DayZ Private Server Files Pack (1.8.8)

I'm trying to implement this on a different map to chernarus, but I want to remove the added buildings, does anyone know how I would go about doing this?

OK so this is what I would do but don't think this is what you have to do.

1) Uninstall everything....all of it. Backup the server/mission pbo if you want to save yours<-- important part.

2) Install everything...lol, yes. Clean is happy and happy = players and players are why we host right? right.

3) Run Arma, let it menu up. Close it. Run Arma 2 OA, let it menu up. Close it. Now you have Battleye right? prob not...f*&^(ing battleye lol

4) Copy the Arma 2 root, this means click and drag over everything in the Arma 2 folder under steam, from your steam path to wherever you want for now. I use my desktop to stage files. Understand this should be multiple folders and files for Arma 2. Just want to be sure ;)

5) Do the same for the Arma 2 OA folder under your steam path.

6) Now copy the whole root from the Pwnozor pack. The rest is quite easy to find for the pack.

If you follow this in order always replace and merge all files and folders respectively. At this point you should have the folder you staged on your desktop, which is just what I do. Take said folder and make many, many, many, see what I am doing here :p many copies. Put one on the server box and follow the pack install guide to begin configuring the server and what not.

You can just verify all of your games but it may not work like you would want it to :/

Currently all of our players are using the Arma multiplayer menu to join our server and even still it can take a few times of esc to the menus and clicking multiplayer a few times and waiting 10 secs or more but it works better after the first time. This gamespy thing has messed up alot of servers and is difficult to workaround but its possible.

Test your server with the router in the DMZ zone via the way i described ^ At least this way you know during testing you are not being firewalled. Long story but :/ information flows.

I'm trying to implement this on a different map to chernarus, but I want to remove the added buildings, does anyone know how I would go about doing this?
Im pretty sure it would be the last line or two in your server functions server file. Something about
call compile "filname";
Comment it out do not delete it in case you want them back.
//call compile "filename";
Be careful though there is a cleanup file compiled there too.

Im pretty sure it would be the last line or two in your server functions server file. Something about
call compile "filname";
Comment it out do not delete it in case you want them back.
//call compile "filename";
Be careful though there is a cleanup file compiled there too.

all sorted, there is an options in the variables.fsm to turn off POI building spawns that wouldn't be wanted on the new map :)

Hi I followed these instructions and i am unable to set up the server, is there new instructions with Steam support it seems the problem is because gamespy is shut.

How do we host a dayz vanilla server? any instructions out there?

Hi I followed these instructions and i am unable to set up the server, is there new instructions with Steam support it seems the problem is because gamespy is shut.

How do we host a dayz vanilla server? any instructions out there?
it works, i am running one as we speak. You have to follow it to the letter and put your server in the DMZ zone on your router to make sure your not being firewalled. If it works then it means you need to port forward. Copy the arms20aserver.exe from your arma 2 oa root folder to the betas/expansions and overwrite that one to use the latest 548 patch.

Thanks, how would I add 3 hour restart for this ? is there a way to do it by adding something to the @Start_Server file?

it works, i am running one as we speak. You have to follow it to the letter and put your server in the DMZ zone on your router to make sure your not being firewalled. If it works then it means you need to port forward. Copy the arms20aserver.exe from your arma 2 oa root folder to the betas/expansions and overwrite that one to use the latest 548 patch.

Thanks man, I already did that it looks like it was a problem with Commander in that everytime I joined it would say deleted files from map blah blah!!! any how any ideas how to build server restart with this? see post above for more info...

Asked this in another thread but i'm yet to get any help and it's really bugging me. I've rebuild the dayz_code pbo but I cant seem to get it working on pwnoz0rs server.

The problem I'm having is that when players reach 0 blood, instead of dying like they should do, they stop bleeding and start regenerating blood.

Zombie hits, fall damage, gun hits are all killing players as they should, it just seems to be blood damage that is failing to fulfil an imminent death.

If anyone knows what chunk of code deals with blood damage death and could point me towards it, and show what values it should have I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks, how would I add 3 hour restart for this ? is there a way to do it by adding something to the @Start_Server file?
This requires you to download the BEC tool. You have to enable the scheduler and create a restart schedule that kills the armaserver process and then restarts it. This is a little more advanced for most people though.

Asked this in another thread but i'm yet to get any help and it's really bugging me. I've rebuild the dayz_code pbo but I cant seem to get it working on pwnoz0rs server.

The problem I'm having is that when players reach 0 blood, instead of dying like they should do, they stop bleeding and start regenerating blood.

Zombie hits, fall damage, gun hits are all killing players as they should, it just seems to be blood damage that is failing to fulfil an imminent death.

If anyone knows what chunk of code deals with blood damage death and could point me towards it, and show what values it should have I would be eternally grateful.
If you have messed with the original dayz_code and you have your players download your mod then you have altered something that can be replaced with a new PBO. Save yourself the time and start from default files. If your doing that then it has to be something in another script and not the mod itself.

Hi

I'm trying to get this to work, but every time I attempt to do so, when someone tries to connect to the server, it spams the console and logs with "19:23:34 Mission DayZMod read from directory." and all the client gets is a black screen with the text "waiting for host".

A quick look through this thread shows that no-one else has had this issue, but it happens every time we try to set up the server, even with different computers.

Any suggestions?

Hi

I'm trying to get this to work, but every time I attempt to do so, when someone tries to connect to the server, it spams the console and logs with "19:23:34 Mission DayZMod read from directory." and all the client gets is a black screen with the text "waiting for host".

A quick look through this thread shows that no-one else has had this issue, but it happens every time we try to set up the server, even with different computers.

Any suggestions?
You could try to make sure all of your custom paths are correct in both spelling and case. Maybe you could link your rpt for a little more clarity.

Mine started appearing on commander today out of the blue! .. hadn't worked in ages.. now it appears .. maybe they are getting it together over there..??
I used sheeps to get back up quick.. put man the fps killer his is lol .. and thats after turning off a ton

Back