DayZ: Year One (WIP modification), we need some help from the community.

Sepherchorde

The help we need is pretty basic. We have a dedicated server and whitelisting set up, and we need testers.

The server is set up for 20 players currently, and we only need about ten people. So far the map is pretty barren detail wise, since we are using a script that cleans up the spawning wrecks and rubble that Rocket put in, but that will change over time as we hand place objects. This will increase load times when you first join the server, but it will be worth the boost in performance since the game is only worrying about spawning loot and zombies.

Alterations of the mechanics will be as follows once we actually distribute to people we bring in for testing:

When walking or staying still, your hunger and thirst will take a lot longer than in vanilla DayZ to get into the red. Don't think this makes it easy to stay alive though, as food and drink spawns have been significantly decreased.

We had originally planned in trying to introduce a stamina system, but this being mentioned other places recieved a negative response, instead, we plan to make it so that when running, your thirst and hunger drop at a fairly increased rate even compared to normal DayZ. So it becomes the question: Do I want to be quick? Or increase the odds that I survive the journey?

As of initial testing release we will likely only have the slow zombies. Don't mistake this for making the game easier, on the contrary, it will still be more difficult if they find you. There are more of them, and their hearing has been ramped up to extremely high levels. We found that by doing this, there was a happy accident that occurred: If you don't go far enough away from the zombies, they will still find you, even with a broken line of sight. I'll use what happened to me as an example: I had aggroed all of the zombies in a small town, so I booked in a few hundred meters away and hid under a bridge making sure they could not see me before hand. I went afk for a while (about ten minutes) and came back in time to see that my character was being beaten to death. Yeah, they will follow you for a while.

Major increase in zombie spawn distance, 2KM in fact.

More animals on the map to hunt.

Vehicles are truly something to be cherished.

Over 900 wilderness spawn locations placed around the map. You now have a chance to come across a horde in the middle of nowhere.

Zombies spawn while you are in vehicles, and they can destroy them. If the hull is already damaged, it will happen even faster.

Weapons are at a true premium. Cherish that DMR or FAL that you found, you may not find one for a very long time if you lose it. The most common weapons you might discover will be hatchets, and maybe some handguns.

Hunting will be the best way to supply yourself with food, as it is quite common to only find junk and maybe a few non-food items in an entire town.

Zombies are tough. I mean that. It can take half of a DMR clip to drop on if you hit the torso. Hitting them in the arm will only increase their chance of missing. Breaking their legs can make the slow ones more dangerous as they crawl faster. The only sure fire way is to aim for the head, and even then you might not want to waste rounds on one that has a helmet.

Plans for the future include:

Reintroducing fast zombies as rare spawns, to keep players on their toes.

More fine tuning of the loot spawns.

Potentially, if we can find some help with getting it introduced, base building.

Altering the rainy weather to be more dangerous health-wise than it already is, it's too easy to stay warm with a lot of rain and thunder.

And a lot more.

If you are interested, understand that for ease we need people that are fluent in English initially, or at the least able to write fluently in English. You will have to keep us updated on any general wierdness you discover while you play as well, and you will need to use our TS while you play.
Other than that, have fun and play as you like (obviously, don't cheat). And please don't spread any files we give you, as they aren't finished and could be potentially broken.

Just get in touch with me in this thread.

Hello, Great project

- i'll try to find same thing with Zombie Horde in forest ...

if you found something, and if you wanted to help me :p thx

Back