DZAI dynamic patrol bodies disappearing

Bossreaper

I am having an issue with the dynamic patrols. When they die the bodies are disappearing within 30 seconds. I have changed the decay time on the bodies and that works for the ai i have custom spawns for. But i am puling my hair out with this i must have missed a setting on something but i have using the dzai for a year on my server and never had this problem. I am using epoch 1.0.5.1 and the new dzai 2.1. Thnaks for any help in advance.

Reactions: chi
You may want to try redownloading a fresh copy of DZAI from Github and see if the problems continue. I made a few updates after 2.1.0 that may have fixed this same issue. The current version explicitly checks if each unit is dead before deleting a group's units - if dead: wait until normal cleanup time passes, if alive: delete immediately.

If it continues, then it's possible that DayZ's own body cleanup is doing the deleting.

Yeah re installing it made no difference. Ah well its only the roaming AI i have enough missions and bandit bases to keep the mobs happy, they can just make do with that.

Another weird thing a player just reported the last 5 patrols he came across had 5 ai each time 2 of the bodies remained the rest dissappeared.

Reactions: chi
That's extremely strange. I've just went and did a search for all deleteVehicle commands used in DZAI. The only time it's directly applied to AI units is for dead units, but even still, a minimum amount of time must pass before DZAI is even allowed to delete the unit, and a check is made to ensure no player is within 20m before the delete is done (after the timer of course).

All the other times it's done through the special DZAI_deleteGroup function that works in the way I described in my last post. So at this time a fix is not possible but I will be on the lookout. I still believe the most likely cause is DayZ's cleanup function, in my opinion/best guess.

No problem thanks again for looking into it, i really appreciate you taking the time to help. Oh and i love the new vehicle patrol system , man the tears i have received since playing about with that has been unbelievable. That alone is more than makes up for the issues i am having with the cleanups.

Another weird thing a player just reported the last 5 patrols he came across had 5 ai each time 2 of the bodies remained the rest dissappeared.
Are you using EMS by chance for missions? And Buttface, do you think that could have something to do with the Dynamic AI despawning?

I am having a simliar issue with DZAI.. Players are reporting bodies disapearing with 15-20 seconds. So far this has only been reported on my custom spawned AI. Players are also reporting that once they killed 2 or 3 AI 2 more popup after the bodies disappear. I have already checked respawn settings in the config and in the custom spawn sqf.

For AI that seem to be respawning too fast, enable debug level 1 and monitor your RPT log for lines like this:

Code:
"DZAI Debug: Added group O 1-1-F to respawn queue. Queue position 2. Wait Time 167.384 (respawnHandler)"

Keep an eye on the number after Wait Time and report back any unusually low numbers. That number is the respawn time in seconds.

For AI despawning too fast, that's something I can't do anything about without more information.

For AI that seem to be respawning too fast, enable debug level 1 and monitor your RPT log for lines like this:

Code:
"DZAI Debug: Added group O 1-1-F to respawn queue. Queue position 2. Wait Time 167.384 (respawnHandler)"

Keep an eye on the number after Wait Time and report back any unusually low numbers. That number is the respawn time in seconds.

For AI despawning too fast, that's something I can't do anything about without more information.
Ok. Will try it out tomorrow. Its crazy b/c usually only one out of 2 units disappear. Sometimes they all do. Odd. Thanks man

Code:

Code:

Sending you a message with my .rpt in it.

Code:

They are also spawning with more gold bars than they should. i have them set to spawn with 1 max, and I have bars and briefs in the array, but they sometimes have 2 or 3 on them.

As for the disappearing act, i was able to shoot and kill the first guy, loot his body, then look for the second guy. When i shot the second guy, he died, i ran to his body, opened his gear, grabbed a couple things, then he just disappeared while i was going through his gear.

Thanks for your help. Any other errors that you see that i could fix would be helpful as well, lol. ;-P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bz864s896k1p8w0/.rpt.txt?dl=0

The metal bar issue is a funny one. For some reason, the amount limit variable is never used. I'm not sure if I accidentally removed it or it was never used from the beginning. Either way that's an easy fix.

The despawning AI is still more tricky because I cannot see how DZAI is deleting AI so soon. The cleanup specifically checks if 1) Enough time has passed, 2) No players nearby within 20m. The group deleting function specifically deletes only live units. The only reason I can think of is if your server is returning incorrect values when the diag_tickTime command is used. It's supposed to return the number of seconds passed since server start. But even so, the nearby player check should prevent deleting AI within looting range.

Code:

@Buttface

Here is what I got.. I set debug to 1 in the config.. Once the server came back up I let everything load.. I went to the NEAF and saw the 2 AI spawn on my map.. I killed 1, than killed another... I ran up to the 2nd one I had killed (both bodies were somewhat close to each other), and looted the AI's backpack. As soon as I did this the bodies flickered it seemed than both instantly disappear.. Here is what I could get from the logs:

Code:
20:57:29 "DZAI Debug: Created custom spawn area DZAI_NEAF at 120027 with 2 AI units, weapongrade 3, respawn false."
21:07:59 "DZAI Debug: Processed static trigger spawn data in 0 seconds (spawnBandits)."
21:07:59 "DZAI Debug: Spawned a group of 2 units in 0.0380249 seconds at DZAI_NEAF (spawnBandits)."
21:07:59 "DZAI Debug: Unit O 1-1-I:1 loadout: [["AK_47_M"],["30Rnd_762x39_AK47"]]. Weapongrade 3. Blood: 11572.7."
21:07:59 "DZAI Debug: Unit O 1-1-I:2 loadout: [["SVD_CAMO_DZ"],["10Rnd_762x54_SVD"]]. Weapongrade 3. Blood: 11548.9."
21:08:01 "DZAI Debug: Processed static trigger spawn data in 0 seconds (spawnBandits)."
21:08:32 "DZAI Debug: AI group O 1-1-I killed, 1 units left alive in group."
21:08:32 "DZAI Debug: Group O 1-1-I has entered pursuit state for 180 seconds. Target: B 1-1-C:1 ([SM] CiKeZ) REMOTE. (fn_findKiller)"
21:08:38 "DZAI Debug: Deleting custom-defined AI spawn DZAI_NEAF at 120027 in 30 seconds."

Let me know if you need any additional information. So far I have no caught them respawning yet since I enabled debug. Thanks!

EDIT: Btw I can also hear the flies sound as if the dead bodies are around. I am also running DayZ 1.8.1 with latest Arma 2 patch. Hope this helps.

FYI:

I also noticed that at my AI base the AI do not despawn after XX amount of time of no players in the area. I have it set to 120 seconds. This seems to be related to the issue of more AI spawning than what I have in the settings.. The addon thinks its despawning them, than when another player enters the area, it respawns 1 or 2 additional AI instead of the original 1 or 2. Hope this makes sense.

Here is what I am seeing in the log:

Code:
21:23:09 "DZAI Debug: Despawned AI units at DZAI_wohnhaus. Reset trigger's group array to: []."
21:23:09 "DZAI Debug: Despawned AI units at DZAI_supermarkt. Reset trigger's group array to: []."
21:23:10 "DZAI Debug: Despawned AI units at DZAI_panzerstatue. Reset trigger's group array to: []."
21:23:11 "DZAI Debug: Despawned AI units at DZAI_turm_west. Reset trigger's group array to: []."

Last edited:
@Cikez : Thanks for the debug info, it helped me quickly find the cause of the additional AI spawning bug and it will be fixed in an upcoming update. It's also related to the non-despawning bug so that will be fixed as well.

The AI deleting bug is still a mystery, unfortunately. Dead bodies always have their flies sounds cleaned by DZAI along with the body (I actually sat around for 120 seconds before).

@Buttface : Awesome! Glad I was able to help and that you found the issue. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to try to help solve the other bug of the AI dead bodies disappearing quickly.

Back