DayZ Private Server Files Pack (1.8.8)

I am confused right now, the video tutorial says to copy the server files to the production folder (which I don't not have)

but in the readme of the server files .rar it says this

###Install - Part 1
Firstly before installing the server software, create a file in your chosen location of where you want the server files to be located create a new folder titles 'DayZ Private Server' or something along those lines. After, copy the ArmA 2 directory from either:
* C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\ArmA 2\ (Steam)
* C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ (Retail)
If you're on a 64-Bit OS then append 'x86' to the end of the Program Files directory.
Same applies for ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead, copy the contents into the same folder as the one you just created along with the ArmA II files, overwriting if necessary.

so this means I have to copy another 38 gigs of arma 2 and arma 2 ao files to the server folder?
that's just ridiculous, is there no way to point the server to read from those directorys?

I have Arma2 and Arma OA on steam...
So what do I do ?

I am confused right now, the video tutorial says to copy the server files to the production folder (which I don't not have)

but in the readme of the server files .rar it says this

###Install - Part 1
Firstly before installing the server software, create a file in your chosen location of where you want the server files to be located create a new folder titles 'DayZ Private Server' or something along those lines. After, copy the ArmA 2 directory from either:
* C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\ArmA 2\ (Steam)
* C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ (Retail)
If you're on a 64-Bit OS then append 'x86' to the end of the Program Files directory.
Same applies for ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead, copy the contents into the same folder as the one you just created along with the ArmA II files, overwriting if necessary.

so this means I have to copy another 38 gigs of arma 2 and arma 2 ao files to the server folder?
that's just ridiculous, is there no way to point the server to read from those directorys?

I have Arma2 and Arma OA on steam...
So what do I do ?

Copy arma 2 over ur arma 2 oa folder with the pownzor file's :)

38 gigs? Did you installed arma 2 and operation arrowhead both twice? Just copy all files inside the arma 2 folder into your Operation Arrowhead folder. That's all.

edit:sovoki was faster.

38 gigs? Did you installed arma 2 and operation arrowhead both twice? Just copy all files inside the arma 2 folder into your Operation Arrowhead folder. That's all.

edit:sovoki was faster.

Haha no probs i was just looking for some old posts :p & i see someone write down an comment :p

What I did was

1. Create a new folder in DayZ called DayZ-Private-Server-2.4.4(1.7.7.1)
2. Copied everything in the Arma2 Dir to the new folder
3. Copied everything in the Arma2 AO to the new folder apart from the dayz mods dayz commander downloaded...

The server is up and running so its ok,the server folder is 16 gigs btw ...

What I don't understand now is, I port forwarded 2302 for UDP & TCP and go to

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

Port 2302 is closed on x.x.x.x

Why is it closed if I port forwarded?
What is the tool to make your server auto restart that public servers use and broadcast to players?

ALright, I've gotten a server up and running no issues there.

However, I'd like to customize my mission and have found a suitable pre existing mission PBO, however vehicles don't spawn.

Switched back to the default mission file that comes with this server package, and the vehicles spawn.

How can I get AI, custom locations and other various desireable scripts enabled and get the vehicles to spawn? Is it a database issue? Mission file issue? combination of the two? And can anybody shed some light on fixing it. I've been googling for a solution for the last few hours to no avail.

Please help, i created my own server with this files but when i try to enter it says Cannot open file 'C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\tmp\_cur_mp.pbo

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

Ive done everything ive been told todo

Make a DayzServer folder
Copied the contents of (Arma 2 folder on steam to the DayzServer folder)
Copied the contrents of (Arma 2 oa folder on steam to the DayzServer folder)
I run the server .bat file,server starts
I run Arma 2 ao with the set launch options as (-mod=DayZ)
Then i find my lan server in the game browser window
This is what happens after it trys to connect

z1vd.jpg

Hello, I have a problem when anyone logs into my server. Whenever someone logs into my server in the console it says its reading the mission and shortly after it says "mission read" a hive window opens up and then crashes along with my server. No one can connect to my server without it crashing.

After Update all players get:

You cannot play/edit this mission: it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. dayz_vehicles

any idea how to fix it ? dayz_vehicles.pbo exist in @dayz\addons\

ERROR 1318 (42000) at line 1: Incorrect number of arguments for PROCEDURE hivemind.pMain; expected 1, got 0

(this is with 1.8) i can get into game fine it's just the vehicle stuff can't execute on bootup

Back