DayZ Taviana for DayZ 1.7.7(Tact's Build)

Will you download if its released?

• Yes

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cheers for that quick response. I would be absolutely thrilled about a (near-)future release of T3.0 with your work merged into it. But I also strongly encourage you to update and release your current build with all the progress on your end. This way the community can enjoy your truly commendable and fantastic work while perhaps being able to entertain a mild hope for a T3.0 release at some point in the future.

Cheers for that quick response. I would be absolutely thrilled about a (near-)future release of T3.0 with your work merged into it. But I also strongly encourage you to update and release your current build with all the progress on your end. This way the community can enjoy your truly commendable and fantastic work while perhaps being able to entertain a mild hope for a T3.0 release at some point in the future.

If it ever comes down to it being to long for a release, I just may have to step up to the plate and release this version to dayz commander but I do believe that dayz commander won't put it on their program if the permissions aren't all intact. I'm still awaiting for YAC's permission and also Rocket for his (Maule, Bell 206) but thats going to be impossible to retrieve. I do believe they may be just fine with given credit for their work and a link to their mods to help advertise their work. I may also try to look for a fixed copy of the Maule M7 I know there is one floating around in Lingor Units and I may ask for his version. The Bell 206 I am not sure what I can do about that, there is some missing features that helicopter is missing is a wreck model and the driver/passenger positions in the bell 206 is quite hilarious. Would you guys miss them if it ever came to removing them? Do you guys mind if the mods came with its own set of bugs? I may also just unlock a few more vehicles/weapons.

If you have any suggestions what else I should unlock I'm open for suggestions on that now. I know one of you mentioned to unlock everything and that i was pretty worried about since it's going to give hackers more freedom to do more damage to your server and that is what I'm really trying to avoid. I am also going to see if I can add that anti-duping mechanism from 1.7.7 in the final version which I hope will make it on dayz commander. Also I will add kikyou's version of the base building mod and add as much cool buildings into that and fine tune the settings. I will also look into a way to toggle it off and on for server owners if its possible to do.

Also since you have a bunch of free time ;), some well thought out new spawn points are always welcome.

The default 2.0 spawn points are garbage and I've been running custom ones for months now and the players really enjoy it.

In fact the only thing I like more about EU was the ability to choose where to spawn (kameni, mitrovice, random). I thought that was a nice feature.

If it ever comes down to it being to long for a release, I just may have to step up to the plate and release this version to dayz commander but I do believe that dayz commander won't put it on their program if the permissions aren't all intact. I'm still awaiting for YAC's permission and also Rocket for his (Maule, Bell 206) but thats going to be impossible to retrieve. I do believe they may be just fine with given credit for their work and a link to their mods to help advertise their work. I may also try to look for a fixed copy of the Maule M7 I know there is one floating around in Lingor Units and I may ask for his version. The Bell 206 I am not sure what I can do about that, there is some missing features that helicopter is missing is a wreck model and the driver/passenger positions in the bell 206 is quite hilarious. Would you guys miss them if it ever came to removing them? Do you guys mind if the mods came with its own set of bugs? I may also just unlock a few more vehicles/weapons.

If you have any suggestions what else I should unlock I'm open for suggestions on that now. I know one of you mentioned to unlock everything and that i was pretty worried about since it's going to give hackers more freedom to do more damage to your server and that is what I'm really trying to avoid. I am also going to see if I can add that anti-duping mechanism from 1.7.7 in the final version which I hope will make it on dayz commander. Also I will add kikyou's version of the base building mod and add as much cool buildings into that and fine tune the settings. I will also look into a way to toggle it off and on for server owners if its possible to do.

About the credits for mods you will be using, adding a simple thanks message in a new loading screen saying "Thanks to Mod_Creator for his great plane/chopper/gyro ..." would probably be the best way to give them credit.
As of new mods, I think there should definitely be more civilian planes/heli (and gyrocopters :D) and also I thought of a dynamic bike spawn around buildings (I always thought everyone should have a bike in DayZ). I also think it would be logic to find helis on the drilling platforms (and maybe NPCs that wouldn't have infected)

I wouldn't say unlock everything. I think the 1.7.4.4 vehicles we have now is a pretty good balance and with your additions I think it's great. I personally have no desire for jets.

I would love for you to add the colored SUVs back like I had when I ran the EU version of taviana :D

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17176&highlight=SUV

Also since you have a bunch of free time ;), some well thought out new spawn points are always welcome.

The default 2.0 spawn points are garbage and I've been running custom ones for months now and the players really enjoy it.

In fact the only thing I like more about EU was the ability to choose where to spawn (kameni, mitrovice, random). I thought that was a nice feature.

About the credits for mods you will be using, adding a simple thanks message in a new loading screen saying "Thanks to Mod_Creator for his great plane/chopper/gyro ..." would probably be the best way to give them credit.
As of new mods, I think there should definitely be more civilian planes/heli (and gyrocopters :D) and also I thought of a dynamic bike spawn around buildings (I always thought everyone should have a bike in DayZ). I also think it would be logic to find helis on the drilling platforms (and maybe NPCs that wouldn't have infected)

Hey Quentix,

Thank you for suggesting that, it is a good suggestion an I will do that (For the credits). As for unlocking more planes/helis I will take a peek into the current banned list and unlock a few more. I guess I'll add the gyrocopters in and do a few testing and make sure the float version works, have to warn you though it does come with bugs and not really a whole lot I can do for it. Also for SUV Recolors I'll add those in as well and modify their vehicle configs to make sure they go faster off-road. I currently got the base building mod intregrated and left the settings out for the server owners to play with, and I have also made a file where they can simply disable it (Just a modded build_list.sqf file that has one buildable object and takes 999 objects of each recipe to be able to build which will be impossible to build.)

Regarding drilling platforms having Helicopter spawning on them I'm all in for it if the helicopters don't blow up after a server restart. As for NPCs I'll add in Sarge's AI Framework and leave the settings as well for server owners to tweak/modify on their own which will be located in the server's pbo. If that works correctly and they can decide to enable/disable AI Framework. After everything is finally completed all the files will be re-signed with a different key to prevent any of the older versions of my release joining servers.

I'm hoping I don't create any new bugs during all that work, and it may take me a day or two to test things with my friends and see if progress is going smoothly. Just hope I'm not to late with this DayZ Taviana build since I've been hearing Taviana has been slowly dying, but I'm just assuming they are bored with Tavi 2.0 and it being on the older code. Also for spawning points I'll take a peek to see if I can add that feature in to choose where you want to spawn on the map and I agree that is a nice feature, if I can't do it I'll make the built in spawn points better and not always spawn on a downhill slope. I've got alot of work to do :).

Regarding drilling platforms having Helicopter spawning on them I'm all in for it if the helicopters don't blow up after a server restart.

They don't exactly explode, they spawn above the platform, and when you shoot at them, they fall and then explode.
It's probably due to the hive that store their location on the virtual ceiling of the drilling platform.

On my server, the heli spawn flying above the platform,and the only way to 'unlock' the heli is to shoot on it.
But if the platforms are loaded after the vehicle, why don't we use the building database instead of the mission file in order to get the platforms loaded before the vehicle table ?

This project will be merged with Tavi 3.0 from dayztaviana.com and will be released as an official update of Tavina on DayZ Commander.

Yea, that is whats going to happen. Me and the dayztaviana.com guys has been working together and I've just been running tests with my friends and gave you guys a bit of a sneak preview of what you may be seeing in DayZ Taviana 3.0 but there is quite a bit that wasn't in the released that was in Taviana 3.0. Meanwhile I'll still be releasing a few previews for you guys to test out with friends and I wouldn't go putting the files on an actual live server as it isn't an official release. When its all done and officially released it'll be worth the wait. I've tried the tavi 3.0 beta that the guys are working on and I'm certainly happy with what they have accomplished. It'll still have the original DayZ feel to it but with just a few extra added bonuses.

In a day or two I'll release another beta, and in the beta there will few more things I've added into the client files such as mods you would install server-sided. I am mainly trying to put in as much resource intensive mods into the client side to help increase server performance and enjoy all the wicked mods that people created. Hopefully you guys do not mind waiting on the official release as it will be worth the wait and come out with less bugs/problems. Thank you all for sticking with us as we will work as fast as we can to get the official release out there.

Great work Tac.

Personally i'm more excited about the Taviana update than i am for the standalone.

One question though, any chance of adding in some costum weapon packs, and unbanning most of the current weapons (not the thermal ones, but the "normal" ones that are banned in DayZ/Taviana?)

Maybe add support for JSRS sound mod?

I know players would love to see new weapons in the mod.

Any idea why I'm seeing this and getting no grass Tactical?

Fixed it!

If anybody wants to test this out feel free to join my server:

95.211.79.171:2319
pw: dbztactical

No password, just hop on and play!

Can't wait for the DayZ Commander release, maybe I'll give the dev build a try... :)

Taviana has always been the #1 map for me and my numerous friends!

Hey again everyone, back again been reading through the thread, I have to say, Tact, you're doing amazing work here, im really looking forward to how this is turning out, JSRS sound mod would be awesome.

anytime you need a few servers or anything hosted, feel free to contact me, i've got a dedicated 6 core server running on a 100/100 connection so im quite set to hold atleast a couple

cheers!
Zodiam

Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'
^^^^^ This's my problem when i launch Restarter But,If i press OK server can run normally.
How to fix this?
Sorry for my bad english XD

Back