DayZ:Factions

Discussion in 'DayZ Mod' started by Xyberviri, Jan 18, 2013.

1. PwNgu1n

PwNgu1n New Member

I love the idea, I'm excited to try it out. I've been working on setting up a single-player DayZ scenario and this would really help alleviate the boredom. I'm thinking of trying to set up a military force whose goal is to purge everything alive in the affected zone, would this type of behavior be possible with setting up patrol routes? I'm a noob when it comes to map editing.

2. Xyberviri

Xyberviri Valued Member!

The issue with AI is that they are basically on the side of the civilian so what happens is when a civilian "agent" spawns there is no side relation attached to the unit because its not a unit, so it gets what ever the class is set to, this sets all zombies to resistance so the only issue is you cant use that side in your missions for anything really.

if you want to use this with DaiZy or DayZSP you should be able to use this mod with those

The magic happens by setting the side relation for units in script instead of the editor:
    Code:
    //initialize side hq
    createCenter east;
    createCenter resistance;
    //Survivors
    WEST setFriend [RESISTANCE,0];
    WEST setFriend [EAST,0];
    //Bandits
    EAST setFriend [RESISTANCE,0];
    EAST setFriend [WEST,0];
    Basically anything that does not exist when the mission is created needs a "center" or else it wont work properly, thats why we dont have to make one for survivors because they are west, and dayz automatically creates one for civilian.

If you place a unit on the map you dont need to "creatCenter" for that "side"

other than that you set the west-east and west-resistance to enemy and viseversa and your all good to go. as in if you place any npcs down they will recognize each other as enemy, including you.

also you might want to try adding the UPSMON and the DAC to the mission to spawn the npcs.

If your looking for the dayz sp mission i think its called kodabar dayz or Daizy sp

PwNgu1n likes this.
  3. PwNgu1n

PwNgu1n New Member

Thanks for the information, I'll look into that. I haven't used kodabar or Daizy, I've been building mine off of pwn0zor's version, but I'll check them out and see if they have some stuff integrated I haven't seen before.

4. axeman

axeman OpenDayZ Rockstar!

Once again, great work. I have the mod installed and test server is running ok, am going out, will definitely be adding later. I am assuming that I can use createUnit or createUnitArray and assign them to group WEST, is that correct ? I also copied the addiotional class items 2-5 (in class Groups), into my missions.sqm, do I need those ? ta.

5. axeman

Is UPSMON required for this to work ?

6. DeWynter

DeWynter New Member

This is just the kind of thing I've been looking for, I already have opfpr units on patrol in some of the cities i dropped caches and blufor units that I want to create safe zones for players. (like churches, etc) is it difficult to implement? I see that you mention it is a little more involved.

7. axeman

I have started a new thread on creating AI troops: dayZ AI Troops, using the mission part of Factions to set the sides.

8. 3djoker

3djoker Member

Ok, I am trying to get this to work on my server but it doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. Here is what I have on my mission. I am using UPS to handle troop movement, as well as troops walking various roads with waypoints. (So I have already added troops to my mission by hand)

I have added the folder dayz_factions to my mission folder as well as set up the init.sqf as stated. When I start my server the ai do not shoot zeds nor do zeds attack the ai. What am I doing wrong?

Also do i need to add @DayZ_Factions to my server? I seen it posted earlier it is for server admins and it hould be placed in the same folder that @DayZ is in.

I did this but do I need to call it somewhere for it to load when the server starts or does the server automatically load @dayz_factions on its own as long as it is in that folder?

I know you said i is a bit more complicated for people who already have units in place, but can someone explain what steps that we need to take if have done this already?

9. LuxiferGriM

LuxiferGriM New Member

I would like to put this in but I'm having trouble getting started. Namely, I can't unpack the mission file :/. Any advice will be appreciated.

10. 3djoker

3djoker Member

i use pbomanager, search armaholics for it.

11. LuxiferGriM

LuxiferGriM New Member

Followed the instructions, the mission file downloads and runs but I get a something went wrong error...I get the feeling that it's a bikey issue? I didn't mod the Server file at all...Is this something that needs to be done?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

12. UrbanSkaters

UrbanSkaters Valued Member!

I'm using Axemans script because I wanted the following:

AI Bandits (Resistance)
    AI Friendlies (West)
    AI Snipers (East)

I want the Friendlies to attack both the Bandits and the Snipers, and the Snipers and Bandits to also attack each other on sight (makes for good atmosphere during the quite periods on my server). This all works perfectly now, but I'd like my Friendlies to do what your script does and attack Zeds (all the time, not just when they feel like it).

Any idea how this can be achieved, or how I can use your original script but keep my original idea as above?

My init.sqf (dayz_factions):
    Code:
    waitUntil{initialized};
    //0Day
    createCenter EAST;
    createCenter RESISTANCE;
    //Friendly AI including Players
    WEST setFriend [RESISTANCE,0];
    WEST setFriend [EAST,0];
    //BANDITS
    EAST setFriend [RESISTANCE,0];
    EAST setFriend [WEST,0];
    EAST setFriend [CIVILIAN,0];//AI Units attack zeds
    //SNIPERS
    RESISTANCE setFriend [WEST,0];
    RESISTANCE setFriend [EAST,0];
    RESISTANCE setFriend [CIVILIAN,0];//AI Units attack zeds
    And of course I have a seperate unit file for both the friendlies, bandits and snipers :)

My head hurts :)

13. bazza1210

bazza1210 New Member

Where does the create centre code go?

14. Dantw

Dantw New Member

What do i have to do that the shot at me ?

I walked around in front of theme but they want shot at me even when i shot them ^^.

15. UrbanSkaters

UrbanSkaters Valued Member!

Sarges AI Infrastructure (search for it) has the AI's shoot back immediately after just one shot at them.

16. Seeker619

Seeker619 Well-Known Member

before i try this, if i implement this on my cherno server it would not require my players to download a mod right? everything is server side? its not like a rMod or anything is it?

17. benjamin

benjamin New Member

hello i have a server and i wand this mod in my server can sombody add me on skype or make a video how to install this and can sombody make pleas a mission file for cherno whit a lot of bandits i wil pay you if you help me

18. benjamin

benjamin New Member

sombody can you pleas give me a mission file whit bandits i cant use the editor
    so pleas give me a mission file whit bandits ? can sombody make 1

19. benjamin

benjamin New Member

can i add you to my skype i need some help ?

20. -=Five=- NuFaN

-=Five=- NuFaN New Member

How can i make the unit more agresif coz they don't shoot anyone or anything!

Grtz...

Nufan