Dayz Epoch Cherno, Vilayer hosting. Need much help =_

Hello, I purchased a server from Vilayer to host a Dayz Epoch Server. I was wanting to do a Tavaina set up, but their easy install mods only supported Cherno, so I settled with that. I was under the impression that if I used Cherno, it would work. I was wrong. I guess their tools won't work with Epoch Cherno. I was told to come here by their support. My question is, is there anyone here that would be willing to help me set up a few mods on my server? I am reading this stuff and at the moment, getting a huge migraine. Been years since I've done any sort of coding and even then, I was never very good at it. I only want a few mods. Some of them the basics. I'll make a list. I would greatly appreciate any help if possible and I completely understand if no one is willing to.

Mods I want to have installed eventually
Self BB
Siphon Fuel
Scavenge Parts from Vehicles
Animated Crashes Heli and/or Plane
Remove Clothing from the dead
Sarge AI
Vehicle Towing
Missions if Possible, if not it's not a huge deal
A custom building mod, I think one is called Exodon? Something better than what is on Epoch by default.
And of course, great Admin tools so that my Admins and I can better help the players. TP players to me and myself to players. Kill, kick, ban. Map player/vehicle locations, God Mode, Stealth and any others that may come in handy for an Admin.
At the moment I admin for a great server and plan to stick with them. This is just kind of a side project for myself. I would ask the owner of the server I admin on, but that guy is so busy as it is, I don't want to bother him with this.
Anyways, if some of you could give me some advice, help or just negative feedback, I'll take anything.

I appreciate it very much, Thank you

Chester Cheetoz

Sweet. I would love the sarge AI and towing at least for now. Im reading these scripts and its giving me a migraine, probably all the stress going on around me, usually I can understand this stuff pretty quick, but for some reason it's not clicking yet

if your host sent you here, then its a crappy host, id check out hfbservers as i just got mine on saturday and it supported everything i needed with full ftp access and mysql.

id also look into getting asiankid server pack which is in the release section, it has everything you wanted except admin tools, but that isnt hard to install. get blue phoenix admin tools as those are the best in my opinion. as for kicks and bans you need to do that with your ingame admin, and i havent seen stealth on admin tools yet, but it does have a spectate mode.

hi, i have a server vilayer with all mod (more than your liste) and all is fonctional (and translate in FR ^^), i test lingor 1.15 and tavania 1.0 and all is ok too... i dont use vilayer install but my custom script so if you want some help MP me ;)

if your host sent you here, then its a crappy host, id check out hfbservers as i just got mine on saturday and it supported everything i needed with full ftp access and mysql.

id also look into getting asiankid server pack which is in the release section, it has everything you wanted except admin tools, but that isnt hard to install. get blue phoenix admin tools as those are the best in my opinion. as for kicks and bans you need to do that with your ingame admin, and i havent seen stealth on admin tools yet, but it does have a spectate mode.

I was actually looking into HFB before this one. Then I went to their FB page. So many unhappy people saying their customer service is terrible and what not. I just didn't want to risk it. I also did try AsianKids server pack, completely broke everything for me. I'm certain it was something I did, but I went with a fresh install, did everything it said to do and kept getting BE kicks. I went back to the outdated package. Most everything seems to work for me on there, minus a few small, but extremely irritating things

I may end up giving that a shot then. There were 2 script errors I kept getting, I think one was like 250's and the other was 171 I believe. Either way, I appreciate you guys taking the time to reply to me.

not a problem, the numbers they say is actually the line that needs to be edited, but remember it starts the count at 0 for these things and programs start at 1, so 171 would be 172. also any lines that are "//" in the front count in the program but dont count in the script, so it could end up being on line 175 if you had 3 of those // somewhere between the start and that line, so count those and add them to the line and you should get a fairly good idea of where it is.

then change the 5 to a 1 at the start of the line, 5 = kick if this happens, and 1 = log the action

I am looking for the same type of thing and vilayers not very helpful.

We have 2 servers and using one for testing (but thinking of moving at the end of this year), I tried HFBservers but got stuck on the payment redirection page for 30mins so sacked it in the end.

As well as having all the usual mod's to help I am trying to get the remove clothes one working but am thinking of sack it and looking to see if there are any pack's available which could do everything.

Any help would be grateful and if there any any pack's etc can you please post a link where to find them.

Thanks

Hi there ,

i have a vilayers Dayz epoch server , with map Taviana,
i must say its work greate ,
Vilayer support me where there can and what is allowed for them ,
i remind you to add other mods in your server ,
or new mods , that our problem and not that from vilayer
if you rent a game server from vilayer you can run your server normal , and good
but when you want to add new mods , we have to do that self ,

i work every day a few hours for my server to make it a good game server ,
and vilayer support taviana for epoch ,
i have it , only for players to play epoch taviana you has to download a file from a website from epoch him self ,
and chance someting in your dayz commander ,

for more information how to play
dayz epoch with map Taviana

take a look here

http://gr.ewoot.nl/index.php/forum/dayz

in this forum is the download link where to download the file
and a youtube movie ,
how to instal it all ,

and if you wanna try our game server . find in dayz Commander
Gamersreality.nl

greetings RExie

Yeh, they seem to be alright now it was just trying to get them to sort stuff at the time was a nightmare.

Just recently thought they have been good.

I had nothing but problems with them. I was opening support tickets almost daily for a while there. I think within 2 months I had about 30 support tickets. Most of them were caused by them. One time they had another server conflicting with mine, guess it was running on the same port and IP as mine. Also, they had a "Ghost" of a server running, draining resources from that machine causing all kinds of issues. Another issue was whenever my server would restart, it would go into UNKNOWN mode, not allowing me to do anything with the server until they did a manual reboot on their end. I had all sorts of issues, most if which had nothing to do with the Addons I was using. I have a 2ndserver from them, mirrored to my main server and that one always ran great. As soon as I asked them to move me to a new machine, I had no issues. Now Im on my 3rd week with no problem what so ever. I found out that a great way to get support from them was to open a ticket, then go on their TS. Most of my problem were caused by the machine they had me on, it just got frustrating that I had dealt with these problem for a few months. I hated Vilayer for a while there. My server grew fast and was maxing out my slots fast, I lost most of my players because they got tired of the server going down and having all these issues.. Now that Im on a new machine, things are great and and trying to rebuild now. Other than the issue with the machine, Vilayer isnt that bad. I think I just got unlucky with everything.

ohhhh Vilayer vilayer vilayer.. Ive only ever had them as a server provider so I Can't speak about other server providers... but sometimes their support sucks... I never used TS just emails... but now that I know more about what Im doing, I don't really even ask them for help on stuff. I think their biggest issues stem from the fact that they offer all of these addons via the control panel (Self blood bag etc.) but they don't support the mods and the install links are old and no longer function. I think the idea was a nice thought but a terrible business idea for them. They offer no support for those mods and they shouldnt', but this causes confusion since they offer the mods via the control panel. Also, their tutorial videos are ancient and a lot has changed about their control panel and battleye since the videos were put out and the tutorials haven't been updated. All and all they're ok.. although theres this big "scandal" going on right now because apparently a lot of the servers they advertise as being at a specific location, may or may not actually be hosted at that location. For instance, when I signed up with them I chose Philadelphia server since I live in Philadelphia. They don't even offer that one anymore its now New York, but when I google my IP address (http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/198.27.83.215) it shows it in Canada. Id kind of like to get to the bottom of that....

Back