Dogs and anomalies addin scripts

@curtis kober
Having same problem atm, trying to fix.

Also i go to add #Include code to description and it gets stuck on wait for host makes me wounder if that the problem.

Edit: Got the include to work and deleted a few things to see if that stopped the message poping up but still getting the "cannot load misson" works fine but rather annoying having it pop up.
Attached the pbo to see if someone could please help and see if they have any ideas.

Attachments

• dayz_1.chernarus.pbo
    339.4 KB · Views: 9
@span55
good to see the bicycle work!
I did not adjust viewdistance? 9000 is a setting in plrinit.sqf. (clientside in the new version) which is triggered ones on login to check if a player is on the map. Does not effect server. if you adjust it to 900 it will have implications for the joining player.
You will like the new dogs, only have to test the player commands.

@capello
As I wrote you before. "Its not my habbit to debug others files", that was a one time privilege. Please be so kind not to spam me with files of over 300 kb with other scripts than mine. I corrected your version 13 messages ago, and it worked on my side. You have to take it from there. I am nod angry just serious

@curtis
that code you pasted seems ok. still i think its a typo in the .sqm file
If you attach the default namalsk mission file with one added doghouse that works. I will add the code for you on Monday.

@capello
As I wrote you before. "Its not my habbit to debug others files", that was a one time privilege. Please be so kind not to spam me with files of over 300 kb with other scripts than mine. I corrected your version 13 messages ago, and it worked on my side. You have to take it from there. I am nod angry just serious

@curtis

What on the freakin' Earth are you talking about? I haven't posted a pbo since that, and I'm using the one you gave it to me in your respond. Since that, the only thing I commented, was my experiences and possible errors with the script. Also, I shared my experiences about something you asked about, the sitting on a vehicle's back - and I gladly did it for you. Haven't even attached anything, since I asked your help with it originally, lol.

@capello
Sorry, I mixed it up with Phenomix. :confused: I''l end this thread and create a new one hopefully tomorrow and keep properly track of things.

what at you server assembly?
what assembly server?
lay out here the mission, I will look
dayz_1.Chernarus.pbo
It's a Namalsk .73 Bliss server hosted by DayZ.St.
File included is my mission file... Only two anomalies for testing purposes. No dogs.
Also: the stone ones appear to be visible, but the others I cannot seem to find, outside of their "dusty" effect from a distance.

Attachments

• dayz_mission_Anomalies_test.pbo
    327.2 KB · Views: 17
@span55
good to see the bicycle work!
I did not adjust viewdistance? 9000 is a setting in plrinit.sqf. (clientside in the new version) which is triggered ones on login to check if a player is on the map. Does not effect server. if you adjust it to 900 it will have implications for the joining player.
You will like the new dogs, only have to test the player commands.

I have no problems!

you can make command for dogs?
That the dog wouldn't bark
That it would be possible to give to a dog command to be silent

@capello
Sorry, I mixed it up with Phenomix. :confused: I''l end this thread and create a new one hopefully tomorrow and keep properly track of things.

No worries, it must be stressful, all these people asking for help. You know what you gave me, let me know, if you want me to change anything in the code for further testing (talking about the sitting script, or fixes for doggies), I'll gladly be your lab rat :)

@ebay try //load loadscreen in .ext file see 2 pages ago in this thread.

@ispan that filter swag looks beautifull, almost cant believe it. I only know the postapocalyptic effect: Eagle Wing Effects.

@curtis
Are you sure the .pbo you send me is working since in .sqm the item embedding of class mission seems not as suppost to be. And I see two doghouses in the sqm file but the items for class vehicles are not counted.

@Vincenzo
Grazie.

Now the doghouses working on Namalsk without getting any load errors on startup.
Now, how would I get the server to log the type/existence of dogs? I want it to record on my private hive (on the survivor table, if possible) either a 0 - No dog; 1- pastor; or 2- Fin.
I would prefer to modify the server files that read/write the survivor table, but I could also just set up a similar thing to the cust_loadout_profile but make it like dog_profile and have it contain the UID and 0,1, or 2.
Anomalies seem to work, and I think the Flame anomaly was causing the "Cannot load mission" error beforehand. My removal of it into stone anomalies/doghouses seems to have removed the problem.

I could even add another survivor_dog table and have it record an inventory, similar to the Vehicles table. This inventory would easily be accessible by an addAction on the dog to access it's inventory.

To anyone who has experience dealing with the Hive management, any assistance via PM/Skype would be greatly appreciated.

piXel, if I want to disable the teleport, is it enough, if I "disable" the teleport.sqf with /* and */ ?

I think, I'm gonna turn it off for the time we find a fix for the flashes what everyone can see when someone is TPing.

@capello
I have fixed the flashes in the new version, almost ready... It was client serverside issue. if you want to disable flashes in your version.
change in, or delete whole rows in, the anomaly files : anomalyFire.sqf etc.
// cutText ['','white out'];
nul = [(thisList select 0)]execVM 'addin\setHealth.sqf';
nul = [(thisList select 0)]execVM 'addin\teleport.sqf';
// cutText ['','white in', 9];

piXel, I've fixed my "waiting for host" issue but it seems my dog houses don't want to spawn. They don't have to be put in through the database do they?

@Phailure
The doghouses are placed through the .sqm file. All could be ok
maybe it's placement=70; in the doghouse item (means placed in a random radius of 70 meters) change 70 in 1 and see if you can find it.

I didn't take the spawns from your SQM, I made my own up. Is that bad? Here's what mine looks like:
Code:
class Item100
                {
                    position[]={1962.3983,13.430456,2234.709};
                    placement=0;
                    special="NONE";
                    id=100;
                    side="EMPTY";
                    vehicle="Land_psi_bouda";
                    leader=1;
                    skill=0.2;
                    health=0;
                    fuel=0;
                    ammo=0;
                    text="dog";
                    init="_nul = [this]execVM ""addin\dogInit.sqf"";";
                };
                class Item101
                {
                    position[]={3668.7834,12.427526,2431.0786};
                    placement=0;
                    special="NONE";
                    id=101;
                    side="EMPTY";
                    vehicle="Land_psi_bouda";
                    leader=1;
                    skill=0.2;
                    health=0;
                    fuel=0;
                    ammo=0;
                    text="dog_1";
                    init="_nul = [this]execVM ""addin\dogInit.sqf"";";
                };

EDIT: I used your spawn points, dog houses spawn, but no barking, no dog, and loot piles spawn floating in the air next to them. When you shoot the house, it explodes...yeah.

3. Add in the file: description.ext above the "class Header" (reference to sounds):
#include "addin\fx\descrExt.h"

how come you say to add above class header in your second post, but in your description.ext its on line 53. (which is below class header)

Sprinkz
It,s good that you have attention for detail. in the 26-1-2003 version it needed to be under the rscpicture. for images. in the first release I placed it for convenience on top. Now, if you build this into your own version //loadscreen is needed. To solve double declaration

Phailyur
that snippet seems ok. file doginit in addin is found otherwise error. trigger is not fired (and you are running this in a server environment). No idea, sorry. you should debug thedoginit file to see if it triggers anything.

Back