DayZ Mod Private Server help - Session lost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pegruder, Nov 8, 2017.

1. pegruder

pegruder Member

So - I'm feeling all nostalgic lately and want to fire up my own private server to mess around in. I thought I had everything all setup correctly but here I am. :) I can start the server and it seems to launch without error, but when I join I get session lost. I also keep getting these in the logs when someone joins: 22:29:19 Server error: Player without identity GenTVDinner. Below is my launch string:

@Echo OFF
    ECHO STARTING SERVER...
    START .\arma2oaserver.exe -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;ca;@hive;@dayz -name=cfgdayz -config=cfgdayz\server.cfg -cfg=cfgdayz\basic.cfg -profiles=cfgdayz -enableHT
    EXIT

Any ideas? I don't remember this being that difficult back in the mods hayday. For some reason I've hit a snag :(. Also, I was going to try the dayz control center pack but I got a file not found error. Thanks in advance.

2. clifdayz

clifdayz Well-Known Member

3. Daruble

Daruble New Member

clifdayz in your guide you are setting this up on a pc in your house or a game server company? It sounds like you would use it for a computer in your house do you have one that explains how to set a server up with a provider like GTX Gaming

4. clifdayz

clifdayz Well-Known Member

The guide is for setting it up on a windows box, which could be at home or at a hosting company (I use NFO). If GTX gaming offers windows boxes your good. If they are offering arma2:dayzmod gaming servers then they should set it all up (does anyone do that anymore?)

Looks like GTX will create you an epoch server, but its going to cost you as much as it would to get a windows VPS and build it yourself (40 slots). I know others use SurvivalServers, but not sure if they build dayzmod vanilla anymore.

5. Daruble

Daruble New Member

Thanks Cliffdayz