DayZ Mission System

yea definitely don't have that on regular dayz, bummer. Damn your server pop is doing great mine suddenly fell off the face of the earth this week. odd
Yeah, now that 1.04 epoch is out, we are also going down a bit....I want to upgrade but it still has bugs...

Ok maybe you dont have a file to tweak or a mysql table that you can change....but you MUST have it somewhere...the server has to know how many SUVs for example it can spawn...If you set the MaxVehicles (or whatever its called) somewhere in your init.sqf then search for that MaxVehicle string in your dayz_server.pbo....from there see what file uses it and how...it will probably execute another call to spawn vehicles based on that strings' value..so then take that new string and open your dayz_code.pbo (extract the whole pbo in a folder) and search in there with notepad++ what uses that string...
IF your equivalent "dynamic_vehicles.sqf" is not in your mission or server file or database...then it has to be there.

But that didnt do it for me....I manually added 500 vehicles and still got the error....even lowered my MaxVehicles value to 480, so its lower....now maybe the map doesnt have 480 slots available for chars....so maybe thats why i get the error...i dont know...but my log file is getting spammed....and i hate it.

yes me too my RPT is like 3MB almost. I'll take a look. Its possible I spawned in more of one type of vehicle than I have set to maximum for that type? beats me man

Hey guys ,

Does this work for Panthera or will I need to change chords ?

Thanks

Peter Beer

This will work fine on Panthera, but this is the old version. Lazyink has an updated version. The newest version I'm working on isn't released yet.

cant get working with reality 1.8.0.3, when adding the mission files the the server pbo, i hang on authentication, anyone else have this problem?

cant get working with reality 1.8.0.3, when adding the mission files the the server pbo, i hang on authentication, anyone else have this problem?

You either are missing a prefix in your packer, or your packer is corrupting your file most likely.

You either are missing a prefix in your packer, or your packer is corrupting your file most likely.

how would i fix this then if it is a prefix problem? i doubt the packer is corrupting the file, as ive added one addon at a time to lock down which one was causing the problem, so after several repackings and testing, the mission system is causing the problem, no authentication problems with dayzai or anything else added

how would i fix this then if it is a prefix problem? i doubt the packer is corrupting the file, as ive added one addon at a time to lock down which one was causing the problem, so after several repackings and testing, the mission system is causing the problem, no authentication problems with dayzai or anything else added

Can you post your rpt then?

starting all over right now just to make sure i did everything correctly, il post the log if it persists, right now i just added and tested dzai and everything is working, about to add mission system again

edit, yeh it was my fault, i missed the part about adding the factions.sqf to the missions folder, everything seems to work now

Last edited:
Hello,

Wonder if anybody can help me here, Maybe its been posted before but i cant be bothered to read through it all to see if it has. Our missions on our server show up perfect, no issues at all with spawning/loot anything. The issue i got is when we kill all AI and loot the crates the mission does not show as completed and the stays on till restart. How do i fix this?

thanks

Hello,

Wonder if anybody can help me here, Maybe its been posted before but i cant be bothered to read through it all to see if it has. Our missions on our server show up perfect, no issues at all with spawning/loot anything. The issue i got is when we kill all AI and loot the crates the mission does not show as completed and the stays on till restart. How do i fix this?

thanks

The checks if you are getting within so many meters of the objects that spawn in at the mission. Sometimes this is the vehicles, sometimes its the buildings. Just run around rubbing up to things until it says its been completed.

Just run around rubbing up to things until it says its been completed.
My life in a nutshell.

Vampire, I've been making custom missions over the last couple of days. I don't mind to share my work but I'd like to know how you would like it done. Shall I create a release thread for them and post to github with inclusion instructions for DZMS or do you want me to send them to you to begin a user-generated 'addon' pack (since my work is Napf specific)?

I've made multiple city missions, an expert level CQB fight for one of the larger remote office buildings, and I just finished a UFO mission for the radar dish island. I'm betting most players haven't seen a Ka137 so when they capture it, it ought to be interesting to see them work out what it does.

My life in a nutshell.

Vampire, I've been making custom missions over the last couple of days. I don't mind to share my work but I'd like to know how you would like it done. Shall I create a release thread for them and post to github with inclusion instructions for DZMS or do you want me to send them to you to begin a user-generated 'addon' pack (since my work is Napf specific)?

I've made multiple city missions, an expert level CQB fight for one of the larger remote office buildings, and I just finished a UFO mission for the radar dish island. I'm betting most players haven't seen a Ka137 so when they capture it, it ought to be interesting to see them work out what it does.

If you send me what you have, I can work on incorporating them into DZMS as a whole for Epoch specific missions. It would save me a lot of work on making the missions myself.

Will do. I finished a couple more this morning, one called "Death Valley" and another called "Beach Head". Both have layered AI defense and should be a pretty good challenge even for seasoned vets.
2 quick questions, if you don't mind. Is there a way to package sounds to play when the mission spawns? I'm running a theme server and I'd like to play radio chatter messages as the mission starts. For instance I have a "UFO" mission where I'd like there to be Legion radio traffic that says something like "HQ, we've found....something.....send some help!" Nothing crazy but I'd like to build on the thematic immersion.
Second, is there a trick to spawning AI inside a building? So far it's been a complete failure on my end. I'd like to place AI inside for CQB type missions but it won't work. I get that "drop something on a building floor and it shoots 30 meters in the air" bug.

Will do. I finished a couple more this morning, one called "Death Valley" and another called "Beach Head". Both have layered AI defense and should be a pretty good challenge even for seasoned vets.
2 quick questions, if you don't mind. Is there a way to package sounds to play when the mission spawns? I'm running a theme server and I'd like to play radio chatter messages as the mission starts. For instance I have a "UFO" mission where I'd like there to be Legion radio traffic that says something like "HQ, we've found....something.....send some help!" Nothing crazy but I'd like to build on the thematic immersion.
Second, is there a trick to spawning AI inside a building? So far it's been a complete failure on my end. I'd like to place AI inside for CQB type missions but it won't work. I get that "drop something on a building floor and it shoots 30 meters in the air" bug.

You have to use nearestObjects house to get the house, and then get a list of the AI positions available in it, and then command them to move to those positions.

You can also make the sounds play, but you need to add them to your mission.pbo, define them in your description.ext, and then play them on all clients. I'm not sure the exact code for make it play for all clients.

Hai!
So i got this to work on my Sauerland map ! Its absoutely great ... but !
After realizing it was this script that causes my normal (Not missions related vehicles) vehicles to despawn after a normal server restart, i took on the quest to figure where my error was! - I've put in the script a million of times, and ive taken it out just as many times aswell, the only problem is that the vehicles are not responding to being moved, and goes back to its original spawn point after a server restart.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? :)
Would love some help on this, would be greatly appreciated.

Hai!
So i got this to work on my Sauerland map ! Its absoutely great ... but !
After realizing it was this script that causes my normal (Not missions related vehicles) vehicles to despawn after a normal server restart, i took on the quest to figure where my error was! - I've put in the script a million of times, and ive taken it out just as many times aswell, the only problem is that the vehicles are not responding to being moved, and goes back to its original spawn point after a server restart.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? :)
Would love some help on this, would be greatly appreciated.

I am having this same exact issue. Noticed it when I first installed Sarge AI. It would do it occasionally. Now with the Mission System added it does it constantly. I believe it has to do with the update objects.sqf. During install of both mods, the lines to modify were not present in my sqf or the same as mentioned in the instructions. I am running on Dayz.st servers which is bliss. The server side pbo has always been slightly different when installing scripts and mods that call for changes in update objects and server clean up. If anyone can help fix this non updating vehicle position issue I would be extremely greatful!

In the meantime if I find a fix I will post it. Thanks for any help in advance.

Well shortly after posting this, I fixed the issue. And I am using DZMS. Problem is, with the host i'm using, the Server Update Objects and Server Cleanup files are slightly different than whats used in 50% of these outdated scripts and mods I come across. I'll PM the previous poster with my fix. Old game I assume, and most people are playing other things by now. lol

P.s. Anyone Else still having this issue. PM me.

DZMS requires no modification to the cleanup or really any server files other than calling it in server functions. Also, Vampire's server was dayz.st so that isnt an issue either.

Also, i strongly recommend getting rid of SARGE ai. Its old and full of bugs and performs like crap. Get DZAI, that might also help sort out some bugs.

Back