DayZ Base Building 1.3 Discussion

Seaweeduck,

I want to add DomeTentStorage to my base building menu, and I did but there is the problem of the inventory. I notice when every base building object is built, it creates something like [["647771365200152"],["62917638"]], but does not add the [[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]] which is needed to tent inventories. I realize this is how you guys built the BB scripts, but is there a way to fix this for DomeStorageTent. maybe to where it does not add [["647771365200152"],["62917638"]], but instead the [[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]] ???

Seaweeduck,

I want to add DomeTentStorage to my base building menu, and I did but there is the problem of the inventory. I notice when every base building object is built, it creates something like [["647771365200152"],["62917638"]], but does not add the [[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]] which is needed to tent inventories. I realize this is how you guys built the BB scripts, but is there a way to fix this for DomeStorageTent. maybe to where it does not add [["647771365200152"],["62917638"]], but instead the [[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]] ???

For small and medium stashes as well.

Seaweeduck,

Dometents and stashes already work fine for me in 1.8 without any change. Guess its different in overwatch. The inventories for basebuilding items are stored differently to tent/vehicle inventories as you have seen. You will need to change server_publishObject and updateObject and probably server_monitor too if you want to try to add them that way. I don't have time to talk you through this if you cant figure it out yourself.

Yes, stashes and tents work normally, but if included with BB you have more control. Also, ItemDomeTents are not in my default loot tables, only ItemTents which do not show inventory space.

I see in server_publishObject.sqf where it adds it in the databe. Prob is I don't know what to do... It would be trial and error every time.

Would it be possible, and probably the easiest to just add [[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]] for every BB entry? So the ones that do have inventory access work.

Yes, stashes and tents work normally, but if included with BB you have more control. Also, ItemDomeTents are not in my default loot tables, only ItemTents which do not show inventory space.

I see in server_publishObject.sqf where it adds it in the databe. Prob is I don't know what to do... It would be trial and error every time.

Would it be possible, and probably the easiest to just add [[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]] for every BB entry? So the ones that do have inventory access work.

If you look at the update/publish server files you will see if statements like these which decide how the inventory format is stored

if (_object isKindOf "TrapItems") then {

if (typeOf(_object) in allbuildables_class) then {

The problem you have is that your tents need to be included in the final else statement for all non trap/non buildable items. But because you have added them to allbuldables_class so they are always going to use the same inventory system as all the other BB objects. You need something like this for basebuilding objects I'm guessing.

((typeOf(_object) in allbuildables_class) && (typeOf(_object) != 'DomeTentStorage'))

It''s pretty basic really though and I can't talk you through every single step good luck.

1.0.4.2 epoch, after intensive 2 day. No results.
Wait Hoster each time.
I have to delete and follow the instructions.
I even view the file mission.pbo other epoch 1.0.2.4 server to which it works.
without success. I continued my research.
Got problems too with epoch 1.02.4
i still get errors in the server_updateObject.sqf and server_monitor.sqf
Cant get thru .. gonna start over again from the beginning. Maby too many scripts :p

The real problem for me is:
There are two server.pbo
1 - (@ reality) with the file compiles/update_nearbyobject
2-(dayz epoch server) without file: update_nearbyobject, necessary for the installation of BB or AI Mission.

I have the impression of being the only one to have this problem of Update_nearbyobject.
For a week I search without any result, no mention on any forum.
I download server.pbo of Asian Kid and many others, why they use them that Reality.
And other uses of that epoch server without having the same problem as me.

To my former post, there was interference between admin tool and BB.
Hence the fact to your use of a new installation.

This should do well 60 hours I spent trying to solve this problem, and again without success.
Can we combine the two serveur.pbo or other?
With all these defeat since 3 weeks, so I decide to cancel my HFB server to work on my problem via my new personal server.

Please Help, I want play :(

Ok i got it....
Epoch 1.0.4.2 and BaseBuild 1.3 is running on my Testserver ....
all Functions of Epoch and all Functions of BB 1.3 working well.
I dont use Gates because Epoch has Modular Doors/and Garagedoors

Only ONE Problem left for me ....

this should be the part for allow building for player, but it doesnt work for me :(

Code:
check_publishobject = {
   private["_allowed","_object","_playername"];

_object = _this select 0;
   _playername = _this select 1;
   _allowed = false;

//if ((typeOf _object) in dayz_allowedObjects) then { //ersetzt durch Basebuild 1.3

//####----####----####---- Base Building 1.3 Start ----####----####----####
   if ((typeOf _object) in dayz_allowedObjects || (typeOf _object) in allbuildables_class) then {
       //diag_log format ["DEBUG: Object: %1 published by %2 is Safe",_object, _playername];
       _allowed = true;
   };
  _allowed
};

or am i wrong?

- InfiStar-Admintool (Nitrado Hoster) block normal Player to build the Flag and all other BB 1.3 Items, only Admins can build all Items.

Where should i insert the Basebuild Items to allow to build them? anyone a solution?
Admin-Tool block player to build, if im deactivate the tool all player can build ...
need a little help with this...

Last edited:
I am having the same issue with my anti hack and i am currently working on it. When i find the fix i will post it 8) other than that everything is working great.

Ok i got it....
Epoch 1.0.4.2 and BaseBuild 1.3 is running on my Testserver ....
all Functions of Epoch and all Functions of BB 1.3 working well.
I dont use Gates because Epoch has Modular Doors/and Garagedoors

Only ONE Problem left for me ....

this should be the part for allow building for player, but it doesnt work for me :(

Code:
check_publishobject = {
   private["_allowed","_object","_playername"];

_object = _this select 0;
   _playername = _this select 1;
   _allowed = false;

//if ((typeOf _object) in dayz_allowedObjects) then { //ersetzt durch Basebuild 1.3

//####----####----####---- Base Building 1.3 Start ----####----####----####
   if ((typeOf _object) in dayz_allowedObjects || (typeOf _object) in allbuildables_class) then {
       //diag_log format ["DEBUG: Object: %1 published by %2 is Safe",_object, _playername];
       _allowed = true;
   };
  _allowed
};

or am i wrong?

If you are not getting the mouse action for base build then i would check your selfactions file. That there just makes a variable to set the object in question to a saveable object, if im not mistaken. So that should only affect if the object gets published to the DB. I think anyway its kinda late :/[/quote]

i find that our players do in fact get the mouse wheel option for base build menu. The buttons enable when they have the mats needed. They click the button to build but when the menu disappears the object never seems to spawn and attach to them. So i would guess that this is a vehicle creation issue and not just a player action prob. I wonder if anyone knows what the difference is from 1.2 to this version since this was not an issue before.

i find that our players do in fact get the mouse wheel option for base build menu. The buttons enable when they have the mats needed. They click the button to build but when the menu disappears the object never seems to spawn and attach to them. So i would guess that this is a vehicle creation issue and not just a player action prob. I wonder if anyone knows what the difference is from 1.2 to this version since this was not an issue before.

yep thats the problem on my server too :(
it seems to be a create vehicle issue but i cant get it fixed....yet ....

to put the basebuild into dayz_allowedObjects (Variables.sqf) doesnt work...

Anyone who solved this problem?

i seem to be having another issue. I currently use DayZCC to host a DayZ 1.8.0.3 and my hivewrite will not save an array for some reason. It currently saves like this:

Code:
_key = format ["CHILD:308:%1:%2:%3:%4:%5:", dayz_instance, _class, _charID, _worldspace, _uid];

i had to change it to match the dayz cc format so it looks like this:

Code:
if (typeOf(_object) in allbuildables_class) then {
    _key = format ["CHILD:308:%1:%2:%3:%4:%5:%6:%7:", dayz_instance, _class, _charID, _worldspace, _uid , _inventory, _uid];
} else {
    _key = format ["CHILD:308:%1:%2:%3:%4:%5:", dayz_instance, _class, _charID, _worldspace, _uid];
};
_key call server_hiveWrite;

It just errors out and doesnt save when i use:

Code:
[[_uid],_inventory]

but it does save, only on restart all permissions tied to the flag pole seem to be lost, if i do this:

Code:
_uid,_inventory

im pretty sure this is just an issue with DayZCC but thought i would see if anyone else was trying this.

Nooo.. I was so happy when I saw that this was updated but then it needs changes in a non-existing file =/ damn you, update_nearbyObjects!

I have two probs with my mission after I added BB1.3, was wondering if you guys can help:

1. I had added OrdnanceBox_EP1 to the deployable table and placed them around the map. Worked perfect until I installed this. Now They are still in the table, but I can't see them in game.
I tried the newInstall_reality_basebuilding.sql and then I tried the updateInstall_reality_basebuilding.sql changing the three lines with "WHERE depolyable_id >= 8 and depolyable_id <= 8" since the Ordnance Box is id 8, but this didn't work either. Anyone know why this is and how I can fix it? I do have SQL dumps I can work with.

2. Since the install of this the Numpad camera 8, 4, and 2 don't work in vehicles. Any fix?

Server Info: My install is on an Overwatch 0.2.5 Server. It looks like Base Building 1.3 is working well with everything else.

have looked in the safe-objects of your variables.sqf/server_updateNearbyObjects/server_functions.sqf/server_playerSync and sever_Cleanup.fsm for the boxes?

For me now, BB1.3 works.
except
1- Several lines missing (ex:)
ca \ misc \ piskoviste.p3d: house, config class missing
2-Download the mission is very long (10min) before entering the game
3 - Problem with authentification and syncronisation of player.

I read post speaking: Sauerland BB1.3 is hard to operate.
If someone have a issue for one of this probleme, reply me please!

Some of my RPTfile before the game kick me:
(
14:20:46 "DEBUG: Too many at [3553.74,3589.4]"
14:20:46 "get: STRING (151963462), sent: STRING (151963462)"
14:20:46 "DISCONNECT: Alandro (151963462) Object: B 1-1-A:1 (Alandro) REMOTE, _characterID: 0 at loc [12548,-5866.6,1.52588e-005]"
14:20:46 "ERROR: Cannot Sync Character Alandro as no characterID"
14:20:47 Client: Remote object 2:11 not found
14:20:47 Client: Remote object 2:12 not found
14:20:47 Client: Remote object 2:13 not found

Back