Downsizing Sarge AI Script?

paddy1223

I wondering Sarge If I can downsize the script. I only need it for Chernarus and would like to downsize my mission size. Is it possible to take out the grid_tavi.sqf and grps_tavi.sqf, etc from the map_configs? I know id have to remove something else from the upson etc. Is it possible or are they linked?

I found out the hard way that they are required to be called from somewhere. Do not simply remove them until you figure out what code calls them.

I found out the hard way that they are required to be called from somewhere. Do not simply remove them until you figure out what code calls them.

Yea me2 lol :p

Found the include code in "SAR_AI_init.sqf"

Code:
    switch (_worldname) do {
        case "chernarus":
        {
            #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_chernarus.sqf"
        };
        case "tavi":
        {
            #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_tavi.sqf"
        };
        case "namalsk":
        {
            #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_namalsk.sqf"
        };
        case "lingor":
        {
            #include "map_config\SAR_cfg_grid_lingor.sqf"
        };

and so on for other maps. Just looking through every other file now to see if theres more. :)

Im just streamlining all the scripts I can for unwanted filesizes to bring down the mission size for people joining :)

Do not remove the files. I also advice not to change the include logic.

If you really want to save space in your missions.pbo, empty out the files that you dont need (delete everything in them) and save them as 0 length files.

By this they are still there, can be included, you are safe in regards of me sending updates, and your pbo size is reduced.

Sarge

Back