DayZ Taviana 3.0 Update rolling changelist

"There won't be any new Taviana anymore. Got some background info and the whole conflict between the developers. They/We are done. This whole DayZ community isn't what it was while back when it started anymore." -Crosire

As far as release, I'm hoping in the first week of March. -Hicks

Plus you can see the http://development.dayztaviana.com/ website; it is spammed with garbage ads and spam.

Also notice today's date: 3/13, about a week over his expected release, and we haven't gotten notification either.

<rant>
Origins has butchered developers' morale and outlook on where the community is going and where it has already gone. People stealing (code) from another and backroom dealings just to make a quick buck? I mean come the fuck on here....

DayzCC dev has halted, Reality dev has halted, etc.

With Arma 3 out, the DayZ Mod development stagnation becoming unbearable for users/admins, mods for DayZ grinding to a halt, etc... You can see something is up within the community as a whole. I expect more to "jump ship" soon, which is really unfortunate for stubborn admins such as myself. I can only hope development continues on Taviana and any newer forked packages, but the current Taviana lifecycle has split and apparently died a dirty death that was dealt by some assholes who wanted to profit at the cost of their own character.

Maybe this is all speculation, but this is what I am seeing and what I have seen. Take it for what it is.
</rant>

Well that crap was there before and he even got a guy to take care of it.
Sadly he doesnt seem to have the necessary privileges to remove all that junk. Instead he only marks it as invalid.

While Hicks apparently mentioned a date he didnt exactly set it in stone. He used the word "hoping".

Now unless I get a confirmation that development was ceased from him or any of his rightful representatives I wont give up on Taviana just yet. :)

You're spazzing out....

HARD...

Chill out, things get delayed. I'm pretty sure Hicks nor anyone else really care about Origins or anything other than their ACTUAL lives lol...

People wander in and out of the dev community...

Taviana, Dayz, Arma2, Arma3, and Zombie mods are PERFECTLY SAFE...

Even if Taviana.com stops development (which I doubt would be now or out of the blue and not just a planned thing) Taviana isn't dead, nor is DayZ...

YES a LOT of devs think, or will even try, to kill DayZ Modding for lots of differnt reasons, but there are plenty of die hard devs out there now and waiting to become...

Our project (DayZ Sahrani) will morph into something else... and we will likely end up supporting not only all the DayZ Maps you already know but older Arma Maps that people haven't seen...

So don't sweat it... I can tell you for SURE that someone will be developing Taviana and or other DayZ mods for YEARS to come...

OH... and most of all... don't spaz and start totally unfounded rumors about devs who have more important things to do than answer needy public's request... believe me even if they DO want out... most devs feel personal responsibility for their mods... so a complete up and run w/o warning is NOT likely....

Most dev's I've talked to who don't plan to develop DayZ Mods are planning on leaving their work not only in a pretty clean state, but also open for others to pick up where they left off.

I am not "spazing out" or starting "totally unfounded rumors", merely pointing out the developments of the last few months and the feedback I have received from developers, server admins, and users alike.

It would only make sense that these devs leave their projects in a (relatively) bug-free state with the ability to be expanded and built upon. I have even been tinkering with DayZ Control Center for a short time, and while I may have difficulties understanding a lot of it, I know I can make some minor improvements and try my luck at it at least. I am sure forked packages will come out of it, but it is difficult to pick up on someone else's code and to be exactly where they left off.

As for Hicks, I am hoping something can be really added to Taviana and have it up to date with the DayZ code because as of right now, all I am seeing is: Martin screwing over anyone touching Taviana, long-standing bugs and glitches within the map/DayZ compatibility going unfixed, and Taviana becoming out of date compared to the DayZ Code. Hicks has his work cut out for him. Hell, I wish I could help him, but as much as I like Taviana, I will probably abandon this map if this cycle continues.

A large portion of the community (from what I have seen) has either given up until the standalone - whether due to hackers or lack of support or a whole shit ton of other reasons - or decided to work on modding and playing Arma 3. I think what the community needs now (especially the modding community) is some more teamwork among devs, and more feedback and participation from users.

I hope this is not true. im already depressed that dayzcc is going down with this as well then every thing is going to go to crap.

I visit this thread every day ... currently hosting a Tavi server ... hoping for an update. I had heard a rumor that there will be no Taviana 3.0, is this true? Mr. Hicks, could you possibly give us an updated ETA or for release? I really wish to stay with Taviana, but the 1.7.4 content has become very stale.

Also, please open the interior of the soccer stadium in Lypestock so that it can be used as a base/refugee camp. Currently, one must land a chopper in the soccer field to get out of it, as we cannot vault the field wall to reach the stands.

Thanks

I fully understand that you, Hicks, have a million other things to do before you even think about working on Taviana but seeing the latest commotion and the rather long period of no updates I would appreciate at least so much as a quick statement either confirming the continuation of development and possibly a loose release date along with it or confirming the cancellation of development possibly providing one or more reasons. Is all I am askin, really. ;)

It'll come when it'll come. I look forward to more unbanned vehicles, since apparently 1.7.6.x will remove the inadvertently banned vehicle classes.

Which brings me to an idea - with the recent kurfuffle over Rmod2 being included in DayZCommander, Hicks noted that there were some serious reasons why rMod2 represents technical challenges that are best met by the map creators. I wonder how difficult it would be to unban all the classes on a map level. Not include them by default, no, but give the individual admins control to set spawns that meet their individual server requirements. This would represent a huge expenditure of time if effort was made to balance each vehicle individually, but a blanket unban might take less. I do not know.

If this would be a good idea, would there be any way for the community to help in such an endeavor?

I support Wingnut's idea above. I admin a Taviana server and having lightly armed armored vehicles adds to the post apocalyltic roleplay/immersion - rolling into a city ruled by the dead in the belly of an armored vehicle. As long as the spirit of DayZ - the essence of surivial - is preserved, I think this is a good idea but ultimately it is up to the server owner.

I cannot wait for Tavi 3.0 - imagine rolling into Lypestock or Sabina in a Vodnik or other APC and getting mobbed by hordes of the dead while trying to extract some buddies, frantically watching the level of the armor on your vehicle go down as zombies assault it.

We know your a very busy man Hicks ... but please, any word at all would be very much appreciated.

Saeth, our experience with the Vodniks, BTR-60, and MRLS has been an overall positive one - we've included the M47 Dragon, AT-13 Metis and NLAW systems to our care package/wreck loot spawns to give the individual the upper hand over such armored vehicles, and it's worked out well. I was worried that the launchers would end up being used in an antipersonnel role, but this has not been evident so far.

The MLRS specifically has added a lot. A well-coordinated team can now cross the bridge, encounter bridge campers, and call in artillery to clear it out. I just wish it wasn't an MLRS as much as it was a D30 or M119. But it's definitely shifted the balance of power from campers to good teamwork.

Frankly, the upcoming changes to the order of loading(loading CPP before @DayZ) threaten to break the entire concept of our server.

Hicks has been online several times over the last week, I think it's rather rude he won't reply to this post.
Seeing how he started the thread and people are in doubt he should post a reply.

Why have opendayz as the official forum for Taviana.com and then ignore people ?
Have the balls to say it's dead if it is.

dude, seriously?

People have real lives and things to do. He probably only had time to reply to an important PM. No, our RFIs on the ETA of the update are not important.

It's not like he left with a broken map. In fact, a big part of me is glad we've been able to stick to this code for as long as we have - some of the bugs in the later versions sound terrible.

Taviana is very unique in that - for me specifically - once you've played DayZ on it (on Tavi) it is hard to go back to any other map, even famed Chernarus - where my DayZ "teeth" were first cut. With the closest to lifelike cities I have experienced in video games (interactive ones) thus far, and with so large and detailed an area in which to play, Taviana is simply amazing, and a unique video game fix unto itself.

Just wanted to say great work , been waiting for this the most, just a quick question to anybody that knows, will taviana 3.0 be availble through Dayz commander? or will i have to load it myself as a server ? cheers in advance!

the longer we go with out hearing word even just how things are going, or weather they are even working on it with all of the rumors out there. makes me think that it turely is over and we wont see an update.

Back