DayZ Epoch Server - Stuck at Loading Screen

benignsage

Oh wise community members, I reach out to you for guidance. I have poured endless hours into this issue and I have not found a solution. I have searched forums, videos, Google, etc. I have tried a million things. It makes no sense.

Here's the deal:

I configured a DayZ Epoch server (ArmA2/OA). Followed the guide on epochmod.com. Brought server online. Joined it, other people joined it, yaay! Next day, could not join. I got into the lobby, hit OK, then the loading screen did its thing, got past all the authenticating, etc., then just sat there with a blank loading bar. I can hear my character, I can move around, but just see the loading screen. I closed and reopened the game and tried rejoining. Same thing. During this time, all my buddies can join no problem.

Instead of going through the long list of things I have tried let me tell you what I have done that helps but is not a solution:

1. If I delete my character from the database, I can get in (without restarting server).
2. If I restart the server and am the very first to join, I can get in.
3. I can join/rejoin other Epoch servers without a problem.

However!:

1. If I leave the server and try to rejoin I will be stuck at the loading screen until I perform one of the above.

If the solution is simple and I overlooked it like a big dummy I apologize, my brain is just so exhausted at the moment. Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated you have no idea!

Its a epoch bug.
Replace this line your compiles.sqf.
Code:
 if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; };

With this
Code:
            if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith {
                endLoadingScreen;
                diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!";
            };

If that doesn't work post your rtp file.

Back