Dayz Epoch server doesn't seem to start properly

Rolliz

Hi! I installed this mod onto my server by replacing the PBO with one with the mod in it and restarted the server, but now it gets stuck on "waiting for server to start authentication".

Host is Nitrado btw

Have you tried waiting over the 30 seconds timeout?

I use Nitrado too, and sometimes server authentication will take too long after a restart and timeout (give you a black screen), but if you give it 10 more seconds it might just load correctly.

If you press escape, it will often glitch out and spawn you in debug; so try waiting it out?

Alternatively, you might have the prefix issue if you're using PBO manager.

If you're using PBO Manager don't unpack and repack your entire pbo file. Instead, copy and paste files from the PBO Manager GUI. This is what I heard other users of PBO Manager suggest.

If you're using cpbo check out the authentication_fix folder in the DZAI download package, it may help you.

Yes also Nitrado got a general issue with servers that are customized and have more than 20 people on. Iam with them since a while and our servers are good populated because we made them special with customizations but no matter how often they moved the server to "better boxes" its still very poor in performance. The biggest problem they have I think is that their databases seems to run on Linux servers and the connection to Windows gameservers is not working 100% . Windows cost money while Linux is free. We will move away from them cause they are simply not able to give us for our money what we want to get. Mention good Serverspecs mean nothing if you share the box with 20 other gameserver.

Back