dayZ House LIghts

axeman

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
dayZ House, Building and Custom Object Lights.

lights_stary.jpg

I really like the idea of having some lighting, personally I think it adds to the 'atmosfear'.. This script will light up buildings with customisable light levels and colours.. It also creates an ambient light source that lights the surrounding area around the house or building

Not all houses are lit each time and there is a random chance that power will fail to each house, the lights will flicker off if this happens.

It is still dark at night and finding the loot spawns is still difficult as they are not lit. I haven't noticed that it makes you more visible to zombies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSTALLATION
  • In Your Mission Folder create a folder called lights.
  • Download : house_lights.sqf
  • Add this to init.sqf:
Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "lights\house_lights.sqf";
};
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NB. I Have changed the path and file name, since the previous thread, as this fits in with my further scripts and is less confusing..

USAGE
The top section of code contains the editable variables. All commented in the code.. This allows the addition of custom buildings and objects and the ability to edit the light colour for each.

lights_cherno.jpg

BATTLEYE SCRIPT RESTRICTIONS
Edit your scripts.txt (<path to arma2 installaion>\<mod folder>\BattlEye\scripts.txt), find the line with createVehicle near the start, on the end of this line add
Code:
!"lights\house_lights.sqf"
to stop BE booting players when using this script. Use notepad, I prefer notepad++, to edit the files mentioned here..

This post has been edited a few times since the first version. This is the latest version of the code. For support on this script visit the Help Thread.

I am currently merging all of the lighting scripts into one and applying a power generator. I am using Epoch as the basis for this addon as I like the mod and it has a generator built in. I am also hoping to introduce lightbulbs into the steet lights, currently proving to be difficult..

>>OTHER DAYZ LIGHTING SCRIPTS: <<

Back