dayz server 1.8 retrying to authenticate

Quarterbreed

I did a fresh install, got the latest beta from DZC and the 1.8 patch, my server runs fine and the database is up and running. But when its trtying to authenticate it keeps retrying.. and my client is running 1.8 with the latest beta patch also.. any ideas

what the rpt log says?
Code:
 8:05:58  Error position: <select _index;
_cntWeights = count _weig>
8:05:58  Error Zero divisor
8:05:58 File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\spawn_loot.sqf, line 31
8:05:58 Error in expression <find _iClass;
_weights = dayz_CLChances select _index;
The file is too large to paste here, im not sure what this means, its what was at the bottom.. any ideas and it seems to crash sometimes when someone trys to join

I'm no expert but I don't think that would prevent you from joining, if anything it would just stop loot from spawning. My guess is something got messed up somewhere, if I were you I'd make a backup of the current setup (make sure you don't lose anything important) then try a whole new fresh download and fresh install without adding anything to it. If that doesn't work then you really need to upload your .rpt somewhere and make a link so we can try to help you. github is a free and easy way to upload files

At least you can join the lobby, so maybe its a mission or server code problem.
I'm not sure too, but i assume that there's a syntax error in your mission file.
when i forgot adding " somewhere in init.sqf, i received a similar error log.
and also, it would be helpful to pay attention to both the bottom and the top of these errors.

I'm no expert but I don't think that would prevent you from joining, if anything it would just stop loot from spawning. My guess is something got messed up somewhere, if I were you I'd make a backup of the current setup (make sure you don't lose anything important) then try a whole new fresh download and fresh install without adding anything to it. If that doesn't work then you really need to upload your .rpt somewhere and make a link so we can try to help you. github is a free and easy way to upload files
how do I upload my rpt log using github.. sorry lol

heres my RPT log.. im not sure what it all means.. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95663114/arma2oaserver2.RPT

yeah.. i give up.. i can join vanilla servers fine.. i just used your spawn loot and i got the same loop.. ive never had this problem before and i ran chernarus tons of times before and other mods/maps.. this is a fresh install too

if you are installing the correct server package with the same build as your client then you should not have any problems, dont install any mods whatsoever just keep it 100% clean vanilla and try a fresh download of the package and fresh dayz mod

side note, Retra the quote in your sig is hilarious

i do believe its the correct server package.. im using reality and theres only one chernarus and i even copied my game folder for the server and it still didn't work.. i can join any other 1.8 servers fine but on mine i get stuck at authentication

Hmm, I'm sorry I wish I could help. One last suggestion, it appears you are running this locally and not hosted? Have you tried opening port 2302 on your router firewall and any antivirus you might have?

Back