DayZ Base Building 1.3 Discussion

The posts I made earlier are for non flag building. So basically 1.2 with all the 1.3 features. I will put up the files I use now but I gotta get some sleep first :p

I basically have the BB1.3 on Dayz-1.8.2 with flagpole only had to shuffle a few things in the server files
due to altered lines
And for removal i looked in remove.sqf (dayz_code) and found that its bit diff to the 1.8.0.3

PVDZ_obj_Destroy = [_objectID,_objectUID];
publicVariableServer "PVDZ_obj_Destroy";

Old 1803
PVDZ_obj_Delete = [_objectID,_objectUID];
publicVariableServer "PVDZ_obj_Delete";

so we replaced this 2 times in player_remove.sqf
PVDZ_obj_Destroy = [_objectID,_authorizedOUID];

And it does remove it from date base if this is done in player_remove.sqf in the BB1.3 (mpmissions-part)
Tested it with 2 others and we couldend remove eachothers BBobjects just our own

Maybe its useable in other Dayz mods aswell

Last edited:
I basically have the BB1.3 on Dayz-1.8.2 with flagpole only had to shuffle a few things in the server files
due to altered lines
And for removal i looked in remove.sqf (dayz_code) and found that its bit diff to the 1.8.0.3

PVDZ_obj_Destroy = [_objectID,_objectUID];

Old 1803
PVDZ_obj_Delete = [_objectID,_objectUID];
publicVariableServer "PVDZ_obj_Delete";

so we replaced this 2 times in player_remove.sqf
PVDZ_obj_Destroy = [_objectID,_authorizedOUID];

And it does remove it from date base if this is done in player_remove.sqf in the BB1.3 (mpmissions-part)
Tested it with 2 others and we couldend remove eachothers BBobjects just our own

Maybe its useable in other Dayz mods aswell
hmm if we change PVDZ_obj_Destroy/PVDZ_obj_Delete to PVDZE_obj_Destroy/PVDZE_obj_Delete it will probably work for epoch :p

You may also need to look into BB13-dayz_code/actions/player_build.sqf , after update to 1.8.2 this was 1 off the major changes
I needed it to compare against the @Dayz-1.8.2/dayz_code.pbo/player_build.sqf , wich totaly is different to the Dayz-1803
Same for the server files and fn_selfactions
So infopanels & roofs work as ownership , but as said again its only for Dayz-1.8.2 , other mods may express different results ( o_O)

You may also need to look into BB13-dayz_code/actions/player_build.sqf , after update to 1.8.2 this was 1 off the major changes
I needed it to compare against the @Dayz-1.8.2/dayz_code.pbo/player_build.sqf , wich totaly is different to the Dayz-1803
Same for the server files and fn_selfactions
So infopanels & roofs work as ownership , but as said again its only for Dayz-1.8.2 , other mods may express different results ( o_O)
yer ill have carefully modify player_build as i also use plotpole4life+vector+snap+admin build :p

Now if i can get it merged in nicley with plotpole4life+vector+snap+admin build that would be something :p

Can I ask why you would want to use BB1.3 with epoch? Isn't the main feature of Epoch its build system?
Personally, I like the wasteland system and if I were to install one, that would be it. Go to the epoch trader and buy a building already created. Using the R3F logistics you place the building into your truck, go to your base and place the building.
FYI: I have run Epoch servers off and on for a year now but have never actually built anything because I find it so damn tedious .. but everyone else seems to rave about it.

Can I ask why you would want to use BB1.3 with epoch? Isn't the main feature of Epoch its build system?
Personally, I like the wasteland system and if I were to install one, that would be it. Go to the epoch trader and buy a building already created. Using the R3F logistics you place the building into your truck, go to your base and place the building.
FYI: I have run Epoch servers off and on for a year now but have never actually built anything because I find it so damn tedious .. but everyone else seems to rave about it.

personally i use Advanced Alchemy building, but i do like to try and get old outdated scripts working with the new builds and i like the gate system in BB 1.3 (i should really port that part out for other mods :p )

the current system is ok but is very time consuming and tedious i would love to see a mod that lets you add lumber/plywood/cinder/tanktraps etc to an item and it spits out "prefab building crates"

hmmm ideas are incoming!

lets call the item BUILDBOX (sawmill building looking good for this :p )

add X wood, X cinder, X scrap/tanktraps to BUILDBOX
right click for diff menus (Wood,Metal,Cinder)
choose to output item
each item has a base cost
EG: lumber costs 2 wood, prefab building costs 20 wood, etc
BUILDBOX consumes 2 wood from X wood
Player gets item in inventory
BUILDBOX still has X wood, X cinder, X scrap/tanktraps left to build more

ideas? improvements?

I ran in to some errors in the player rpt log that were spamming like crazy. Some all the time and others only when targeting vehicles. So here it is:

The first error i was noticing happened when the mod was trying to get the proper text setup for base build object text.
The fix was this:
fn_selfActions.sqf
Code:
if (_nearUntargetable) then {
            if (typeOf(_closestUntargetable) in _nettingNames) then {_displayName = "Netting";};
            if (typeOf(_closestUntargetable) in _castleNames) then {_displayName = "Castle";};
            if (typeOf(_closestUntargetable) in _heliPadNames) then {_displayName = "HeliPad";};
            if (typeOf(_closestUntargetable) in _roofNames) then {_displayName = "Roof";};
            if (typeOf(_closestUntargetable) in _buildingNames) then {_displayName = "Building";};
            if (typeOf(_closestUntargetable) == "Land_Ind_IlluminantTower") then {_displayName = "Tower";};
};

If you wrap all your _closestUntargetable lines you will no longer get client side rpt spam about the display names of buildable objects that are untargetable.

The second issue I was having is the admin display text and authorizedgatecodes.
The fix was:
fn_selfActions.sqf
Code:
_authorizedGateCodes = false;
    if (typeOf(cursorTarget) in _codePanels) then {
        _authorizedGateCodes = if ((_ownerID != "0") && (count _authorizedUID > 0)) then {((getPlayerUID player) in (_authorizedUID select 1));}; //Check it's not a map object/unbuilt object to avoid RPT spam
    };

If you set the variable _authorizedGateCodes = false; for the default, which we dont want anyone to access these right? You will effectively tell that action to fail to display since the person is not autorized by default. However by adding the wrap around _authorizedGateCodes on the next line we tell it to only try to change the default value of the target is a gate panel.

I hope this helps someone 8)

that being said, i am also working on a simple base building for epoch .. and dayz i guess (devs killed dayz with release of 1.8.3 i think).

end result of bases will be very similiar to this. finishing up my dzai modifications this week and working on the bb weekend

i said similiar ... and simple ... BB 1.3 is not simple, its complex and includes a lot of features. to do simple some features will be removed. i am making this for my own server because i hate epoch base building as too involved and tedious.
i prefer the wastland base building which is what i am stealing this from.

Yes I think I'll do the same. Actually, all I want from BB is the gate/infostand system, so I will code this by myself. BB is too painful to make it work on Epoch 1.0.5.1 and maybe too much features

Hello friends,

i've made basebuilding working properly on 1.8.3
The only thing, that drives me crazy is that the numpad isn't working.
Like elevating, rotating, pushing, etc..

Any ideas why?
Did you have this problem with earlier DayZ versions?

Funny thing is, DayZ 1.8.3 does not have a "dayz_spaceinterrupt" anymore. They prolly stored it in another sqf, but i am not sure about that... :-/

Back