DayZ Taviana for DayZ 1.7.7(Tact's Build)

Will you download if its released?

• Yes

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really amazing work, i know you are really busy, but whenever you´re done with the main bugs you should probably seek to redo the server files a bit and even make your own package with all the required files and the complete database sql, i think this will help to bring alot more popularity to this mod in particular and get more people hosting servers seeing as it would be much easier to setup.

Just my two cents, peace

Really amazing work, i know you are really busy, but whenever you´re done with the main bugs you should probably seek to redo the server files a bit and even make your own package with all the required files and the complete database sql, i think this will help to bring alot more popularity to this mod in particular and get more people hosting servers seeing as it would be much easier to setup.

Just my two cents, peace

Hey Zodiam,

I will look into re-doing the server files, and see if I can make it any easier to set up. Its been tough on me since I'm the only one thats been working on the project. I had my friends help me test for bugs but I'll see if they be willing to help me make better vehicle spawns and I'll look into exporting the complete SQL database. Have you had trouble setting up a server?

Thanks a bunch Tac! Quite astonishing work! I yet have to give it a go but seeing that I have my finals tomorrow I'll take it for a spin. Always wondered though what it would take to host the game on a linux box. Could you provide some info on that maybe?

Thank you Rusk,

Unfortunetely I don't know a whole lot about Linux. I can see if I can find anybody that I know that knows more about it and have them explain how to get it going. It means alot to me that people appreciate my work and all the time that I have given into this project. It was tough for me making this mod as I am the only one that has been working on it. I still want to fix as much bugs as much as I possibly could, but some of the mods like the Maule, and the Bell 206 I can't do much about since the Author has to fix them. I'm still working on getting a server up and running for people to come in and try it out in a server. I know alot of my friends try convincing me to put mods into this DayZ project but I still like the original feel to it and I want the server owners to have the freedom to add their own mods to their server. Also the database that I would recommend is this database >> https://github.com/thevisad/DayZ-Private-master/ but follow the installation instructions on this page only follow Step 4 & 5 https://github.com/UnclearWall/Bliss-Hive for setting up a MySQL database. But make sure your using thevisad's files. Not to sure if you can understand that stuff, some people may have a difficult time understanding how to do that stuff.

I will try to see if I can make it any easier to get a server going.

Did you add any additional client side skins? If not I think that would be a HUGE benefit to this update.

I've got everything running locally and all my scripts are working great.

Self Bloodbag
Heli Lift
Dynamic Weather
Animated Heli Crashes w/Custom Loot
Custom Loot Tables - Not working currently
Custom Debug Monitor
Increased Zombie Strength
Remove Vehicle Parts
Refuel at Stations

Also added support for instance_building for spawning things from the database

I really hope we get this up on dayz commander so I can update and my players can easily get the files/join the server.

Also found this bug. Camping tents work fine but when I tried to "take" this one I got the following even with an empty inventory:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8cb4k0oqq54ufd/arma2oa 2013-06-26 23-06-45-24.bmp

Did you add any additional client side skins? If not I think that would be a HUGE benefit to this update.

I've got everything running locally and all my scripts are working great.

Self Bloodbag
Heli Lift
Dynamic Weather
Animated Heli Crashes w/Custom Loot
Custom Loot Tables - Not working currently
Custom Debug Monitor
Increased Zombie Strength
Remove Vehicle Parts
Refuel at Stations

Also added support for instance_building for spawning things from the database

I really hope we get this up on dayz commander so I can update and my players can easily get the files/join the server.

Also found this bug. Camping tents work fine but when I tried to "take" this one I got the following even with an empty inventory:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8cb4k0oqq54ufd/arma2oa 2013-06-26 23-06-45-24.bmp

Thank you for noticing that bug cen :), did you notice which one it is? Also download the 1.7.6.2 full download and see if that fixes it for you. When I get a chance I'll try to duplicate the bug and see whats the deal with it. I'll unlock some more skins, any specific ones you want unlocked or added? I was looking into a few that I liked and was going to unlock them. Currently the things I'm currently actively working on is vehicle spawns(Got 250+ spawns), complete database .sql export, and any bugs that anybody finds. I posted it on DayZ Commander and I sure would like them to contact me first before they post it on their program, since I'm still fixing and making improvements. I am glad that you got the following add-ons to work, what's the deal with custom loot have you had any success getting that to work?

I'll also try to add in the other Helicopter loot types, like helicopter west and helicopter east from 1.7.7 to further allow more customization. Also anything that you notice with the server files that I could improve or make better? I will also modify the mission pbo and add in those enterable barracks that have those doors you can open. I know the map was lacking those barracks and I did add them before in the AWG Taviana server and people really liked that idea. I will also be blocking off the tunnel in Sabina since that tunnel is buggy. Any other areas that you may find glitchy I'll do my best to block those areas off.

Honestly that's the most asked for feature is more skins so you really can't go wrong with any of them.

More survivor skins, more camo options, more ghille options, everything!

Nah, i havent had any trouble setting it up, its just an idea, however the thing that cen said about more skins is a really needed thing, makes the game much more beautiful, maybe you could even unlock a few more banned vehicles, just so that server owners have the possibility to have anything on the server.

Thank you Rusk,

Unfortunetely I don't know a whole lot about Linux. I can see if I can find anybody that I know that knows more about it and have them explain how to get it going.

I'm your men. I've been running a dayz server on my linux server for a few months now. Once you get it, you can run any mod/map. I can make a quick guide if needed.

I'm your men. I've been running a dayz server on my linux server for a few months now. Once you get it, you can run any mod/map. I can make a quick guide if needed.

Thank you Quentix,

If you do not mind making a installation guide for Linux it'll be a awesome thing to do. I know the wiki on the one that I saw didn't seem to great. What do you need from me, need anything specific to help you creating this installation guide for linux servers?

AlSO UPDATE REGARDING THIS PROJECT:
I have spoken with the dayztaviana.com team and we agreed to merging my dayztavi into their DayZ Taviana 3.0. I'll update you on the progress as much as I can.

I'll make a complete tutorial about hosting on Linux, but probably in a thread in the Reality section.

PS: I see that you've added gyrocopters, that's great (I love gyrocopters) but can you add the one that floats, it's so much useful on Taviana !
Also, is there a way to add Taviana map extra's from Origins like Taviana zoo and salvation Island (with no super rare loot or NPC's, but the choice for admins to add them or not)

Thank you Quentix,

If you do not mind making a installation guide for Linux it'll be a awesome thing to do. I know the wiki on the one that I saw didn't seem to great. What do you need from me, need anything specific to help you creating this installation guide for linux servers?

AlSO UPDATE REGARDING THIS PROJECT:
I have spoken with the dayztaviana.com team and we agreed to merging my dayztavi into their DayZ Taviana 3.0. I'll update you on the progress as much as I can.

This is amazing news. I hope you can get this all put together into a nice package and get it up on dayz commander quickly.

It's running awesome locally and my players are really excited about the update, but they all use dayz commander so we need an easy way to install the client files!

Hope you get this done quick with Hicks, and add more skins :D

Yea, I am looking forward working with the dayztaviana.com team and they've alot so far with their Taviana 3.0 and they are currently going to try to make it work for 1.7.7.1. The only thing about the Origins mod, we can't take anything from that mod without starting a all out battle. It doesn't stop us from creating/making better things. Cen, hopefully we will have a copy on DayZ Commander and I know the currenty way that I have it now is a pain in the butt to get going. As for Quentix for making that installation guide I will see if I can get the guys at DayZTaviana.com to add in the float version of the Gyrocopter. Also there is a vote going on with those Mounted gun pickups that I've added do you guys agree or disagree in keeping those? Also do you like the fact that I have made the vehicles go faster off-road or should they be set back to default speeds?

To DennJoe, I can put up my AWG server for you to play on. Don't mind the vehicle spawns they are hard to find a vehicle on the map but if you search through towns you'll most likely find one. If the server kicks you out than you know you done something wrong during the install, no worries you won't be the only one having that problem if you ever do have it. I am working on a better set of vehicle spawns, still waiting on my friend to setup his tool so I can complete that SQL package I am working on.

Leave the vehicles unbanned and let the server owners choose to spawn them or not. Let's get this thing going to we can officially update Taviana. It's LONG overdue! :D

Leave the vehicles unbanned and let the server owners choose to spawn them or not. Let's get this thing going to we can officially update Taviana. It's LONG overdue! :D

It is a cool idea to that, the one reason why DayZ banned most of the vehicles to prevent any freedom for hackers to cause havoc/chaos in a server. Might be fine if you run a server Privately with only your friends to play on. I did however come out with a Patch for the mod. if you want to make sure you got the right files download the 1.7.6.2 Full donwload on front page and than get the patch and I fixed those bugs that you've mentioned and did add more skins :). I'm still working on a SQL Database and please note that the SQL Database will be coming in a .sql file. I will also make each individual table export as well in case if you only want to import only a few items if your database that you use is being used on multiple servers.

Thats brilliant! Whats the server specs you are running this on?

Thats brilliant! Whats the server specs you are running this on?

I have a 1,9 Ghz dual core AMD with 2 Gb of ram. That's not much, but I'm using it only for private server, so I never tried with more than 10 players. However, It uses around 300mb of ram for 50 FPS with 1 player connected.

Well I assume the system requirements for a linux server are in or slightly above the ballpark of what a windows-based dayz server for 50 players would require.
Are you using wine to run the server or what kind of solution does the trick for you?

I have no other choice but to use wine since the hive dll can't be run on linux. I'm currently working on a guide about that.

Back