Dayz Epoch cannot buy/sell off vendors(traders)

atro

I've recently just started up my epoch server. Everything's going pretty smoothly, except this 1 thing. The vendors.
The problem I'm experiencing with the traders/vendors is when I click "Trader menu" everything works fine, but no items show up.

12fd60a35adc0eeb98e40e4274b34b66

http://gyazo.com/12fd60a35adc0eeb98e40e4274b34b66 (link to picture)
In the image, it looks a little funny, but that's only because I made my game windowed in order to screenshot.
As you can see, none of the items load. I've been to every trader on the map, but they all do the same. (No items)

It'd be appreciated if I could get some help ASAP as i've been struggling with this for about 12 hours.
Im running this server off a linux based VPS if that helps

in your server_traders.sqf file (root of your mission folder), each trader has a list of 'items' that they will sell

menu_Woodlander1 = [
[["Building Supplies",508],["Toolbelt Items",510],["Vehicle Parts",509],["Money",700]],
[],
"neutral"

If you are using dze_configtraders then you will have a bunch of files that will have those items listed in them. For the above Building Supplies, 508 I have a file in my mission CfgServerTrader\config\Category\NeutralBuildingSupplies.hpp
which contains all the items
Code:
class Category_508 {
    class ItemSandbag {
        type = "trade_items";
        buy[] ={4000,"Coins"};
        sell[] ={2000,"Coins"};
    };
    class ItemTankTrap {
        type = "trade_items";
        buy[] ={600,"Coins"};
        sell[] ={150,"Coins"};
    };
    class ItemTentOld {
        type = "trade_items";
        buy[] ={1200,"Coins"};
        sell[] ={600,"Coins"};
    };
etc... etc... etc...

So you need to have these files IF you are using configbased traders which you probably are if you are using a single coin currency. The location will be different than mine as I moved mine around but just look around.

ON THE OTHER HAND. If you are NOT using configbased traders then the items must come from your database and you will have a table with all those classes and items. Check your mysql DB and see if those tables exist.

Ive looked through all the server_Trader, trader_data and what not, and everything seems to be populated, and existing

Well, I use the configbased traders as I find it easier to edit. But what you want to do is check if you are having DB errors. edit your hiveext.ini and set the logger = trace so that your hiveext.log file is written to. Then go to a trader and see if there is a DB error. It will show you what is requested and if it succeeds (passed).

Check your init.sqf and see if you have dze_configtraders = true; If you do then the server is looking for the trader info in your mission. If you want to use the DB then set it to false.

I am kind of an epoch noob myself, but just happened to be working on the traders today so have a little bit of insight into this .. not much, just a little, i am still ignorant about a lot of epoch.

I might try out configbased traders.
Could you send me a link, or guide me through it?
Will I also need to remove any files from my database? thanks

Well i've set up the config based trader, but now im getting a problem where my screens just black. but you can hear background noises.

Back