I'm having an issue with the BE filters. The BE filters are in the old format and I'm not sure how to add them to the new format. Any help? :)

your going to have to go through and replace almost all the chunks of code they insert anyways so yes you should go through the instructions step by step, the best thing to do is to go to the github and look for your specific arma/dayz flavour and use those files , they have one for 1.8 so your good to go.

Ok the base building 1.3 is working just fine. The only problem is the BE filters are not working. Can some one send me the latest BE filters for Base Building 1.3 please? The ones included in the file aren't working for me or I've added them wrong. I think they're in the old format of BE filters and haven't been updated for the new format.

Hey guys do you have a fix fir the nice shed in epoch. if you build a nice shed you can put stuff in it but after restart you cant take it out. I think its because the nice shed is in the build recipe. Any fix would be awesome ty.

i also got problems with all nice sheds no matter which system i build them in or when they were built old ones or new , epoch or mod ones cant access any gear .
The option looks like its popping up for a second and disappearing in the new ones
the old ones or epoch ones the gear can be accessed but you cant move anything out.
anyone else ? any ideas ? any fix?

Last edited:
Can I ask how you guys have got this working with the BE filters?

-- EDIT: Think I have it working now.. Just can't figure out what the dayz item code is for string to test out whether this is all working or not.

Last edited:
Have a problem might of missed a piece of code.
Running EPoch Cherno
I placed a flag down and it despawns after I place it.
I added the buildables to the allowed objects.
The flag stayed after that but no options on the flag and the base guards killed me.

Any way of adding base guards to DZAI?
Not really.. you can set static ai with DZAI but they will patrol an area, they wont stay put like SARGE ai used to.. they weren't really designed for that. But just search the DZAI threads there are instructions on setting static ai, it's not hard.

I don't want to discuss commercial services here, but does anyone have this working with infiSTAR? Im not even going to attempt this until Ive heard that its working.

This is really frustrating. Does ANY ONE have the BE filters working for this? I keep getting kicked when placing a flag. ;(

Back