Disable or edit hide body action

Kenturrac

Is there a way to do that? Originally I wanted to add a script before he is actually hiding the player. Though I found the hide body option in the publicEH.sqf, but editing this doesn't have an effect on anything.

Any ideas?

Maybe because you need to edit your path in your in init.sqf so it's actually using your custom file?

ya i also have no use for hide body either and would like to know how to disable it. already have scripts for bodies hiding seems redundant.

I will add some hope to this last push. :D

But I guess it's not changeable. The hiding feature is deeply integrated into Arma and I just cant find where it is applied to the player characters. Thought hiding the "hiding" option would be a possibility, but without the right variable its pointless to try. :(

I will add some hope to this last push. :D

But I guess it's not changeable. The hiding feature is deeply integrated into Arma and I just cant find where it is applied to the player characters. Thought hiding the "hiding" option would be a possibility, but without the right variable its pointless to try. :(
What exactly are you trying to do? I'm confused as to what you are trying to accomplish with this.

just want to hide or remove the scroll wheel option "Hide body"
i have enough scripts for bodies hide is redundant for me

dont know if this could help, but in publicEH.sqf there is these lines:
Code:
"PVDZE_plr_HideBody"        addPublicVariableEventHandler {hideBody (_this select 1)};
"PVDZE_obj_Hide"            addPublicVariableEventHandler {hideObject  (_this select 1)};

Maybe this can help guys :D

from my searching the function ive found it cant be removed guys its part of the clients local epoch files (which is why a diff mod can get rid of it as the client downloaded that mod which had it removed from the client files)

ok So I want this gone..... lol.
in dayz_code > init >publicEH.sqf it is defined on line 6
Code:
"PVCDZ_obj_HideBody"    addPublicVariableEventHandler {hideBody (_this select 1)};
This simply just calls the arma 2 hidebody and doesn't call anything etc.
Though to fix this normally you would do something like :
Code:
"PVCDZ_obj_HideBody"    addPublicVariableEventHandler {[_this select 1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\custom\newhidebody.sqf"};
Though i think that the issue here is that there is no call, so you can't redefine what it does through the compiles.sqf. For me I would just directly replace it with the buryhuman script. though i don;t see a clearway of doing this without getting your players to modify their @dayz folder.
Saying all this though and in the variables.sqf I have
Code:
PVDZE_plr_HideBody = objNull;
So could I simply just redefine the variable by using:
Code:
PVCDZ_obj_HideBody = execVM "fixes\buryhuman.sqf"
and
Code:
PVDZE_plr_HideBody = execVM "fixes\buryhuman.sqf"
I have never seen an execVM in a variables file.

Curiously I have found that the dayz_code directly from my up to date files contain:
PVCDZ_obj_HideBody in both of the publicEH and the variables. however my custom variables for epoch contains PVDZE_plr_HideBody in the variables.

Curiously I have found that the dayz_code directly from my up to date files contain:
PVCDZ_obj_HideBody in both of the publicEH and the variables. however my custom variables for epoch contains PVDZE_plr_HideBody in the variables.
add both to your custom variables and overwrite them, thats my plan :)

why not simply replace the dead body with something else like the grave from epoch (or something else for other mods) and add the gear into them. You even could easiy modify the study body action to get the name it if needed.
Its way simpler in you even clean corpses immediately which is less work for the server.
Just thinking out loud ;)

Back