dayztaviana.com 3.0.0 public test

Sharkking

Valued Member!
Hello,

Everyone who wants to help is welcome to get the test client and give feedback.

For anything related to gameplay, bugs (with screenshot, location and description ) or suggestions please feel free to post it in this thread.

Feel free to link let´s plays or livestreams as well.

The 2nd test will be for another 1-2 weeks.

Test Client DL and installation instructions:

Due to a lot of changes in content and code a full redownload is required.

- Download: http://www.unix-kiste.de/tavi/@Taviana.zip

- Installation: Backup you previous @Taviana Folder, unzip the Package and copy @Taviana to your Arma2 OA Folder.
- Startup:

Dayz Commander: override dayz folder as shown below

commander.jpg

Hit "Launch Dayz now" button and join the server ip using multiplayer connect.

Manual: start dayz with -mod=@Taviana;

Servers:

US: (as needed)
EU: 78.47.186.203:2302

Known Issues/Bugs/Workarround behaviours as of now (please don´t report):

- Removing an engine from vehicle does not add it to inventory
- Gender selection not working (not enough female skins).
- Logout timer sometimes doubled in the gui
- a damaged looking vehicle gets visually repaired when you klick "repair vehicle". This is a database issue of vehicles having damage set but no Hitpoints. (fixed)
- popupmessage "sla_weapons". AEK Weapons replaced with G3 sniper rifle
- some object placements arround the bridge need to be corrected
-
some vehicles have too much repair parts in the repair menue (mostly Trucks, 8 wheels).

Reported:

* Spawn location heli's can appear too deep in water, resulting in starter gear not being able to be reached and looted. Should be fixed now. However it may happen if the player spawns within 3m of the waterline. But hey, try to crashland a heli exactly on a given position.
* Survivor campsite Tents disappear (not worried about them, as they shouldn't spawn with loot). Camp spawner removed
* Removing an engine has yet to be completed as there is no feedback on the removal progress after the character enters the drivers seat.
* Some sound artefacts (clicking; not related to gear timing) when driving the FFR110.
replaced with Taxi because also slots where OP for this type of car
* No Engine Block spawns noted as yet (all other Loot appears to be fine at this stage apart from below). increased WeaponHolder_PartEngine chance
* The non enterable Military Camp Barracks have the loot that spawns there partially appear inside the building.
* Retrieving gear from dead character can only be completed when zooming in with right mouse button and then scrolling. (cannot confirm yet)
* Blue Civilian Ural spawn in Sabina places truck on top of awning, making it unobtainable.
* Several boats are currently spawning (or otherwise placed by SK's) inland, not anywhere close to water.
* Tent placement rotation has character lean when using Q & E (can this be changed via using the ALT Key?). (later as it does not cause problems during placement)

To give an overview of what will be offered for the test :

- incuded MAP_EU for addon makers
- included ASC_EU_LIGHTS for addon makers
- Night Lightening - Streetlamps, Airport, Towers, Lighhouses, Bridge...
- Skins from Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps Pack

- reworked leveling to dedicated skins per level:
  • 6 Survivor skins (Urban) (-3000 - +5000 Hum)
  • 3 Bandit LVL 1 Skins (Terrorists) (-10000 - -3000 Hum)
  • 3 Bandit LVL 2 Skins (Terrorists Camo / Default Dayz (< -10000 Hum)
  • 3 Hero LVL 1 Skins (Mercs / Default Dayz) (+5000 - +10000 Hum)
  • 3 Hero LVL 2 Skins (Blackops) (> +10000 Hum)
  • Skin limmitations: Heroes and Bandits can´t use Skin_Camo_DZ or Skin_Soldier_DZ and Skin_Sniper_DZ.
  • Bandits and Heroes can switch between the 3 available Skins for their class (WIP, not included in the test)
New since last test:

- bugfixes (see list above)
- lowered some item space requirements to support crafting recipes
- added vehicle parts to be crafted (press "i" ingame to show recipes)
- lowered loot spawn for craftable vehicle parts to be very rare (except industrial crashSite)
- adjusted vehicles to be spawned with random damaged parts (including script to randomize them on every server restart). newly spawned vehicles now always have different parts damaged.
- added a +10 hum for zed kills to give heros a chance to raise hum with other than bloodbagging and bandaging. (250 zeds needed for lvl1, 500 from lvl1 to lvl2)
- added a hum loss/gain on death depending if hero/bandit (WIP, not included in test)

previous stuff:

- Bell Choppers (Unarmed)
- Taxi´s
- AEK Weapons
- G3 Weapons
- Custom Killmessages adjustable in init.sqf (needs to be tested)
- Autorefuel (on/off switch in init.sqf), adjusted to slower speed
- Spawn with Crashsite (on/off switch in init.sqf)
- Salvage Vehicle
- added 8 wreck classes to chrashspawn system with different loottables (military,militaryHigh,civilian,industrial)
- removed radar on most vehicles
- New Script Addons:
  • "dynamic" Burning Tireheaps arround player Startup Locations (Main Island) (credits Ben/Brian) (on/off switch in init.sqf)
  • Main Island Fortifications (credits Ben/Brian) (on/off switch in init.sqf) (WIP)
    removed for testing. Need to fix some positions
  • Some places have been reworked/added including lootable Buildings (on/off switch in init.sqf)
  • District Z - PVE area with new AI bandit/terrorist skinned units and rare weapon/choppers to get from. (on/off switch in init.sqf) - Serverside
- Small and Medium Bloodbags for self-bloodbag.
  • small gives 3000 blood, use time 5 sec , no reuse timer , infection risk 10%
  • medium gives 6000 blood, use time 20 sec , no reuse timer, infection risk 10%
- adjusted loot tables to include all new items, weapons, magazines and medical stuff
- lots of unbanned vehicle and weapon classes (list will be provided with the release)
- 500 new spawn locations for vehicles
- 9 different player spawn locations on both Islands.
... and some more.

regards
Sharkking

Last edited:
as of always lately discovered some minor but ugly bugs. I am in good hope to put the client online in some hours

after looking into the erorr with "sla_weapons" issue i found that there was a undocumented depency in AEK pack to another pack.
the AEK weapon pack will therefore be removed and replaced with more g3 models

Thank You sharkking and all you who worked on this. I think it's great.
However I seem to be the only one on the server. I love the crafting menu.
Only bug I encountered was the tractor wouldn't let me salvage anything. Going to check out the AI island tonight.
I'm usually on around 8 PM pst if anyone wants to join me.
Thanks again ...it's what this map needed for a long time now.

Hello, thanks so far. An update will be installed this weekend that should fix the current found issues.
A delta update (only changed pbo´s) will be announced. Since the server is running in test mode no keys are needed.
The test will last for one more week. Hopefully we can get some ppl on at the same time and make some pvp action.

So far, no major negative issues have occurred; but I will address a few items -

* Spawn location heli's can appear too deep in water, resulting in starter gear not being able to be reached and looted.
* Survivor campsite Tents disappear (not worried about them, as they shouldn't spawn with loot).
* Removing an engine has yet to be completed as there is no feedback on the removal progress after the character enters the drivers seat.
* Some sound artefacts (clicking; not related to gear timing) when driving the FFR110.
* No Engine Block spawns noted as yet (all other Loot appears to be fine at this stage apart from below).
* The non enterable Military Camp Barracks have the loot that spawns there partially appear inside the building.
* Retrieving gear from dead character can only be completed when zooming in with right mouse button and then scrolling.
* Blue Civilian Ural spawn in Sabina places truck on top of awning, making it unobtainable.
* Several boats are currently spawning (or otherwise placed by SK's) inland, not anywhere close to water.
* Tent placement rotation has character lean when using Q & E (can this be changed via using the ALT Key?).

I'll update after playing some more...

The process involves the player to be taken in and out within 1 sec and salvage process starting automatically afterwards (including the finished message). If the player stays inside the vehicle the process is cancelled.

Can you remenber if you were put out automatically ?

Wasn't put out automatically from the attempts I made. I thought it may have been isolated to the GAZ Black Limo; then it didn't work for an M1-7 as well. I had to get out manually, both times, as I wasn't sure on the process. I'll test it again when I get the chance.

As already mentioned, no Engine Blocks have spawned as yet; anywhere. Hence the attempts to salvage the engine as above.

Want to make sure I have fixed engines before I take on District Z.

Tested on another vehicle: salvage starts, repair sound commences, character gets inside...

Got out, started moving around and then message came up: Salvage cancelled; moving.

Edit 2 - The above attempts were performed in Lypestock; which may be the cause. I have successfully attempted the removal of an engine in Sabina; with the character getting out of the vehicle automatically after 1 second.

Perhaps the surface type is the cause? Or the old 'Lypestock Log Out/Log In/O God I'm Swimming In The Road' Bug.

I'll attempt another removal on a different surface up there, away from the mountains.

Edit 3 - Attempted removal of a wheel at Sabina Hospital: same issue as originally found. Animation starts; character stays in vehicle.

Attempted another salvage near Dubovo on grass/standard road: successful. It seems to be the surface type to me.

Last edited:
Back