DZAI_airLootMode not working as intended

Carp!

Whether i have this variable set to 0, 1 or 2, the helicopters are invincible and 3 ai pop out of the chopper alive. Did I miss something?

Can you elaborate more about the helicopters being invincible? There is no scripting that affects the damage handling of the helicopters so they should be taking normal damage.

We are unable to get choppers to blow up or crash anymore. No matter how much damage we throw at the choppers, they land.

2 guys laying into an MI17 with an mk48 mod. We were able to blow them up with ease in dzai 1.7 but now we cant get them to blow up and they land in good condition.

It is near impossible to straight-up explode any helicopter just by firing on it. I had a UH-1H that had crash-landed in the middle of a forest and the entire weapons complement of a UH-1Y could not destroy it (3 Hydra rockets, 800 M134 rounds). Keep in mind that this was just a normal helicopter spawned by the server, not DZAI.

With DZAI, the only way to explode a helicopter is to kill the pilot while the helicopter is still flying.

Cool thanks for that. Just wierd that we havent been able to get them to crash with 1.8 and was curious if anything changed on that end.

We always had much fun shooting them and watching them crash into the ground. Thanks again!

Back